Thread: Come to be Enlightened

Post Come to be Enlightened

We Bear the Burden of Guardianship!
    We Enlighten the Ignorant!
    We Toil for our own Enlightenment!

We, the Enlightened of Rubi-Ka, seek those out who wish to be enlightened and will bring enlightenment to our ranks. What type of enlightenment do I speak of? The enlightenment that the world about us, the blessed Rubi-Ka, is a living divine entity. But there is far more to us than just that...

While we share a singular unified belief we do diverge in how that belief is expressed. Within our devoted are those who believe that Rubi-Ka is the manifestation of Bantz the spirit of retribution, there is the belief that Rubi-Ka is the Great Mother - that all of Rubi-ka is living, and that Rubi-Ka is a living enigma of reflection of a divine being that is itself a reflection of Rubi-Ka. These are the beliefs that we began with!

Most recently a neophyte, Mistress Rapture, has brought her off-world belief that Rubi-ka, the moons, and the suns are part of a religious celestial cosmology known as the Sisters of Mercy where females are dominant and males are submissive.

But this only scratches the surface of who we are! We are a structured religion open with the potential of a neophyte who can rise and join the leadership as a Prophet... a prophet being one who has risen above individual beliefs to embrace all as having equal truth... that the truth is more than a singular belief but something above and beyond what we as mortals can only toil to grasp only a glimpse of before our bodies join the dust of the world we worship!

Furthermore, one does not have to belong to the Enlightened to be a worshipper... anyone may believe, regardless of their personal affiliations... we are cultivating a congregation of true believers who have no membership within the Enlightened. The Enlightened are just those who have devoted themselves, utterly and completly to the Divine in its many masks!

DarqOmen,
    Prophet and Vicar of Spiritual Well Being

ooc: We are a clan-based Roleplaying guild on RK1 with a different twist from that of the typical guild; we do not envision ourselves growing large nor do we wish to do so at this point... the current prophets all believe strongly in moderated growth; allowing entry only to those members that are a best fit to the Enlightened. We do not just accept anyone, nor do we randomly invite everyone! Every member goes through a period of learning about the guild and its diverse structure as a candidate member (known to us as Neophytes) where membership is not guaranteed. We look upon this period as a time for the candidate to determine if we are a good fit for them and vice versa.

We were founded in September and officially formed with the release of the guild patch (heh, I cannot recall the path number). We are planning and will have our own events that are more than just a hunt or party at one of the local watering holes. Furthermore, we have a formal guild structure that is open to those who just wish to roleplay, rise to leadership of the guild, or to roleplay the award/earning of titles such as Minister or Celestial Guardian.

Our intent is not to wait for Funcom to provide us with Roleplaying but to create our own!

For further details reference TERK at www.guildportal.com and from there visit our charter.
    Last edited by ThriceBorn; Dec 31st, 2001 at 21:50:33.

Additional Details

I pointed out one belief that was brought to us by Neophyte MistRapture. This was done to point out that our structure is such that one with ambition and conviction of belief is more than just a drone. You can make a difference!

For clarification, our three primary Sects are...

Sect of the Great Mother where the devoted view the world of Rubi-ka as one single, living, divine entity. That notum is the divine essence of the mother. Typical believers in the Great mother act as the mediators, explorers, and diplomats of the Enlightened. Many notum users are drawn to this sect.

Sect of the Enigma of Shadows where the devoted view the world as a physical manifestation on our plane of the divinity and our world casts back upon the divinity. That all truths and realities are wreathed in shadows and all shadows hide truths and realities. Typical believers in the Enigma of Shadows act as the eyes & ears as agents, spys, and information brokers of the Enlightened. Many of the science oriented are drawn to this sect.

Sect of Bantz where the devoted believe the world of Rubi-ka is the physical manifestation of an ancient spirit of vengence and retribution known as Bantz. Typical believers in Bantz act as the the sword of the Enlightened in both battle and guardianship. Many of those who glory in the use of their skills in battle are drawn to this sect.

DarqOmen

Post One belief, one unity

I am O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame.
    Leader of the shovah.
    Commander of the burning zeal.

As an O´shovah, I know that everything you think you know is wrong.
    All I know is right. Or so I thought untill I was corrupted myself. But alas I did the only right thing a celestial being could do, I slayed my shell and gave myself another bag of flesh. Since flesh is weak and the spirit is strong, I know that I prevailed over my corruption.
    I come from the alpha plane, the plane of masters. There I served under Life and death over the course of history. My history.
    Universe has been reborn many times because of corruption, but this time, we might be able to save this plane and all others.
    Therefore I have been sent here to act as the voice and gatekeeper over RubiKa, atleast at first.

We are solely alone in this world and plane, thus can we only trust ourselves. But what if all where one? This is what the shovah are, together we are one.
    As one we are many.

We strive for what we believe is good, and care for little else. Since our mission is saving the universe and all of its planes, we are seeking out allies to aid our cause. We hear great things about you, I hope that we will be able to speak and discuss future matters.

For this I pray.
    For this I wish.

We are who we are.
    We do what we do.
    This is who we are.

Sencerely
    Commander Oshovah
    Sword of wrath Wandererdark
    Shield of hope Thobias

You have disfigured the soul.

You skim the surface of the Divine and believe thereby to attain Grace.

You deride your fellows, do great harm to Godliness, and distort the meaning of His abundant gift maliciously.

Surely this is a mutilation beyond the power of man to restore.

To be truly one with the virtue of His Sight, uncorrupted in all ways, full of goodly honour, a man must permit his deeds and words to agree.

When your actions describe a system of Evil consequences, you should be judged by those consequences and not by your explanations.
    "Woe unto those who would tempt us from our path. Woe unto those who would defile the the Spirit in transgression against Him. For them I shall show no mercy. Such is the will of Bantz"

Post I am farsighted

All will be reborn as one entity, This I have seen, And this I know

From the shadows of the past, Shall we be reborn, This I have seen, And this I know

The sword of wrath shall strike down a blow, This I have seen, And this I know

The shield of hope shelter us it shall, This I have seen, And this I know

Misguided you have been, This I have seen, And this I know.

O´shovah Gilgamesh the everflame.

I saw a weed trying to grow between two rocks; I moved one of the rocks. Later, when the weed was seen to be flourishing, I smothered it with the remaining rock. That was its fate.

The future is not yours to know
    "Woe unto those who would tempt us from our path. Woe unto those who would defile the the Spirit in transgression against Him. For them I shall show no mercy. Such is the will of Bantz"

Post Belief, the Enemy, or just Misguided

Belief is a perception. Belief is not fact. You believe you are a god. You believe you are something grandiose. But that is all it is... a belief.

Do I know if you are truly something beyond mortal? I seriously doubt you are but I do not discredit such belief as the Enlightened hold that any belief of enlightenment holds some form of merit and perhaps you are just another form of enlightenment. I will admit belief does hold power but it does not make you something more than you are. All I know, is that I am enlightened to the fact that the world about is is Divine. Not your state of being.

And then perhaps you are the Enemy of the Divine; those within the Sect of Shadows believe in the possibility of an Enemy of the Divine. Perhaps you are the enemy incarnate upon the Divine's physical manifestation or some parasitic instrument sent by the Enemy. Seeded with delusions of grandeur, you sway the souls of Rubi-Ka away from true redemption.

Without a doubt, being Omni you are of those who have no tolerance for religious freedom. And you attempt to overthrow Omni itself and replace it with an image of your own choosing. Or perhaps as the tool of the Enemy you truly have no choice in your actions... nothing but a pawn to be moved about without any free will.

I will say this much, your flyers and words on the street of corportate terrorism sickens me to the base of my soul. It is a foulness that is unworthy of any divine being. Without a doubt, all of mankind is part of the Divine's will, including those of Omni. To sponsor terror that strikes fear to the soul of any of the Children of the Divine is nothing but sick and twisted. With such thoughts I can only believe that you are the enemy incarnate, a mad man, or just a simpleton.

Though on the other hand, perhaps you are nothing but a poor offworlder from a backwater world who is suffering from the later stages of the ancient earth disease syphalis. I hear that the later stages cause grandiose beliefs and dementia. Based on the inconsistencies of your postings upon the grid works, it is obvious you suffer from both. They say an ancient Earth Dictator and Madman called Napolean suffered and died from this backwater world disease. I recommend going to see a physician or perhaps just a therapist!

Now, I would appreciate that you take your rantings and ravings off of our recruitment post! If you wish to debate the Divine or slander about our beliefs with your dribbles of madness, then post elsewhere and perhaps we will deign to respond.

And finally, I do not think we have any interest in allying with yourself. We are not a polictical organization as the Divine is above the petty mortal realm of politics - we are here to serve the Divine in whatever cause that is... if it happens to involve striking at those who threaten the Divine, then that is justified but we as a guild do not take a political stance if it does not involve the Divine; individuals may do as they see fit to their own political leanings as long as they stay true to the Divine!

DarqOmen
    The Enlightened of Rubi-Ka

OOC:

While the RPing is great I would appreciate it if you could take your debate off of the recruitment post as the posting is just for recruitment! I personally believe using another guilds recruitment post for delivering your message as bad taste; especially when there is a forum for Organization Politics. You also could have just contacted any of the enlightened in game vs. leaving a long winded message... though I do appreciate the bumpage!

Talking *Laughing*

OOC: LOL, yes I realize my message is far more long winded than anything you posted! *cough* I have been known to do that once or twice!

DarqOmen

Talking

OOC:

LOL You long winded DarqOmen? Never... *grin*

Post POC for Candidates

For further details of becoming enlightened, please contact the Vicar of Lost Souls, Tanner.

He will be the guide for all of those who wish to be Enligthened; telling you about who we are, our goals, and why we believe as we do.

DarqOmen
    Prophet and Vicar of Chronicles

Can I say bump too?

I suppose you can peek