Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Engineer's get the shaft again...

Yesterday after a Hard day just wanted to play a bit before i had to sleep.

sorry english is not my Native language.

1st. i dont care if we engis are powerfull or not, that has nothing to do with the terrible Pet Pathing in Missions. How can someone answer here with "engies are way powerfull" ?? damnit. you havent got the point so shut up .....

2nd This is a game to have fun, not to whine about how great other classes are or not. If you dont really like your class play another but Shut up.

3rd. I like my engineer class, it fits perfect for me. I would start no other class because i dont see any class that would interest me. I played a necro for 3 years in EQ and a Theurgist in DAOC so Engineer comes closest to my playing style if it would work as it should.

Yesterday the ARK told me that hes playing an engineer too and has all the same problems. And hes waiting for a fix aswell. Isnt that laughable ??

I wrote reports , petitioned and all i could do. Yesterday i was happy i got a mission with a QL 77Basic Nano Helmet i just hoped "please no cave or Acid".mission I WANT THAT HELM !

I traveled from Athen to MMD then Mort. took me some time.

And you know what ?

i got this fuggin Acid mission which is impossible for Engineers. 30 mins to get to the mission and around 30 mins to get the mission at termial, all time and the nice Helmet complete lost. I was so pissed that i called a GM and really screamed on him like a wield fury, i even told him to ban me no i am not retarded i was just incredible angry and pray for a Pet FIX since december.

one GM once told me all Engineer he knows are happy in missions and they are doing well. I told him to show me those guys. He denied. I called him an lier and incompetent. Asked him why hes lieing. He told me all is fine just play and find out how to do it. BLEH! That was when i got my 1st Gladiator Bot, thats when all the crap started.

I have no idea what this developement team is doing all the day but they are not able to Make our pet a bit smaller which would take 30 mins to programm. No those guys arent even able to give us a weekly report, they let us stand in the dark with all our hopes for better times.

Me and 2 other Engi friends are forced to Play outdoors now and we all have yalamahs hard earned. we are not starting a new char. either FC gets his feet up and fixes this crap and the whole games Bugs aswell or they have 3 players less soon.

The risk for us to get a Cave mission is to high, we will loose alot time and its just frustrating to be happy for an item reward and when u reached the mission you see you will never get it..

Funcom what you doing here is prevent me and my friends from having fun , is that the goal of this game ?

Yes i am whineing and i am complaining, if you dont like it, Ignore it. I am so pissed from waiting on a Patch.

Have a nice one

Neocron comes out and i am in Beta by luck.
    Last edited by Starboat; Jan 23rd, 2002 at 12:25:50.

They have fixed missions!!!
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

explain that please

From what I understand they have fixed or removed the rooms that usually caused problems for pets. Most of them were in the brown cave setting.

Originally posted by Vertigo024
    Isn't it funny when we say engies are very strong in combat they come dragging with the PvP thingy. Who cares about PvP when an engie can easily solo mobs WAY above their level with a overequipped bot in PvM.
    Well, the majority of Engineers forced to hang around the cities doing missions rather than exploring the vast and rich environment of Rubi-Ka, for one.

The one thing that attracted me to playing this game was simply sitting on the waterfall north of Tir and watching the sunset...maybe not a good reason to sign up, but the whole thing is about _roleplaying_ rather than simply running around with guns shooting things...those are FPS.

Personally I'm happy as Pavoline. I've been helped along the way by other characters that have levelled faster than me, but I don't consider myself 'tanked' or too weak unless I can't at least take on a green mob and win...if that happens I can't advance and it all stops there until I can find a group that don't act like a bunch of brats in a schoolyard.

I think the _real_ underlying problem is the pet pathing, which is atrocious. I've spent several minutes at a time trying to get my pet to actually follow me instead of running at a wall, and any dungeon/mission area with a broken floor, such as the slime levels, is going to mean significant portions of my life are going to be spent ranting at the 'bot. Considering the engineer is usually the weak spot in the Engineer/Bot partnership, you have to have that backup simply to survive.

Yes, we can overequip, but I think you're merely handwaving when you say that you can solo mobs 'WAY' above our level...try sitting in on one of those levels with the three mobs in the main room that all seem attracted to the engineer rather than the bot and bear in mind that gladiatorbots have trouble getting through those doors.

In summary, Pet pathing needs fixing and the pet commands could do with beefing up...and it would be _nice_ to have some form of floating display as to the number of NCUs a pet has free unless I'm missing some equipment or another.

**** the idea that all the classes should be equal, they won't be, but things like the pet pathing provide quantities of frustration that are unacceptable.
    ------------------------
    Pavoline - Lvl 53 Combat Engineer "bringing morbidity to 'creepers"
    Havlentia - Lvl 76 MetaPhysicist Personal Shopper in search of love & happiness in a background of war and strife.
    ------------------------

Getting gladiators through doors

Gladiatorbots & guardbots do get stuck often, but I find it very easy to get mine unjammed. I just issue a /pet follow command a few times and it usually manages to pull him free. I've put it on my shortcut bar so I just hit 5555 and that takes care of the problem 99% of the time even on the acid rooms or corner rooms with deep pools in the middle. The other 1% I just run back a room or two and issue some more pet follows then try again.

