Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More reading for clanners ( this time for thoose how don't follow the CoT )

Angry Way of life? FREE!

Originally posted by OneSilkyCat
    Uwen, the disinformation you are spreading is staggering.
    He who controls the (dis)information, has power. This is called propaganda. An ancient earth politician known as "Hitler" would
    be a good one to study in that regard.

This is a war you CANNOT win.
    Your actions ensure the utter destruction of your people's way of life.
    At least the Clan way of life is based on freedom, choice, not blind obedience to unethical, inhuman corporation. Even if the Clans fall, at least we will die as we have lived ... free.

My people, the Atrox, have no "way of life" ... we are not full humans.

The only "way of life" I have is my cause. Homo Atrox will be a reality. Omni-Med can save the lives of many, both Clan and OT, if they release the Atrox genetic code, or modify it so the Atrox can breed, for I will recruit an army and smash them, if necessary. This will cost many lives on both sides. A diplomatic solution would be preferred, and would be good public relations for OT anyway. Prove you are not heartless! Show me why I should follow the dictates of OT!

I call out again, and will continue to do so:

Atrox, band together! The tyranny of Omni-Med knows no bounds!

- Sllaagor
    Clan Atrox Enforcer

To Smashabasha

You forget something...

Notum is only available in Rubi-Ka. As such it is the most highly priced commodities in galaxy. It will be profitable to OT to wipe you all out to the last men, women, children, rat, whatever no matter what the cost. Making a army of men continent wide and marching it from end to end and killing you all will be profitable have no doubt about that.

The only thing that stops them doing this is the ICC and moral view of public across the galaxy. Show them that you are the unmoral killing terrorists that you are and ICC will release the restraints from OT wiping you out and the public morality of galaxy will cheer along the act of eradicating these horrible terrorists (never mind that there were prolly thousands of innocents wiped out along the thugs and terrorists).

I for one dont wish to see deaths of those who are innocent, clan, neutral or omni alike but these war breeding terrorists must be hunted down and exterminated.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 5 and 140

YES!

Yes! War breeding terrorist *on both sides* must be hunted down before we all become terrorist guerillas. Even if you set up your continent wide army, you still would never be able to take us all down because we would have the balloon effect. You crack down on us in one area, we will rise in another. However, this is not the best future for RubiKa. I believe OmniTek should have *A* place in RubiKa's future, not BE RubiKa's future. They should mine there notum without regulation other than safety and humane treatment regulation. They should be a company in the future planet-nation of RubiKa. They should not be the government however. As you said, notum is profitable and it can only be found on RubiKa. So take your notum. Do what you do best. Mining. Leave the governing to others. Yes you made the planet livable, but do the honourable thing. Step down. Become a normal company. Transfer your armies to a democratic government. Dissolve OmniReform. Dissolve, or hand over to the democratic future government, all the governmental organisations you control. Yes, you will lose a little power. Yes you might have to treat your workers (gasp) humanely. However, you would also be doing the greatest service to people you could ever do. Your galactic approval rating will soar. You will make more money because you will not have to support an entire army and the maintainence of a nation. And even better, you could loan to the starting democracy in RubiKa's future to help it get going! Then everyone would love you! If you did all this, I would come back and mine as hard as I could, or, due to my small stature, be a PR guy! Everything would be perfect. We would have peace. Those who would not accept something as great as that (our current warmongers), I would have no problem with destorying. If they want anything other than democracy, they are not fighting for the right reason. If they want power, they should be destroyed. But back to topic, this would be the most perfect future, and the only one in which there is lasting peace, that I could imagine! How could this be wrong?

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by OneSilkyCat

This is a war you CANNOT win.
    Your actions ensure the utter destruction of your people's way of life.
    Somebody else in this debate talked about being a student of history. For what I know of Rubi-Ka history, I can tell you this...

Maybe you are right, maybe this is a war we cannot win, and we will all die...

But sure as hell this is a war you will keep on winning, year after year. The Clans arent an invading force, the Clans arent an alien presence on Rubi-Ka, unrelated to Omni-Tek.

