Thread: Anyone able to find the glowing ball in PW?

Anyone able to find the glowing ball in PW?

Last night the "Voice of Freedom" system meesages were saying something about a "glowing ball" being seen over the Perpetual Wastelands. Me and a couple others went there looking for it, not a good idea for level 60's, anyway, we were never able to see any "glowing ball" before my untimely demise (lousy borg generals). Did anyone actually see the "glowing ball"?

Thanks Cloudeh but, I was lookin' for personal accounts of the ball, did anyone touch it?, try to walk through it or anything?

It passsed through me, did you not see who the pics was by? me

It did nothing, maybe becuase Im uber? LMAO j/k

It happened in the Pleasent meadows about a week ago when a group of mine was hunting the bothackers. Nothing special happened really, the balls (one closely followed by another one) just came down and went straight into the ground like the picture on that other post. It went over top of our engineers warbot and the bods around it. Nothing happened. Looked cool though.
    "If it hurts, it means your still alive." - Bayman

NuggetKiller - The best looking atrox on RK1

Question Bug?

There is a bug still around in certain zones, where after a fight you will see streams of bullets from the guns used, flying right across the zone towards you. Someone will know what I mean and explain it better This may be something similar to that...
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Arrow Yes, But Not In PW

I saw it this afternoon, but not in Perpetual Wastelands. I saw it in Tir County. And I have an advantage over the previous observers -- I saw it from overhead.

I was flying between Tir and Crater Farms at about 30 meters altitude when I saw two huge glowing objects on the far side of Crater Farms from me. That would be south by southwest from the crater. As I got closer, I was able to resolve it into two vertical disks of light, on edge, sunk partway into the terrain. It's hard to judge distances on the ground from inside a Yalmaha, but I'd say they were about the height of the Crater Farms walls. I caught up with them just past the crater, and watched them pass under me. They then passed through the crater, swept across it from one side to the other, and kept going.

I pursued, but it wasn't easy; they were moving at almost exactly my speed, maybe a bit faster, and had a head start. They were headed straight for Tir. I called out a warning on the only comm channel I knew would get that far (Clan OOC) and maintained pursuit.

They got as far as Western Tir Approach, just short of those rock pillars where the road turns, and then quickly evaporated.

I know about the gun flash, beam , whatever comnig from 0,0 on the map or something.
    But this did not look like the usual one.
    It was like godzilla on crack.

We are just invaded guys, wake up !
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Talking Not technically UFOs

I hesitate to call them UFOs, because neither the ones that Supergnat saw nor the one that Cloudeh saw was actually flying. They were both skimming the ground.

So I suggest that we refer to them by a different acronym. And following TAG's usage, I suggest we call them "WGTs" - Weird Glowy Things. (Pronounced: "wig its.")

I have some screenshots from something i believe is similar. These were taken in meetmedere i think.

http://home.kvalito.no/~pleboy/aoscreen/scrn0024.JPG

To:
    http://home.kvalito.no/~pleboy/aoscreen/scrn0031.JPG

I've heard rumors that this is just a bug in the graphics engine that was never resolved. Instead of fixing it FC just left it in since it creates a fun mystery for players to talk about... and for all we know they've worked it into the plot. Remember FC has stated several times that "if there is a bug that makes the game more fun, we will just leave it in there". I think this might be one of those cases. But as I said.. that is just rumor. These WGT's have been seen Beta4 I believe...

hey Zepta, how do you get your quick bar to line up vertically on the left?
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Cool

Hey there I saw these things a long time ago for like a week strait out in newland Oaisis and the Rino Cocpit. they would just come out of the horizen and then envelope everything one after another. They seemed to be very large fire walls at first but they were not (thank god) not sure what they are though but they are neet looking I got a few screen shots......
    > Twillite <

Merkaba you Right click on the part of your bar that moves it. That will make teh bar go vertical
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers