Thread: Stop complaining about PvP

Stop complaining about PvP

Fixer-> Fast speed, can grid out if in trouble, medium damage weapons with full auto.

Soldier-> Mk Shield, One More Hit Healing, High damage with Alpha Weapons.

Doctor-> Heals, DoT, Init debuff, High damage with Shotgun.

Trader-> Medium Heals, Debuffs, Root, High damage with Shotgun.

Martial Artist-> Medium Heals, Nice special attacks, Medium to low damage (need to be fixed, sucks to be rooted but every proffession cant have root breaker), Uber against melee with BwT .

Enforcer-> Good speed with rage (including root break), High HP, Good damage.

Engineer-> Nice pets, High Damage with shotgun or a alpha weapon (get some damn armor dudes, most engies i see run around in a miir swimsuit and ****).

MP-> Nice pets, can also get weapon later on to do some extra damage, Nano Shutdown/nano debuffs.

NT-> Nice nukes but could need some fixes, root, good damage absorb, will also have loads of spare IP if played right to get a good weapon with good damage.

Agent-> Very good advantages from being able to switch to any prof (underestimated), Good damage with all their rifle's but even better with Ithaca, root.

Adventurer-> Very good heals, Good damage with shotgun/alpha weapons, nice speed, nice damage buffs.

Crat->ae root, nice pets, some nice anti crit buffs, good damage with shotgun/alpha weapons. (could use some help/fixes)

My guesses are that the people that whine whine whine whine have to be gimped noobs that dont have a single idea about what they are supposed to do in this game. And lets say they nerfed MA crit buff, do u guys have any idea about the effect that would have in teaming for xp? The crit buff seems a little bit bugged when MA/agent casts it on other people and that could be fixed but making it self only thats just BS. People are so stuck with the idea that fights should be even. I mean if i where a fixer living on rubi ka for example i wouldnt go into war against a Enforcer soldier or anything like that if i didnt know what i was doing. And something that makes me really upset is a post i saw about a guy saying "I didnt buy this game to play a PK game i bought it to play AO" LOL, dude first thing u find out when u buy the game is that Clan and Omni is at war. Also getting very upset about people getting pissed if i kill them in 25% zones, i mean if i walk into a 25% zone i know that i could get attacked and even killed and i have to live with that since i know that WE ARE AT WAR. All this whining and complaining and the wishes for nerfing are made by the people that dont know how to play this game and FC should either delete their posts or ignore them (secondary best since they have the right to express their noobish minds). I could take any proffession in the game and make it good at pvp, just have to know how to do it. People learn how to play this game before u cry for nerfs. I know there are some things that needs to be fixed and some prof's that need to get some help to even them out. But damnit guys u have to get it into ur minds that some of the proffessions arnt made to kill a soldier or a enforcer (that are here to tank and do damage) but thanks to all ur whining and nerfing and things FC thinks that it would be great to even them all out so everyone is the same and everyone can do everything and everyone can kill anyone. If u want it like that we could just as well remove all but 1 prof give that proffession all green skills then give him all nano programs and then we will see how fun this is. Why cant people get it that proffessions have their advantages and disadvantages. Get some god damn friends ingame to help u out with buffs so u can stop whining and go kill something.

And no i am not a fan boy im just pissed about all the god damn whining that ruins this game.

I agree that there is a lot of complaining, and some of it is true and some of it is not. There are many "experienced" pvpers out there that know about how overpowered some classes are. It is true.

You never mention what class you pvp with. Im curious to know, my guess is doc or meta
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I use enforcer/fixer/trader
    Enforcer is lvl 112 fixer lvl 28 trader lvl 57 or something

Also used Kiaiii that was my lvl 136 MA but that char is long gone.