I've heard some of the higher end 'bots are even a bigger issue, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Fractaloon

Wink

Well the problem starts at Guardbot and gladiator bot's you say.. iv been usinf Warbots and Wardroids and now latly slayerdroids.
    yesturday i took out my upgraded guardbot in a mission in BS Ware house mission. if you even knew the difference with the Guardbot i could run trou the whol mission and whe i stopen he was right behind me. try that with a slayer ore a wardroid.
    if you took a lap around and thought well lets see how fare he has come hum. try the first room i can guarantee the 90% of every time you do that he would be in the first room maybe he even got throu the main room.

when i have my senitel Slayerdroid out. i can run missions yes its possible. som times i just have to press the follow button 5-10 times and he gets trou. then i am lucky. if i take a normal BS mission i use around 2-3 hours on it but it usualy gets close to 3 hours. on every door i use 3-5 min somtimes more somtimes less.
    but i think the average is 3-5 min.

that is short will say that i use over half the time of the mission just getting my bot throu doors. i can say that my max on 1 mission is over 5 hours thats a long time. but the mission contained lods of room.

when it comes to the topic of this post. i cant say engis have any need of saying that "Engineer's get the shaft again!". we have only one thing to complain about and that's Pet pathing.

iv read some other good posts to day on the issue. and i see cosmic has replyed on one date:"15.01.02" i hope he told the developers right away about the "Summon command"
    i think that one sounds realy good. if he dosent get throu the door right away just type "/pet Summon" and he will come to you right away. then i could even think about goung out and incure myself 1 time in a mission.

well i hope this could be of any help ore info to any one. and im hoping for a new command in the next patch.

well good luck to you all
    and
    Happy hunting

Proxima Engi lvl 118

I dont want to have to press /pet follow 10 times. I want to press it 1 time as it should be.

I dont want to have to Zone out to get my pet back to me.

I dont want to read anymore about, you can do it this or that way.

i want Funcom to programm it as it should be since start and not all the work arounds, i am tired of seeing my dumb pet getting stuck between a door in a cave mission and read the Yellow Text in my spammed chat window "Following Command Received" Bla bla bla...

I say no more Work arounds, make the things work, to long we are waiting for this and still nothing happend.

i gave up on playing until this patch 13.6 is out. i am not risking to loose my time again when i dont know what kinda mission area i get.

Yesterday from my friends list which contains 36 players i had 3 online the most of them expected a Patch as i found out.

dissapointed players.......

i enjoy real life until this stuff is fixed. i hope thats soon

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    From what I understand they have fixed or removed the rooms that usually caused problems for pets. Most of them were in the brown cave setting.
    That will also improve fixer mission running... things are looking up! We'll come back with more slayerdroid crystals for you
    Sometimes, old fixers die in Bitterness.

Originally posted by Kalris
    oh and your little over eqing theory is gonna go down the drain when the 75/80/whateverthehellitis%rule comes into play
    To be blunt, Funcom isn't going to cut it's own throat by doing this... Theywill only be losing more of thier paying customers if they did so.

pet problems

You know, only half the problem with pets in missions is the rooms. The other big issue is doorways, at least for higher level engineers. From reading these posts, it sounds like that will still need to be addressed to make everybody happy.

Fractaloon

Bigger doors would also solve the Adventurer's Polymorph woes too.. would be killing 2 Vulture feuders with 1 Vektor...

Engineer retired, and happy :)

Retired my Engineer until the fat Bots go through doors,water and rooms.

A nice friend told me to try a MP if i like Pet classes so much.

I am pretty happy now. Played like crazy and i am addicted again ! hehe. Ya i hate going to work today..

There are big fat problems with engineer, and i think i only use him to make the implants for my MP until L100.

the MP pets are following better in missions. And its only half the pain than before. Now i need to find a Yalmaha urgend !

regards

1. If you would only spend one hour clearing a mission at ~lvl100ish (if pathing get fixed) then you have nothing to complain about, try a NT, we use 2hrs+ at lvl75 (50% setting, all green, high risk for seeing that scanner earlier than wanted).

2. If you look at the mission key, it will (most times) say what type the mission will be, i.e. 'Key for warehousedoor', 'Key for 'what-ever-caveentrance', etc. Save yourself running for hours, only to get knee-deep in no-pet acid abusing ARK/GM's

3. Started a engie on friday afternoon for fun because I had to loose some NT-frustrations or cancell account. Played it three evenings so far, now it is lvl26. Except some pathing issues engie's are fine, I just love to have my own personal Tank/XP-collector

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

Originally posted by Nanogater
    except some pathing issues engie's are fine, I just love to have my own personal Tank/XP-collector
    <looks askance>

1) I wouldn't base your opinion on a Lvl 26 Engineer, because you'll be tootling around with an automaton or possibly a fairly crippled android and the problems tend to start with a gladiatorbot.

2) Nobodies really complaining about the engineer class specifically in terms of the game balance...I'm hearing a lot of opinions based on the 'fact' that Engineers have a hell of an asset in terms of the 'droid...that droid can't always aggro multiple mobs and they tend to go for the soft underbelly of the Engineer/droid partnership...and when you're carrying a pistol that does 20 damage in the face of things like accelerated Titanium bullets, you tend to run.

3) There is a fairly punctuated path produced by a schism between the quality of the pets and the difficulty of missions. My levelling *stopped* when my bot was too low level to survive missioning and I hadn't made enough to get the next droid...a friend lent me enough cash rather than me having to go after greys.

I don't agree that engineers get shafted, I think that there is a slight problem in terms that what works with x profession won't work with y profession, but this a matter for figuring out the strengths and weaknesses of various professions and adjusting playing style to suit.
    ------------------------
    Pavoline - Lvl 53 Combat Engineer "bringing morbidity to 'creepers"
    Havlentia - Lvl 76 MetaPhysicist Personal Shopper in search of love & happiness in a background of war and strife.
    ------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12