The Clans are the latest iteration of the movement of Omni-Tek employees fighting for freedom. There are only 2 ways for you to stop this war for looming out again in the future: either you start treating your employees at all levels like people (dont come to me with "I and all my friends are happy and get all we want and are free to do what we like", you are one of the priviledged few) or you stop employing people and close shop. Either way, we win; we, the current clanners may die at your hands, but our ideals will be carried out by others as long as your tyranny exists.

So, while you consider the extermination of the whole clan population, take a minute or so to think about the new employees you are hiring this moment.... and how many of them are going to find out soon that we were right and you are their oppressor. As long as you keep doing business like you do, you will be the best recruitement agency the Clans have

President Breogan
    Rubi-Ka Reform Party

Lightbulb Agreed

Originally posted by Breogan

As long as you keep doing business like you do, you will be the best recruitement agency the Clans have
    I am in total agreement.

- Sllaagor
    Clan - Atrox Enforcer

Unhappy

Alright, Gentlemen.

I've already gone over most of this in my last statement, which can be found in the "Tir Accord Broken by Omni-Tek" thread. So I'll do my best to just recap.

The very freedom of the Clans is a threat to innocents on Rubi-Ka. There are many Clans that do not follow the Council of Truth and operate independently of them. The Council has no power to control or police these groups, for that could be considered an "infringement of their rights" or some such nonsense.

This results in terrorist actions that require Omni-Tek involvement. This is why in Annex 2B: Police and Investigation point one of the Tir Accord we're allowed to move into Clan territory without the permission of the Council.

If the Clans decide to remain defiant to our investigation...total war is imminent.

There are a number of results, all of which are pretty nasty.
    • ICC allows Omni-Tek to wage a full-scale war on the Clans. Most likely, the Clans are wiped out with heavy casualties, both military and civilian, on both sides.
    • Omni-Tek, due to either outside influence or a reserved ICC, is forced off planet. Confidence in ICC falters and the Confederation collapses. Hypercorporations answer to no one but themselves, resulting in increased injustice towards employees and uncontrolled war between rival corporations. Sol-Bank takes control of Rubi-Ka, subjecting the populace to a treatment a hundred fold worse than Omni-Tek ever did.
    • Omni-Tek, for similar reasons, is forced off planet. Rebellions occur in every hypercorporation. The balance of power in effect for tens of thousands of years collapses, and the human race enters a dark age era of anarchy and strife. The Omega very well might come out of hiding.

Now, Rubi-Ka is a harsh planet, and controlling it calls for harsh policies. This is unpopular, but unavoidable. Besides rival corporations desiring war, there are mutants, Cyborgs, Dusters, and God knows what else we have to deal with. It is possible for us to deal with them as a unified front.

When the problems are dealt with, we can talk about improving worker conditions.
    Until then, everyone’s just going to have to suck it up. We need a strong economy before we can make any improvements.

This is an unpopular view, but frankly, we’re doing everything we can.

Rubi-Ka’s the most profitable planet in OT’s pocket.
    It makes no sense why they wouldn’t be funneling most of their income into making it a better place to live.

We have the power to make this planet hospitable…all we require is your cooperation.

President Broegan...one Marcus Tulluis Cicero, a man of ancient Rome...that is, the Rome of Earth, not Rubi-Ka, coined a phrase more true today than ever before.

"Endless money forms the sinews of war."

If we continue down this road, we are both doomed. Defeating Omni-Tek will pave the way for a new hypercorporation, say Sol Banking, as surely as an extermination of the Clan would bring about further resentment and rebellion on this planet...notum is the endless money that Cicero spoke of so many millenia ago.

We need not resign ourself to this dark fate. We have the foundation for peace, let us follow it.
    Last edited by OneSilkyCat; Jan 31st, 2002 at 01:44:48.
    Lt. Jaime "Silky" Kiewiet
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

That is why we do NOT destroy OmniTek. OmniTek stays for the mining. They stay as a company. Their military stays and becomes part of the Democratic Planet of RubiKa's Armed Forces, along with former clansmen. I have tried over and over again to explain this to you. If this inspires other clans to rebel, they will place there former oppressor companies as a company and retain the use of the former military. Thus the universe is democratic, companies still make their profit, everyone is happy. I am tired of trying to explain this to you. If you cannot get it this time, I am afraid I will stop wasting my time trying to help you understand.
    Also, yes Breogan, well said.

Uwen
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12