Truth of the matter is, *ALL* classes can be used effectively if the person using them knows wtf they are doing.

thats the point im trying to make here....the people crying for nerfs are noobs that dont know wtf they are doing. So when alot of noobs cry they drag along other noobs to cry with them so all of the sudden Funcom starts to listen to them and belive that they are the player majority in this game and make it like they want it. All this whining is destroying the game so ffs stop it u dont even know what u are talking about.

damn straight!
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Originally posted by Kiaiii
    thats the point im trying to make here....the people crying for nerfs are noobs that dont know wtf they are doing. So when alot of noobs cry they drag along other noobs to cry with them so all of the sudden Funcom starts to listen to them and belive that they are the player majority in this game and make it like they want it. All this whining is destroying the game so ffs stop it u dont even know what u are talking about.
    fanboy

rofl....me a fanboy? Excuse me for wanting to play a game that noobs are destroying with their whining.
    I mean it gets worse for every patch they release and more bugs spawn and let people exploit and abuse game systems.
    and most things they change are the things that noobs complain about. so stfu. I mean i pay for the damn game the i will have my opinion of it also and that doesnt make me a fanboy.
    Last edited by Coc^-^; Feb 11th, 2002 at 07:19:17.

Wrong.

YOU ARE WRONG

****ing learn first okay? Learn first!

To kill ANYONE You need 2 Crit hits and 1 Half a Crit.
    No matter you class HP or breed.

I can prive it, dont make me tho cuz you will be very owned

And yeah, I cant do rage cuz FC BROKE MY CHAR.
    Rage wont work, hmm

And dont give me good dmg.
    With 1000 Atck Rating I do piss dmg compared to sols and Shotguns.

Ql 200 hammer.
    I cannot get any better.
    Stam and 2hb maxed.
    Implants.
    Max hit around 3k or so.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    Truth of the matter is, *ALL* classes can be used effectively if the person using them knows wtf they are doing.

Hmm, wow, a ray of intelligence You are of course right, and even I can see that in my limited experience

And Cloudeh, if your char is still bugged, you should have been able to get a GM to debug it by now.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

PvP

You forgot that the most important thing in PvP (at most places i know) is a root.

If you cant root the enemy runs away and as meta or engi you are helpless as soon as your pet get rooted (crat also, sorry crats)

Sure, first stop being an ignoramous

MA's have every reason to whine. If you disagree then please, explain for us n00b tards how an MA is capable of doing well against ANY class in PvP.

Our damage is half of minimum. Not minimum. HALF of minimum. Factor in dimach, and Shen/BwT and there is the damage we do to our opponent. Our fist damage is easily healible with first aid kits. Absorbtion shields soak up a lot of damage, and reflect shields in some cases reflect more back then I'm sending in. Don't tell me my gear sucks, because it so doesnt.

Yeah we can't have MA's breaking roots now can we, because they might get a chance to peck their opponents. Compared to an enforcer who can break roots, hits 500-1500% harder, and has way more HP it only makes sense we're supposed to be rootable being the "scurge of nanocasters" that we are. *COUGH!!!!*

Yeah...uh, and parry doesnt work at all.

NR doesn't do squat, being all or nothing is a complete waste of IP.

So call me a whiner if you want to. It's like putting Jackie Chan against someone in that hydrolic mechanized suit from Aliens only with cannons mounted on it. We can't win against what we can't hurt.

Thumbs up ha ha,

rofl with roomie, so so true I loved fighting ma's with my agent sometimes I'll show off and tank em instead of root

nicely done ming!
    its me !!!

Re: Stop complaining about PvP

Doing my best to not make this sound like a flame:

Fixer-> Fast speed, can grid out if in trouble, medium damage weapons with full auto.
    1. Run speed don't win fights 2. "gridding away" in 6 seconds don't win fights 3. Under level 120 Fixers mostly use Par. Mausers with only a nerfed burst. I only fear fixers when they are 100 levels over me.

Soldier-> Mk Shield, One More Hit Healing, High damage with Alpha Weapons.
    1. TMS-MK shields are good and class defining. 2. "One-More Hit Healing" is a joke please don't mention it again unless you need an explanation why trying to cast a nano while “nano shutdown” is running is pointless and even if it's not casting a DoT on yourself is kind of stupid as well. 3. "Alpha Strike" weapons were nerfed (at least Flashpoints) in 13.5. If you try to Fling-Burst-FA you will get a sub 200pt FA every time...hmm wonder how that happened?

Doctor-> Heals, DoT, Init debuff, High damage with Shotgun.
    1. Heals rock yes. 2. Inits only make a difference in HUGE numbers (like by the hundreds). 3. Doctors are not the only ones using shotguns and what would tell a doc at level 1 that shotgun was the way to go with a dark blue skill? Also since about 13.4 nano timers and attack timers conflict with each other so see later why NTs using shotguns has become "difficult". However, since Docs don't cast much other then heals in PvP this has a minor effect on them.

Trader-> Medium Heals, Debuffs, Root, High damage with Shotgun.
    1. Heals? Every Trader heal has a damage component so I don't understand this one unless you are saying, "can heal others" in which case I say this doesn't help traders make kills. 2. Debuffs are great for p**sing people off but only really helps with NTs and Docs since any soldier worth a spit has lower TMS hot keyed as well. 3. Roots are nice but have never seemed to work well as agents and traders still have trouble keeping range. 4. Anyone can have high damage with shotgun up to a point, Traders can get to a QL 200 gun faster but then at level 140ish everyone else starts catching up. *shrug*

Martial Artist-> Medium Heals, Nice special attacks, Medium to low damage (need to be fixed, sucks to be rooted but every profession cant have root breaker), Uber against melee with BwT .
    No comment here. Only MA I ever PvPed dropped like a wet sack of potatoes back when Alpha Strikes still worked.

Well.. True enough. However, non atrox enforcers have been left out in the wind for the most part. Where is the non-atrox beam equal?

Engineer-> Nice pets, High Damage with shotgun or a alpha weapon (get some damn armor dudes, most engies i see run around in a miir swimsuit and ****).
    1. Yes. Nice pets that just got nerfed but for PvP nice. 2. shotgun? Is this the answer to everything? Engineers do better to hide then fight. 3. Armor? All the armor in the world don't matter then you see the color of the engineer body dev skill. 1200 HP at level 65 is still 1200 HP.

MP-> Nice pets, can also get weapon later on to do some extra damage, Nano Shutdown/nano debuffs.
    1. Yes MPs have a lot of good points even for PvP. However, just like engineers they are owned by roots since their pets don't help much when rooted. Tell an MP how to "adapt" to that.

NT-> Nice nukes but could need some fixes, root, good damage absorb, will also have loads of spare IP if played right to get a good weapon with good damage.
    1. NTs still don't have enough nano to finish a fight and unlike most profs have no ability to fight when the nano is gone.

Agent-> Very good advantages from being able to switch to any prof (underestimated), Good damage with all their rifle's but even better with Ithaca, root.
    1. I'll agree that FP adds a nice "mix" to the Agent Prof but the useful FPs are still only Adventurer (mission sneaking) Trader for buffs, MA (crit buff), MP (heal pet and attack pet as a distraction), Enforcer/Doc (HP buff). All the others can't be used due to Nano init -2000 and interrupt problems.
    2. Aim shot can only be used if the agent starts the fight. Hence, why most agents hide in the woods/tents to get the aim shot off.
    3. Agents like Traders and enforcers can MAX to a QL 200 weapon faster then others. The lack of specials still makes it hard however...hence the desire for a crit buff (agents happen to have one at high levels).
    4. Overall, agents aren't too bad for PvP but FP usually takes away the root option so that becomes a mute point at times.

Adventurer-> Very good heals, Good damage with shotgun/alpha weapons, nice speed, nice damage buffs.
    1. Shotgun/alpha weapons? WTH would they use the weapon of the month when they are "suppose" to be using duel pistols, 2he or 1he? If you say "because any PvPer knows to use shotgun" I’m just going to get sick again since shotgun seems to be the "ungimping" answer to all of this for too many.

Crat->ae root, nice pets, some nice anti crit buffs, good damage with shotgun/alpha weapons. (could use some help/fixes)
    AGAIN WITH THE DAM SHOTGUN! This reminds me of an NBC special about doctors that prescibe the same money making drug to everyone who walks in the door. Shotgun isn't the answer. Fixing pistols, 1 he, 2he, etc IS.

And no i am not a fan boy im just pissed about all the god damn whining that ruins this game.

Your "anti-whine" lacks the call for relative balance. Also you fail to point out that 50% of the advantage in PvP is SURPRISE. If my engineer can HIDE from the fight long enough for the bot to do the work, guess what? I win! Else, he gets rooted and they hunt me down. hmm...tough one. I'm trying to not make this a flame but I am tired of seeing shotgun passed around like the cure to cancer. Instead we should be calling for a fix to the other weapons.

Root is undependable at least 50% of the time. At high levels the root seems to never wear off even after taking 2000 pts damage. At low levels it seems to break after I hit the target with anything! How were roots suppose to work?

Whines are those that didn't use tactics and are sore about it. Complaints are those situations that have no recourse other then "try to get away from the fight". Rooting for pet classes is an issue. Alpha Strike and burst nerfs are an issue to Fixers and Soldiers (PvM and PvP). The general answer that "shotgun" is the answer to a lot of your points is also an issue. How crappy will PvP look if everyone is using Vecktors?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Run speed don't win fights 2. "gridding away" in 6 seconds don't win fights 3. Under level 120 Fixers mostly use Par. Mausers with only a nerfed burst. I only fear fixers when they are 100 levels over me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run speed + root wins fights. Grid out in less than 6 sec prevents deaths in fights. and i guess u dont play on rk2 cuz there we have 2 apprentice fixers 1 being lvl 74 other being lvl 180.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. TMS-MK shields are good and class defining. 2. "One-More Hit Healing" is a joke please don't mention it again unless you need an explanation why trying to cast a nano while “nano shutdown” is running is pointless and even if it's not casting a DoT on yourself is kind of stupid as well. 3. "Alpha Strike" weapons were nerfed (at least Flashpoints) in 13.5. If you try to Fling-Burst-FA you will get a sub 200pt FA every time...hmm wonder how that happened?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more hit healing breaks root. Alpha strike weapons hurt bad even if it has long recharge on weapon switch.

1. Heals rock yes. 2. Inits only make a difference in HUGE numbers (like by the hundreds). 3. Doctors are not the only ones using shotguns and what would tell a doc at level 1 that shotgun was the way to go with a dark blue skill? Also since about 13.4 nano timers and attack timers conflict with each other so see later why NTs using shotguns has become "difficult". However, since Docs don't cast much other then heals in PvP this has a minor effect on them.

doc with Ithaca owns anyone if he know what he is doing.

1. Heals? Every Trader heal has a damage component so I don't understand this one unless you are saying, "can heal others" in which case I say this doesn't help traders make kills. 2. Debuffs are great for p**sing people off but only really helps with NTs and Docs since any soldier worth a spit has lower TMS hot keyed as well. 3. Roots are nice but have never seemed to work well as agents and traders still have trouble keeping range. 4. Anyone can have high damage with shotgun up to a point, Traders can get to a QL 200 gun faster but then at level 140ish everyone else starts catching up. *shrug*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here again heal breaks root. ae root is uber since there is no resist check on it. Debuff is good for any class since it lowers their attack rating.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well.. True enough. However, non atrox enforcers have been left out in the wind for the most part. Where is the non-atrox beam equal?

No atrox enf can use The Blade of Tarasque. and who the hell want to be a non atrox enf?

1. Yes. Nice pets that just got nerfed but for PvP nice. 2. shotgun? Is this the answer to everything? Engineers do better to hide then fight. 3. Armor? All the armor in the world don't matter then you see the color of the engineer body dev skill. 1200 HP at level 65 is still 1200 HP.

LOOK AT THE CLASS!!!! WTF IS IT DOING PVPING? hey im a engineer i want to kill a soldier with my wrench. i pointed out the benefits and u can do good with engie if u know wtf u are doing.

1. Yes MPs have a lot of good points even for PvP. However, just like engineers they are owned by roots since their pets don't help much when rooted. Tell an MP how to "adapt" to that.

OMG listen to urself...want MP to have root break also???? U are stupid MP's are gods.

1. NTs still don't have enough nano to finish a fight and unlike most profs have no ability to fight when the nano is gone.

Get a got damn gun.

1. Shotgun/alpha weapons? WTH would they use the weapon of the month when they are "suppose" to be using duel pistols, 2he or 1he? If you say "because any PvPer knows to use shotgun" I’m just going to get sick again since shotgun seems to be the "ungimping" answer to all of this for too many.

since shotgun is a good weapon why not use it god damnit.

Your "anti-whine" lacks the call for relative balance. Also you fail to point out that 50% of the advantage in PvP is SURPRISE. If my engineer can HIDE from the fight long enough for the bot to do the work, guess what? I win! Else, he gets rooted and they hunt me down. hmm...tough one. I'm trying to not make this a flame but I am tired of seeing shotgun passed around like the cure to cancer. Instead we should be calling for a fix to the other weapons.

Root is undependable at least 50% of the time. At high levels the root seems to never wear off even after taking 2000 pts damage. At low levels it seems to break after I hit the target with anything! How were roots suppose to work?

Whines are those that didn't use tactics and are sore about it. Complaints are those situations that have no recourse other then "try to get away from the fight". Rooting for pet classes is an issue. Alpha Strike and burst nerfs are an issue to Fixers and Soldiers (PvM and PvP). The general answer that "shotgun" is the answer to a lot of your points is also an issue. How crappy will PvP look if everyone is using Vecktors?

ALL THIS CALL FOR BALANCE!!!! ever stop to think that every class shouldnt be equal? whats the point then? everyone have their advantages and disadvantages. u dont know wtf u are talking about so please be quiet.

Unhappy

ALL THIS CALL FOR BALANCE!!!! ever stop to think that every class shouldnt be equal? whats the point then? everyone have their advantages and disadvantages. u dont know wtf u are talking about so please be quiet.
    Well I’ll give you high marks for being open minded. I'll continue with the following comments:

1. When I said "Alpha Strike Nerf", I mean, at least Flashpoints, do the following; Fling 189 Burst 489 FA - 72. This nerf was put in 13.5 and "prevents" the alpha strike that we previously knew (189 - 489 - 1800). Changing weapons is another problem which many think is linked to the long recharge time on TMS. Why a nano recharge time is required when we have nano-shutdown running is beyond me.

2. Just because shotgun is a good skill to twink and use doesn't mean that everyone should be making shotgun-crat, shotgun-engineer, shotgun-MP, etc...etc...etc.. It means that Pistol, 2 HE, 1 HE etc are borked.

3. I play on RK 2 and I've already met the level 180ish Fixer griefer camping the grid exit in 2HO. He is one of the examples of how to take 2000 pts damage before the root breaks.

4. Non-D00Ds want to be non-atrox enforcers.

5. Engineers are just suppose to stay in the 75% zones? Great suggestion there. Why not give them a "shield bot" or something?

6. MPs are not gods to classes that can root.

7. NTs use pillows for additional skill buffs. They are a nano class. There should be no reason for them to bump IP into a weapon skill. Maybe that is just my opinion.

8. "since shotgun is a good weapon why not use it god damnit. " I agree it is a good gun. I don't agree it is the answer to keeping PvP fun and varied.

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    True, but it's soooo much easier to come here and complain.

Uh, so if any given class were optimize they'd be "effective" in PvP? So my optimized MA is going to do well against an optimized MP?

And it feels good to whine.

Originally posted by Ming
    Uh, so if any given class were optimize they'd be "effective" in PvP? So my optimized MA is going to do well against an optimized MP?

And it feels good to whine.
    Well said
    NT phone HOME!!

//Kiaiii talking

Ok i play a lvl 123 enforcer on rk2. I get rooted i use rage and voila root breakes. Somethimes it doesnt since it is only a chance of breaking root. Some people that complain about rage not breaking root probably are stupid people using absorb shield in pvp. Since the shield soak up the damage from rage it wont brake root. I have never ever not been able to break root with rage during my 123 levels.

And Ming i played a MA to lvl 136 and he was rookie. I killed a couple of MP's during my pvp time with him. Last MP died in 3 hits (Brawl / Hit / Dimach / dead). And if u are a optimized MA u dont use fists at all. Hopefully that will be fixed in next patch though.
    But think about the layout of a MA.
    Green evades, Green Runspeed, Crit buff, Damage buff, Heals. Mix that into a ranged weapon and u got urself a killer machine.
    And for the people that will now say that damage buffs dont help ranged weapons, i am talking about the Nano Shutdown damage buff nano line that adds damage to projectile damage, and since they now changed the length of nano shutdown it is worth using. Just get some damn nano pool.

Cloudeh said.
    --------------------------------
    Ql 200 hammer.
    I cannot get any better.
    Stam and 2hb maxed.
    Implants.
    Max hit around 3k or so
    -------------------------------

Hammer is to slow for pvp...maybe higher level with a good flurry it might be worth it but Beam is far superior mid lvl 100.

Guess my work here is done.

PS
    // MP's are rather easy to kill. Never had problem with them. Alot of people dont know how to fight them so thats why they complain.

// lvl 123 Atrox Enforcer VS lvl 142 Nanomage MP with highest heal pet and highest demon. MP dies because i do more damage then the heal pet heals. Demon stops attacking and i walk away.