Thread: Rome

Unhappy Rome

Are there any maps of Rome anywhere? AOBasher has GREAT maps of Omni-1 and several playfields, but no map of Rome or Galway Shire. Also, are no new characters started in Rome anymore? In the early days I had some chars that started in Rome. I have been away since last summer shortly after release, and am a little out of touch. Thanks.
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

All new Omni characters start in Ents backyard one these days... not sure how long its been like that, I made a new character not so long ago and it was like release day in there

I suppose its better than having a whole backyard to yourself...

All characters now begin in backyard one of a specific city of their faction.

omni=Backyard 1 of Omni-1 Entertainment

clan=Backyard 1 of Tir

neutral=Backyard 1 of Newland City

Funcom hasn't given a reason for this but I speculate that it started when they began their Greeter program. (an ARK who comes to the backyard so newbies can ask them questions).

Since their ARK program has limited staffing, they probably decided to have everyone spawn in the same backyard so they would only need so many greeters.

It's a theory anyway.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

The back yards will only hold so many players before the start point moves to the next back yard.

To get people to a Rome Green back yard, you'd have to fill up all 20 back yards in Ent, all 20 back yards in Trade, all 20 back yards in Rome Blue.

So sence there hasn't been as heavy a influx of Low level chars as there was the first few months, most rerolls and newbies are in Omni Ent Back yard 1.

Like wise Tir is the main start point for Clan, and Newland for Neutrals. No one starts in Athen, or Borealis any more.
    ------------------------------------------------
    General Blyzzard
    Division 9
    Strat Ops
    -----------------------------------------------

This makes me very sad. I believe that this may be hte cause that all of the Galway Hunting spots are completely abandonned. Great places like the Cage and Manteze's have been completely barren compared to the old days. Even the bridge by the minibulls in the Morse Exit is pretty empty when thinking about how it used to be. And the Galway grid exit is completely empty. A far contrast from when that place used to rival the NW cave in lush.