Thread: Pls give us a possibility to break roots

Unhappy Pls give us a possibility to break roots

I have played some missions without the knowledge that i can break roots with debuffs and made the following xp:

There is nothing that is so bad like getting rooted by a mob just before it dies and have to wait up to 15 min (yes i got a 15 min root) till this damn root breaks.

I hope you give us ppls a chance to break roots or let roots break after mob is dead or shorten the root time or something (give us a possibility to damage ourselfe) PLEASE !!!!

you can damage yourself

just select yourself and cast a offensive program on yourself, it will break it.

Unhappy Except...

You'll have read the 13.8 patch notes and seen this won't work in future as it is a bug. So, yes, some method is needed. My suggestion is to create an item or general nano that can break roots and snares (but not DoTs), can be used only once every 2-4 minutes and CANNOT be used in a fight. This would prevent the mechanism being too powerful, whilst preventing too much down time.

2 questions:

1. Does nano resist recrease root time?

2. Would it make sense that since most of us seem to be upset by the root fix, its because right as we are about to kill that seasoned functionary, she tosses a 5 minute root on us so that we just have to stand there like an idiot the whole time, a total waste?

If thats the case, it would be nice if maybe when whomever cast a harmful nano on you, like a root, or dot, that after they die, the time it takes to deactive goes up (or there is some random chance that increases with time, for it to expire). That would still keep the roots on us when engaged in combat, or in pvp (roots are there for a reason, we cant really nerf them) but help us get out of them when they are cast on us by a dying OT so we dont have to wait forever and a day.

Just my thought.

Bumpity bumpity bumpity bump bump bump

You'll find me in a bell tower IRL if I have to wait for roots to go away.

bump

Nothing, but I mean nothing more frustrating then being stoned there for five minutes one shot before the final kill!

It was a blessing when someone told me how to get rid of em, not to escape mobs, but to actually get to the next one.

Also do you have any idea how irritating it is for a group of 5 people to wait after the individual who got rooted in the last fight?

I spend already way to much time in game to have to wait 5 minutes between fights, I hope you see the logic in that.

For every action, there is a reaction. So for every nano, there should be a counter nano, that is where you bring in strategy!

Ander

They can do three things to ensure that not breaking roots being fixed makes teaming and hunting still viable.

1. Introduce a tool that you can only use on yourself and not in a fight to break root.

2. a general nano for all classes to break annoying roots....but cant be cast in fight

3, Program it that with the death of a mob, the root auto expires.

As an NT after being shafted by the about face on stun.....our range nerf.....I am looking forward to being able to root and nuke.

Phinger 152 NT

Originally posted by Fingers

As an NT after being shafted by the about face on stun.....our range nerf.....I am looking forward to being able to root and nuke.

Phinger 152 NT
    There was nothing that I could see in the patchnotes saying you now can nuke mobs or other players without breaking root. It only said you cannot break roots on yourself by casting hostile nanos.

fingers, I'm sure damage will still break roots, if that's your tactic pick a nuke with a short recharge =]

I know that...... your mistaken my text.....Funcom have always said that if I shot at a rooted player or hit them....it would break a root 100% of the time.....read previuos statements from cosmik.

I am just looking forward to rooting some pain in the ass player and be able to leave them there....move out of the way wait out debuff or debuff them.

Phinger

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    fingers, I'm sure damage will still break roots, if that's your tactic pick a nuke with a short recharge =]

Only nukes with short recharge is AoE

But of course MPs got Mind Quake, its about same recharge as AoE and does more dmg over time than any of the NT nukes, MPs got better nukes than NTs, so do crats
    NT phone HOME!!

Its even more fun for crats

Being rooted in a fight and not being able to get out of it for minutes will get crats killed often. As a bureaucrat I use charmed pets to fight. Normally you use a good damage dealer as charmee. Now if Im rooted and out of nano at the end of the fight, I will be dead if the charm breaks and I can neither heal up nor use a nano on the mob. I cannot charm it again and I cant calm and a mob coming out of charm will attack me first, killing me in a few blows while my pet cant get it off of me fast enough.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract