Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Stigma rifles doing poison damage

mike

your a total and complete dumarse

Nah, 'disease and poison' AC is there to protect against poison attack. Wether or not it works as it should is another thing.

Chemical AC protects agaist chemical attacks. The description does say it protects against poison attacks, but that was before removal of nano AC. They just never got around to change it, just like a lot of other things.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

No, you guys need to just take my word as gospel cause I'm always right

How am I a dumbarse? I'm pointing out the correct answer to a clearly confusing situation.

As far as "Disease" damage goes, afaik nothing ingame uses it.
    I WOULD LIKE TO SEE the stigma do *DISEASE* damage as opposed to *POISON* damage.

Two seperate things.

Chemical AC protects from both - I personally dont think it SHOULD. and things like that doc buff add to nano resist as opposed to disease AC.

I'd like another good weapon to maul flower tech users (Hell I'm even one MYSELF) for the simple reasons agents could use a little more punch, and weapon diversification is *ALWAYS* good.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jan 31st, 2002 at 10:08:22.

Well I sure would like to see this one in the 'Official Answers' section.

Where do you get information about Disease AC being a form of Nano Resist which was then removed as they made it a skill? And if so why is Disease AC still in the game?

If Nano AC no longer functions why are bracer items that use this skill still in game?

They have removed several other items/skills from the game so why leave these in?

Cosmik or Cz can you clarify this situation as the multitude of self professed experts seem to disagree?

Mikebond, YOU are wrong.
    Disease is poison damage. How do I know this?
    Well, as a MP I get Summon Weapons, which does Desease damage type. When I whack something it does Poison damage. Go ask anyone if you don't believe it.

Re: Question about Stigma rifles doing poison damage

Originally posted by starknaked
    Ok, the patch notes for 13.6 say that Stigma rifles will now be doing poison damage, in accordance with their description.

What is poison damage, exactly? Does it work against disease armor class? Chemical? Radiation?
    It works against Disease AC. (Uh oh. Me saying that will probably kill that discussion of disease versus chemical now. )
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Talking

Woot!!

Thank you Cosmik!!!!!

Note: I was getting ready to spread cookies on the ground but you were too quick to respond. Guess I'll just eat them all myself

lol

Originally posted by MiKEBoND

I never go and say something like this IS something if I don't know it for a fact.

I'm eagerly awaiting MiKEBoNDs reply,
    calling Cosmik a newb who doesnt know what he's talking about . .

How am I a dumbarse? I'm pointing out the correct answer to a clearly confusing situation.

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE the stigma do *DISEASE* damage as opposed to *POISON* damage.

Two seperate things.

The gospel, huh???? You should never say always, because you just got proved wrong.

"How am I a dumbarse? I'm pointing out the correct answer to a clearly confusing situation." <---- uh oh... think your question got answered.

*DISEASE* damage is apparently NOT DIFFERENT from *POISON*

It's always nice to see someone go out on a limb and be an a$$ to a bunch of people, and overly confident in himself, and very demanding about how right he is, ONLY to be shown he hasn't a clue.

Well All I can say Is I missed out on this discussion, sigh. I was saying it was poision dmg all the time. I had been trying to sell stigmas a while back and saying they will be very popular come next patch as they will then be doing Poision/disease dmg.

I got smart ass remarks saying no it's not, it's going to be chemical etc... I never did sell a Stigma though, and everyone thinks it will still be chemical, not to mention they think a ql 200 riffle should seel for 1 million on rk2. For the person above asking why there is such a limitted amount of riffles and weapons on that server, the answer is no one pays **** for them and hense there is no reason to select misions for them unless they are for your self or your friends.

I still would like someone from the test server to just respond as saying if the stigma change is really an improvement or not noticeable at all .

owned. gg
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Keilxxx, apparently all prices are lower on RK2. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it means that stuff you want to buy will also be much cheaper.

RK1 has undergone massive inflation at high levels due to the presence of enormous amounts of credits among the high level players and nothing to spend it on. Wishing the same thing on RK2 might not be the best thing.

rk2 economy

Rk 2's (my home, I love it) economy is also a lot cheaper because some of the worse cred duplication exploits were fixed before rk2 was opened. Very few thing sell for above 1M. 6x belts and some ql180 stuff will, but not that much.

Which is good.

Oh btw, not sure if you have high ql stigs, but I'd gladly put down 1M for one ql 170+. Been looking for them in missions but not around.

Two seperate things.

Chemical AC protects from both - I personally dont think it SHOULD. and things like that doc buff add to nano resist as opposed to disease AC.

I'd like another good weapon to maul flower tech users (Hell I'm even one MYSELF) for the simple reasons agents could use a little more punch, and weapon diversification is *ALWAYS* good.
    Where is big mouth now?

poison=disease

check the reported damages, because i think that they are right...poison IS disease....they use the words to be a base for in game mechanics, but it's kinda like this:

poison is a bio weapon...
    acid is a chemical.

when someone said (forget who) that poison gass is chemical warfare, think again....is is classified as BIOLOGICAL warfare.

the descriptions are screwed, but basicly if it affects the biological organism through immunities etc, it is disease (ie toxins, nerve gasses, poisons, HIV infected needles etc)

and if it affects the basic structure of matter (ie acids, bases, molecular cohesion inhibitors) then it is chemical.

the ac's ahould have been names chemical and biological....but they weren't. the effect is the same though.

worst comes to worst, an ao rep will eventually tell us..heh...but i have NEVER seen "you take 134 points disease damage"...it always says poison. and if chemical, says chemical. always.

I should mention that Poison damage goes against Chem AC.

Which Flowers has a lot of. The way looks is that "Disease" AC was an early form of nano resist. Then FC saw it fit to make Nano resist a skill, and left Disease AC in the game.

And the nano "Nano Repulsor" which adds +92 to Disease AC.

Maybe?

Hum, no. This is how it works.

Disease AC = Poison Damage. I don't think Funcom ever intended for there to be a weapon that does poison damage. So they labeled DoTs to be poison damage just so you know what is going on, yet it goes against Disease AC.

Confusing? It doesn't need to be. Go buy a Stigma Rifle and it clearly says as it's damage type "Disease AC."

Nanos Work differently. "Nano damage" doesn't REALLY exist and a damage type. If that were the case, everybody would have 0 Nano AC. The way it works is your "Nano AC" is really your nano resist. The way nano resist works is if you resist a Nano, NO damage is applied to you. If you don't resist the Nano, your AC reduce the damage accordingly. Of course this is up for debate as well. When I have used nukes that do Melee damage, I *have* hit for max of my nuke damage against lvl 120 mobs. How that happens? I don't know. These mobs SHOULD make my nukes always do min damage.

There is something screwy going on. Either there is some ghost modifier that allows nukes to go past max damage and then are reduced to the real max if they happen to land that, or damage reduction is based sometimes on Nano Resist as well.

Who knows.

My point is MiKe, you have the brain power of paint.

Originally posted by Fleh
    ql 200 Flowers Tech Body

Melee :1000 ac
    Projectile : 1000 ac
    Energy: 1000 ac
    Chem: 875 ac
    Rad: 875 ac
    Fire: 750 ac
    Cold: 750 ac
    Disease: 250 ac!

Shoot the pink ppl first
    LOL!!!
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12