Thread: Anyone else have problems with implants tonight or before?

Angry Anyone else have problems with implants tonight or before?

I lost 1000 credits today trying to put in two simple friggin implants. I go to the surgery booth, it takes my damn money, and then I CAN NOT get the implant in my friggin eye. I right click, shift right click, left click, drag to the implant window and left click, draq to the implant window and right click, drag and shift+right click. NOTHING WORKS. I think I screwed up, so I check my implants. I should be able to use both with my scores. So I go to another city, try again. 300 credits *flush*. I move, and try the last time. Flush another 300. Other people at the booths had the same problem. Can I get my damn money back? Im seriously pissed about this. Its like the damn snack machines on campus, taking my money and NOT GIVING ME MY F*CKING CANDY!!!

MonicaRayes

Unhappy Me too, implants didn't work.

I thought I was just doing something wrong. Since I just started playing. I wasn't even getting error messages (like the game seems to have when you do something wrong).

It was maddening, it was my first 300credits I ever had! Then poof, all gone. I had found some great stuff (yet low level) that I wanted to install to help me in my missions.

If they game was plain broken tonight, then it makes me feel better. The other thing is, there is NO section on implants in the manual!! I searched twice to no avail. What's up with that?

The 'manual' is a complete joke. I suggest checking out the various non-Funcom web sites, that is the only place you will find out how to play the game. Gummizluv has a thread in the Beginner's Corner that links to the Idiot's guide to AO, that is a good place to start.

That was an AWFUL lot of clicking to put in an implant. To put in an implant all you do it pick it up and drop it in the correct slot. Were you trying to put a nanocluster into an implant that was already installed in you, perhaps? I'm not trying to be smart, just trying to figure out what the problem was.

Could you perhaps elaborate on all that clicking, what were you clicking and dragging each time?

Scorus

Talking Yes, lots of clicking

I know it was lots of clicking to use it. Its because I was trying everything to make it work. Mind you, I thought it was just right click the implant. Thats how I got my others to work, but that doesn't seem to work anymore, so I tried everything else I could think of to do with it.

Im thinking it was a game error, not a user error. I had all the req's to use the implants, I went to three seperate surgery booths, and tried EVERYTHING I could think of, and none of it worked.

By the way, the implants were a faded chest implant of mauling, and a faded eye implant of backstabbing. I wanted them so I could use my Ancient Featherwood Staff. And, like I said, I tried everything to get them to work, and the only result I got was - 1000 credits.