Thread: Not sure if this is a bug - Hacked Symbiot Sparrow's Flight

Question Not sure if this is a bug - Hacked Symbiot Sparrow's Flight

I find that this device works very unreliably. Half the time it works and half the time it does not.

I think this is a bug, but I'm not sure.

Anybody else have any experience with this?

It's pretty bad when my NT is in South Clon**** which has very nasty monsters roaming around and I find that my sparrow flight symbiot does not work which means I have to wait 30 minutes before I can try it again.

30 Minutes!!!!!

By then my poor NT will be in the digestive tract of some Offal Larva and the only 30 minutes its going to be concerned about are the 30 minutes it has to wait after eating before it can go swimming.

Anyway, let me know if you have any experience with this device.

I'd like to know this as well. Sometimes my character just waves his hands in the air and nothing happens. No message of failure, no nothing. If the graft is going to work properly, you see the attack/recharge bar fill up and empty. You know instantly that the bug is going to kick in because you don't see the bar appear at all.

I thought these were supposed to be fixed in 13.7.

Funny thing I've noticed is that the graft seems to work reliably in certain playfields. For instance, if I grid into West Athen take two steps left then two steps forward, I don't think I recall a single instance where it hasn't worked.

And while we're on the subject of playfields, has anyone noticed that some playfields will never let you get the 'soaring' effect while in reet form and others will? In West Athen I can jump all I want while in Reet form and still have to deal with the 'wing flapping' nonsense. But if I zone into Athen Shire, all I have to do is tap the space bar to jump and I'm comfortably in 'soar' mode while en route.
    Last edited by Bionitrous; Feb 15th, 2002 at 22:05:16.

Whilst not stated in the desc, all items that are hacked are more unstable. Which means that the exeuction of the hacked item might fail...

Edit: When hacking for example Blister Packs, the desc clearly states that they are more unstable. And they do fail to execute from time to time.
    Last edited by Angeleye; Feb 18th, 2002 at 09:48:42.
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

Unhappy Ouch!!!

If that is the case then these are of little or no value.

They sell for 100s of thousands of credits, and they don't work reliably.

I can't count on a device that may work and may not when I'm in very hostile territory. Lucky I found it rather than spending all those creds.

My poor NT is dark blue in Vehicle skills across the board.

Guess I will have to find another creative way to get around.

Mirlin NT Lvl 41

A plane may be your only option. Believe me, I even raised the air vehicle skill for my meta who has a flying spell. But QW does me no good because I can't zone with it.

Now the credits may be a problem. If you're lucky, you might even find a plane in a mission. But beware, saving up for your first plane is tough.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Doesn't anyone read item descriptions?

Symbio grafts in general lock certain skills from being used for certain amounts of time. This is by design and is NOT a bug. The fact that it doesn't work from time to time is due to it's hacked nature. If these were hacked with high end hacker tools they might be more stable. ALSO by design....

Read people read....
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal