Thread: Steps of Madness

Question Steps of Madness

What is the lev for the Steps of Madness dungeon in Omni Forest where Neleb is? Just read a little about it and wondered how long it's gonna be before I can go there. Thanks in advance.

PS - I just want to add that this community is the best one I have seen for a MMORPG. I played EQ and DAoC as well as AO and this is the only one where players really WANTED to help each other if they weren't guildies. Ya'll rock.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

I belive the 'level' of SoM is supposed to be 30-50 or so, BUT...

The stated levels of dungeons are for groups, and not just one group... to deal with SoM at those levels, you'd need MULTIPLE full groups of those levels.

The mobs in there are of those levels, but have *massively* more hit points than normal mobs of that level.

At level 78, my MA could take the first two (very grey) mobs in there. Past them, you find triples of mobs, etc, and forget it solo, unless maybe at level 150+

I still don't get it.

How in the hell did my Bureaucrat at lvl55 make it all the way to Neleb alive before getting roasted by him and his pals? I keep hearing how hard that place is and wonder why this is so. I have yet to try with another profession. Next in will be a lvl75 Metaphysicist.

Guess I'll try and see how far he can make it as well. Perhaps it's the pets absorbing the hits and the calm nanos that let the 'crat survive.

I always thought that a full group of 45-55 with the right makeup of tanks/nukes/debuffers would have no difficulty at all with SoM.

Wink

I would say it is 'precisely' the mezzing that makes these dungeons a bit easier for any prof. that can mez. The Foreman's Dungeon is the same way.

I went in SoM solo the other night, just for a bit of fun and exploration. I made it about 2/3rds of the way to Neleb before i simply got overrun and died. I didn't expect to even get *that* far solo. However, I feel that if i had the ability to charm/mez/root adds, I would have been able to get to Neleb with little difficulty.

I actually find it quite refreshing that FC has made these static dungeons almost *require* crowd control in order for an intended-level group to complete the dungeon. This puts a greater emphasis on tactics and preparation, which, IMO, adds to the game experience immensely...

On the other hand, Neleb has so many HPs that it *is* doubtful a single 40-50 level team could even dent him...and his pals in the last room spawn more quickly than the time it takes to kill him, usually...

I am a 71 Enforcer, btw.. =)

-C

Originally posted by Calibraxis

On the other hand, Neleb has so many HPs that it *is* doubtful a single 40-50 level team could even dent him...and his pals in the last room spawn more quickly than the time it takes to kill him, usually...

I am a 71 Enforcer, btw.. =)

-C
    And not to forget, when the 40-50 lvl team have been using 10-20 min bashing on Neleb, then comes the lvl150+ NT or MP with his lvl 38 friend. Beat the crap out of Neleb, smiles and say to the team that has realy earned the reward.

"Har har, I couldn't care les. Its the rules of the came. Wait 30min, and he will spawn again"
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time