Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auctionbot / Omnibot : go to hell and burn

Am I correct in thinking that if you're looking for a particular item you can tell one of the bots and then you can turn off the shopping channels and the bot will tell you when it finds the item that you're looking for?

I hate having the shopping channel on because of the spam.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Originally posted by starknaked
    Hey, I wish these things worked for higher level players. They are only on the level 1-50 channels, once you get to be higher level they're useless to you.
    This is not true, the new actionbot only accept item above ql 50. Besides, there is now law saying you can't listen to 1-50 shopping channel at 100+ level. Anyway, I will still have to met the seller or buyer to do a trade even with these bots. Sometimes, this is quite inconvenient, coz the seller or buyer may not be online at the time. I still hope funcom would come up with something similiar with exception of having a machine for temporary taking care of auction items.
    Last edited by Leumas; Feb 4th, 2002 at 17:31:16.

What would be really nice would be if shopbots could take care of the whole transaction, transferring the items between the players, regardless of location.

The whole notion that trade is still organized like some arab bazaar 27 centuries in the future is just ridiculous to me. I mean, they can reconstitute your body and teleport it to a Reclaim Station, but you can't teleport items between locations or otherwise conduct trade remotely? C'mon.

So how do you use shopbot and omnibot anyway?

I turn on the 1-50 channel and there was no mention of shopbot. I sent a tell to shopbot and it said it was offline.

Shopbot is not a Funcom creation, but a player one. I have noticed shopbot going down a lot frequently, but don't have an explanation (as I am not the owner). I hope the issue can be resolved soon, though.

Omnibot/Shopbot are greta, I use the all the time, it is the new "auctionbot' that i find extremely annoying it spams 4 lines of shopping channel that could be condensed to 2 lines at the most. It goes somethign like this:

Auctionbot:
    Hi im auction bot
    Use me to auction your items
    /tell auctionbot blah blah

Now either make it all fit on one line or get rid of the damn thing altogethor, Omnibot was here first and it works the best i certainly dont want the channels flooded with everyone and their brothers bots...i say let omni and shopbots stay and prohibit others frfom adding more bots...

Sorry, but the shopbot improved the game SO much it is ridiculous. I haven't paid full price for a nano since shopbot was introduced and my stuff sells so much easier now. It is an incredible addition to the game.

As far as the only 1-50 question, it is for this reason that I advertise all my stuff on the 1-50 channel.

Scorus

I think shopbot, omnibot and neutbot are good things but it should probably be restricted to those three. (sorry guys but they were first, the early bird gets the worm and so forth)

I recently put in a bid on a pair of sunglasses on omnibot so of course my very next mission I get a pair of sunglasses. LOL
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Shopbot is the greatest!

I only wish that it had more "brains". Sometimes it gets waaaaay behind, and I miss good stuff.

...but at least I don't have to sit around watching the shopping channel anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12