Thread: Dual wield not working correctly. (timing?)

Angry Dual wield not working correctly. (timing?)

I sent a petition about this and the ARK referred me here... Here is the problem... I can inititate a fight no problem.. the problem occurs after about 30 seconds of fighting and almost everytime. Towards the end a long fight I become unable to hit the target, I have noticed that the more things I have affecting my melee init the more likely it is to happen, I have a level 114 enf, during battle I use rage nanos to boost init, also I use an FoB but have stopped due to this bug. Also the MP init debuffs cause this a lot. I can swing the weapon like normal but I cannot hit the target, only special attacks like brawl hit. The mob is not parrying my attack, the weapons just plain dont hit. Both weapons continue to swing but do not hit the target, if I move out of the range on my weapons and then back in, it helps sometimes but not always. It seems like there is a timing problem that takes a while to mess up and moving out of range resets the timer. Maybe this is not just a dual wield problem but I have asked around and only people with dual wield melee weapons have this problem. I realize I am the only person who has reported this problem so I doubt I will see a fix for it. If anyone else has experienced this problem please leave a post. 1 last thing, the ARK told me to include weapons and ql. Good hand: ql 200 Rider Executioner. Off hand: ql 162 Rider Executioner.
    Last edited by -=Mena=-; Jan 30th, 2002 at 00:35:13.

Exclamation yep i get this constantly

Yep add me to yer list of missing hit victims... right around 1/4 life on the mob i just miss and miss and miss with the exception of the specials... i too use the exe. I PRAY that they fix this as its damn frustrating trying to hit a mob that has 6 HP left and basically cant till i get my brawl back

not just a melee thing

I get the same problem with my assault rifle. I will start missing for some reason and then just keep missing except for special attacks. It will fix itself after a while some times, or if I switch position far enough. I initially suspected problems with the RNG but it seems too consistant for that.

I have noticed that the problem occurs mostly with green monsters, and always when they have already been significantly damaged.

In addition there is a thread over on the NT board where they talk about greens resisting their nanos in much the same fashion.

I would guess that these greens are 'setting their sliders' to full defensive and that there is some sort of bug in the way that is working.

Angry Nanos are the same

Us NTs on the NT profession board are experiencing the same thing with nukes.. Except they dont miss, they are countered.. Like up to 9 counters in a row sometimes, always when the mob gets to around 25% health and always on mobs that con Grey, Green or low yellow..

Have you guys with your weaps noticed this problem only happening on those mobs that con that way? Or is it all mobs to you? Just curious as Im seeing a pattern here now, not just with nanos, it appears to be all types of weaps and nukes...

Are you hearing this yet Funcom? There are posts all over your boards about this HUGE problem.. If it helps you any, I personally started noticing this problem after the 12.6 patch.. Another patch after that one sometime, removed this problem, but then another patch after that brought it back.. Please get rid of it, its actually driving me to quit this game when all your other problems have not.. Its by far about the most annoying thing in the game.. When I see a green mob in my mission I usually just Calm them and move on to the yellow and oranges so I can relax..

Sorzella 108 Nano NT

Another victim. 2 x QL65 Protector Executioners. Seems to happen more often when I'm using the wolf morph. Same happened with QL59, don't remember seeing it before that.

And a Hammer, I almost died froma Super Low Green mob,
    cuz I missed about 12 times in frickin row!
    This was last night and I got some pics, hehe I have pics of everything lmao!

Anyway yes its anoying.
    FIX.

Exclamation agreed

I have noticed that as well, it happens with green mobs. Its sad when I can solo a red with not to much problem and a green about kills me. I also have been playing around with my agg/def bar a little, sometimes when I am having the problem in the fight if I set it to def for one whole attack and then switch it back to the agg it will fix itself (sometimes) most often not though. Another thing that is driving me nutz are the team heals that reset attacks, this causes it a lot, seems like soon as a nano program is executed I am screwed, throws the timing is off or something. One last thing... with mult melee... sometimes both attacks load at the same time and I can swing normal with blows comming pretty quick, other times attacks wait for the other to get done before charging. I am not sure which way is the way the game is supposed to work but there is almost no point in dual wield if they wait for the other weapon to attack before charging.

P.S. Wondering maybe Cosmik could grace us with an explanation? (or anyone else that knows why this happens)

-Vertigo1
    Last edited by -=Mena=-; Feb 6th, 2002 at 02:15:47.

Me too.. Same thing... It even happens one on one

Hi,

I have noticed this before and thought it was me. I have seen this problem at 20 level and still today at 50 level. (Soldier)

About half way through a fight, only special attacks seem to damage. No matter what weapon I am using, this occurs. I thought I was imagining it or just getting back 'rolls' of the dice but after seeing this thread I know that is not so.

This is VERY irritating and makes soloing anything somewhat hard near impossible because your attacks do not hit.

Add me to the list.. I want this one fixed asap.

Malakie
    ----------------

ToddB
    ToddB_24@Hotmail.com