Thread: A Call to all Clan and Group Leaders

A Call to all Clan and Group Leaders

I'm tossing this out at the moment to see how much intrested would be in a meeting of THE HEADS of the various large clan and neutral groups on Rub-ka 1 for disscusions prehaps even planning action on the various problems facing us today from the Dust Brigade to what if the Tir accord is broken(The one thats says Omni shall not invade Tir as long as we don't mess with omni-one.

So how many people would be intrested in this?

Question

Why limit this meeting to only clan and neutral? I am clan and I think the DB are a threat to the whole planet which includes OT personnel too.

DB is a planet wide threat. THey are obviously a power to be dealt with, as one of them can eradicate numerous people. If we are to find victory over the DB we, yes WE as citizens of RK need to put our political issues on hold and join forces and take out this terrorist faction.

If you think that we (clans) can do this ourselves....

Then RK will be a very deary place to live. We need all factions, clans, departments, no matter affiliation, to come together and liberate Rubi-Ka of this new terror.

I was in Tir when they attacked us. My friend was in Home, Broken Shores when they attacked there. They attacked in OT territory also. Another friend was in 20K when they attacked the OP.

What does this prove? That the DB does NOT care what side of this conflict you pledge your allegiance too. We can try to attack the DB within our clan territories only and OT can do the same. But what if either side loses there ground? DB takes control over a large portion of the planet.

Solution:

All faction/guild leaders need to hold a summit. They need to join forces, aid eachother to eradicate this scourge. If we cannot do this... then may Rubi-Ka forgive us of the atrocities that are about to unfold.

================
    - Cyblade7
    - Agent RK-1

He seems to have something against Omni-Tek Employee´s.
    And as of what i have seen then the DB have technoligy that are on the same level as Omni-Tek it self, prehaps even better.

If this meeting happened and you all agreed to attack the DB, do you really think that you would last long without the firepower of Omni-Tek mechanic army? prehapes you could deal some blows to them, but at what cost?

The Last few days then there have been fighting between OT, Neutrals and Clan vs the DB, and each time they seem to deliver alot of casulties to to all sides, tho, without any perma deaths.

As of what i can see, then no side can handle a fullscale war on the DB alone, they are to powerfull and we dont even know where they are.

4 of them managed to kill off an entire meeting of OT leaders, only a few escaped, think of what would happen if they decided to lunch a full scale attack on Tir or Athens? would they care about the losses? no, they are fanatics, even more then Redruum and Snarf.

You may see Omni-Tek as your enemy, but i see the DB as the nemesis of Rubi-Ka. They have the power to destroy us all it seems.

duing the last war, the 1400 soldiers who was perma killed, lead to the destruction of the DB, and lead to the Tir accord. Now, how can a few fanatics kill that many veteran soldiers,a dn hack into high security inside OT and delete the cell scans? they cant, as all others, they need supplies, and alot of them. their technoligy must come from somewhere, i would not be surprised if it was Sol Banking Corporation, who was behind this, atleast party, they seem to want the grip of RK, and they do not, like OT, have a Tir Accord, so the clans would be wiped out fast.

If the Dust Brigade have supprot frol Sol Banking Corporation, then it makes them the primary target for ALL inhabitants of RK, not only the profit of Notum selling, but to the... spiret of freedom, that you clanners seem to have alot of.

So lets skip this petty fighting and concentrate on the real enemy.
    the Dust Brigade, they must be destroyed, if we ever want peace. It is simple, cause they dont care who the target is.

Arila.
    TNC

/ooc: phew took time ti write that

Arila,

Thank you. The two of us are obviously on different sides of this conflict yet we agree on the same thing. Without some kind of unity between clans, omni and neutral, the DB cannot be defeated.

I was also thinking about your point on Sol Banking. I had brought this up a few nights ago at our clan meeting. No one really knows for sure...

I think that there is a definite outside source that is supplying the DB with equipment. It is evident that their technology rivals that of OT. So what can we deduce? If Rubi-Ka is the only good source of notum and the galaxy seems to be eager to buy it, then it has to be an outside corporation that is instigating these attacks.

I think that a summit needs to be held with all leaders. We need to answer many questions. Who is leading the Dust Brigade? What outside support and supplies are they receiving? Where is the DB's base of operations? How are they receiving these shipments of supplies? Are there many different hideouts?

These ideas need to come to fruition. The longer we are stagnate and do not move forward the more time we are giving the Dust Brigade time to build their forces.

So with that said we need to cover some things:

1) Where are we going to hold this summit? We need to find a place that is neutral ground for all sides to attend and not a politcal zone (to prevent greifers).

2) Who will chair this summit? Someone with a balanced view.

3) Security. We will need heavy security in place at this summit to be prepared of an attack from the DB.

4) Topics for discussion. We will need to formalize an outline of the topics to be discussed and send it out to the guild leaders. (this is to keep things moving in a clear direction and keep it to a sensible time constraint).

(OOC:
    This is just to get things rolling. I will put together more specifics and post it.

WE NEED ANY AND ALL IDEAS ON THIS!) OOC off.

I have already some sugestions for this.

1) The location havce been found, it cant be more neutral then the location i found.

2) Since both sides would be angry with the other side leading the meeting, then this should be done by a neutral speaker, perfed by an ICC employee.

3) As of what i have seen, then we would need would need many guards, atleast 20.

4) Got a basic list that should be covered:

A) The Dust Brigade.
    ->Who are they?
    ->Who support them?
    ->Where do they get supplies?
    ->Where are their base of operation?

B) Prevention of futher attacks.
    ->How can this be achived?
    --->ideas and Suggestions.

/OOC you should contact me when i am ingame, i am properly online on the chat.

