Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark nights in rubi-ka?

Talking

Ahh, I finaly figured it out...

It is those damn claners that have sabotaged our light in the Omni cities. I always wondered what the real reason for this war was about, now I know.

give us dark nights

WE WANT DARK NIGHTS...

I can't even tell that if it changes from day to night any more...

I liked it much better when night vision goggles accually had a purpose.

Yep darker nights I agree. I'd like to see the sand storms at darkness must be kewl

Bumperoonie!

I agree wholeheartedly. We need our dark nights back. Perhaps make the newbie zones and backyards better lit during night so the no0bs don't complain. Aside from that, I miss the days of travelling and actually witnessing the dramatic progression of day into nightfall.

Stronger baddies at night would be good, too. That is, as they say, when the freaks come out.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

More dark alleys and neon lights...thats it..meow

I would also like to see flood lights and neon sighs turn up when it becomes dark to make it look like a real city at night.

besides the fact that night is already too dark for many players
    (varies by videocard) there is still a common bug that causes you
    to lose nightvision randomly and the only fix is to zone.
    if night was any darker, you'd never be able to find a zone.

if you want the game to be darker, turn down your monitor.
    it doesnt work in reverse tho.
    (turning up a black night just makes it a grey night)

FC needs to consider all players and all systems.

re

Just tweak the Gamma on your card and even the darkest night will be ok.

I remember the first few weeks of the game though, without nightvision goggles, your serioiusly standing around waiting for the daytime.

There must be a middle ground ... I really am getting sick of this 24 hour daylight.

It even gets dark in EQ .... Come to think of it, when's the last time you saw any storms or lightning?

My situation is wierd. The nights outdoors aren't very dark although I do have to use goggles in forests and such because the trees make it darker.

But sometimes in missions I have to turn on my goggles because some of the rooms are so dark I can't make out what's in them.

Now I have my monitor turned up to maximum brightness so whenever I enter a room that has white walls I practically burn my corneas out.

Light, dark....heck I just wish there was some consistency!

I also wish they'd fix the bug whereby when you unequip your night goggles you still get the effect until you zone.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

hmm I wasnt really talking about monitor or graphic settings..meow....im starting to remember how fun it was in the woods in the beta now....very nice and dark....meeeow...why has that changed?

Angry not dark?

Look, as an adv, i have to use playful cub AND my inv goggles at night, just to be able to see at night in some places....and if i tweak my gamma for THIS game, all my settings are screwed for others....

the areas outside, in the wilderness, heck, in the deep forests especially SHOULD be dark....but having to use lo light in the city is silly. ever been to a city at night? it is at LEAST as bright as day in cities at night....unless yer in a small town, that rolls up the streets at dusk, and people have a cerfew and go to church etc etc......and that doesn't seem omni's style. a few streetlamps eh?

Re: Bah, people complained about dark nights?

Originally posted by Banjosammy
    What kind of chickenheads do we have here, running around being afraid of the dark?

I say: bring back the dark nights, and put some more aggressive mobs in there when those moons comes up. Make people think twice about running too deep into the forests at night.
    /chant

DARKER NIGHTS! DARKER NIGHTS! DARKER NIGHTS!

/chant
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Re: Dark nights in rubi-ka?

Originally posted by starknaked
    Is it much less dark at night than it used to be?

I remember in the early days of this game, I used to have to put on a nightvision item when I was playing in groups at night, because otherwise it was very difficult to see what was going on.

I haven't done this or needed to in months, though. On the other hand, I'm always in Mort now at night, which is a different zone than I used to be in.

Are nights less dark than they used to be? Or is it just that Mort is lighter at night than some other zones?
    It still gets very dark for me. Boost your contrast to max and lower brightness.

When I first got back to AO I thought something was done to the brightness, but it may just be the vid drivers I had to install in order to play Max Payne.

I can't see *anything* at night in clon****. I was up there with a level 40 character the other day, sitting in the dark outside my mission cave, chatting with friends. Morning came on and as the sky slowly became brighter, I noticed I was sitting casually amongst a dozen Strike Mambas. Felt like an Indiana Jones moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12