Portman leads the Dust Brigade.
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Portman?!?!?!
    Thats possiable, but very unlicky, since the Dust Brigade is older then she is, and her and her gang also lack the proper tech and equipment.

She may support them, but is not their leader.

They are too radical even for her.

So i dont think she have anything to do with them

I am that is, nothing more nothing less

I have nothing aginst OT(besides the whole annoying coffie-cup incident but thats another story)

The reason I spoke of only Clans and neturas is I wished it to be a test case, A see what happens when we get people with diffrent viewpoints but not viloently so. Prehaps if it was succesful inculded OT memebers as we know from past meeting thouse such events can turn violent quickly(Hot heads on both sides wanting to take revenge for some past misdeed or mearly dumb fools spolling for a fight with what they think is the enemey

Second to arilia what was that location you named? I've read it before but since have forggeten it and can not find it

[hr]
    As for guards I have a simple solution, We can simply availe ourselvles to the good people at the various Fixer Guilds and Groups, A team Hasty digtialzation takes only ten seocnds correct? With a few nano intive implants and a booster in the slot we could cut that ten seconds down to 3. So if the Dust Brigade does show up a simple bug out call means the dusters are left with nothing but air as we can move the whole group into the grid(also prehaps enginers with Team beacon but that might take to long)

And Arila I'll send you a message as soon as I get ingame

Question Explain Snarf...

Snarf,

On Portman...

Could you back up your point? What proof do you have of this?

Just want to know the facts.

Btw, what do you think of this idea of a summit Snarf? You are a guild leader, what would you like discussed? Do you see this as a good idea or just another feeble attempt? Any feedback would be good.

/me hopes Snarf is not pullin my leg.

/me buys Snarf a beer at Happy Rebel.

- Cyblade

I will not disclose the location out in the open, of fear for the Dust Brigade, or others (OOC: whiners, jerks, RP spoilers ect) to prevent their involvment so that it might end bloody.

And your right about that it might end messy with old enemies facing each other, and that could end in battle, which we must prevent.

The Nordic Consparicy, TNC, do not have any major problems with any clans, could be a few that might think of us as hostile, but we generaly dont want to pick a fight if we can talk about the matters.

And if you only have Clan and neutrals there then you only get 2 views on this matter that involve us all.

If you contact me, then i can tell you the location.
    /ooc: think u already did but i was watching Star Trek :P

Any other ideas?

More sujestions more ideas anyone?

Need Something more Potent

Mr. Bean,

A non aggression pact is not needed, there is already one in place, as you point out there is "The Tir Accord". This clearly spells out who has authority where and what the limits are to who can do what. In his most recent statement dated today, Chairman Ross urged Omni-Tek to fully obey the Tir Accord, ensuring that Tir will not be attacked by Omni. Most of us will obey that, a few radicals will not [and at this point I do not even need to name names]. It is unfortunate that Omni and the CoT are both unwilling to punish violators of the accord, but we can work around that.

So the real question or proposal should be, what can we do beyond what the Tir Accord specifies. Neither of our respective authorities [Omni-Tek, Council of Truth] have forebade ties between each other or independant faction agreements.

One such agreement previously forged was the "Athens Accords". Damn shame it fell apart, but still that was more of a "peaceful negotiation" deal, not so much what is needed to meet a threat to planetwide security.

Effectively what we need is a full blown "Mutual Defense Pact", this is the step that the Athens Accord technically did not take, though many of the sponsoring guilds on both sides did as gestures of good faith.

Some of the things needed to make this work? The most
    important part is the sharing of important intelligence information.

1) Report Duster Troop activity to all participating faction officers
    2) Routine air patrols of all zones
    3) Occasional spot inspections of bases and camps suspected
    of harboring duster activity.
    4) Border patrols to monitor the "Outzone" regions
    5) Formation of a "Rapid Response Unit" of joint clan/omni/neutral
    troops to neutralize active duster threats when reported
    on neutral ground. [Since city fighting would be very
    difficult due to overly aggressive and noisy guards].
    6) Political Arm to influence the administration of Omni and
    CoT to allow us to directly patrol the OutZone, whether they
    think there is anything there or not. Omni admits it cannot
    visually see whats going on out there and can only say
    their few facilities out there are secure. This is where the
    Brigade hid before, why not now? Not to mention that
    Sol Bank was caught red handed minining Notum out there!
    *They* must have had their own facilities, and who knows
    who else?? Also in the spirit of mutual defense we need to
    reduce the aggression of the guards so they do not attack
    on sight. Once that is accomplished then it would be
    expected that participating guilds will come to whatever
    city is in trouble no matter what the alignment.

When 1 city is attacked, all cities and zones should go on to a hightened alert state since many times they stike several targets at once. So it is critical to make sure all participating guilds are aware of an in progress attack to prepare the defense of their own locations.

An effort needs to be made to track Duster Dropships. In the last few attacks, Dropships were seen and identified. They need to be followed if at all possible, this may reveal their power centers and give us a hint to whether or not they are in the Outzone, in a sub-orbital position or both.

Periodic meetings need to be held by the participants to share information, strategy and data needed to supplement or enhance our defensive postures and eventually form a proactive offensive front against the Brigade and any other force threatening us.

It should also be acknowledged that there exist subversives in both sides and there will likely be clashes between those groups. While it is certainly possible that these radical groups may have direct or indirect ties to the Dust Brigade, in the interest of progress these individuals whom represent a small minority must be disregarded in the interest of the greater good. Let them fight amoungst themselves, this should not sway us from the mission of protecting the planet, we cant change human nature overnight.

Feel free to send me a secured transmission to discuss the possibilities further;

/tell avatarien

Regards,

Level 60 'Crat
    Omni-Tek, Inc.
    Total Eclipse
    Last edited by Avatarius; Feb 15th, 2002 at 00:20:51.