Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unicorn Special Ops in Hope Crater

Re: The efficiencies of law?

Originally posted by Boomer

Begging your pardon, but isn't the entire planet voicing worried thoughts, regardless of alignment? I think you are a fool if you are not worried about the possible ramifications and significance of the Unicorn Company's presence on Rubi-Ka.

Sorry to interrupt.
    Mireia
    Absolutly I'm concerned. They are Omni and the enemy. My question is, why are OTHER Omni concerned.......?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

In response to your question

I believe that Omni-Tek employees are concerned for several reasons.
    1. The Unicorn Company sent several Omnis to reclaim during the incident at Hope Crater.
    2. The Unicorn Company displayed no regard for the laws and customs of our planet.
    3. Despite the conflict, Omnis still do not like to see innocent people harmed.
    4. Omnis were not informed of the upcoming arrival of the Unicorn Company, nor have we been informed about the duration of their stay.
    Then again, one might question why you need to ask why we are concerned. Is it not victory enough for you to see Omni folk question their leaders?
    Socializer: 80%
    Achiever: 53%
    Explorer: 46%
    Killer: 20%

Lucilla "Mireia" Ginsberg: Fixer on RK1. Proud member of Order of Corporate Templars.
    Ian "Irandrian" McCovery: Trader on RK1. Proud member of Thorns, Inc.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Please copy me into your signature so that I can spread.

Re: In response to your question

Originally posted by Boomer
    I believe that Omni-Tek employees are concerned for several reasons.
    1. The Unicorn Company sent several Omnis to reclaim during the incident at Hope Crater.
    2. The Unicorn Company displayed no regard for the laws and customs of our planet.
    3. Despite the conflict, Omnis still do not like to see innocent people harmed.
    4. Omnis were not informed of the upcoming arrival of the Unicorn Company, nor have we been informed about the duration of their stay.
    Then again, one might question why you need to ask why we are concerned. Is it not victory enough for you to see Omni folk question their leaders?
    1. They sent Omni to reclaim... Ya right..

2. Like since when has that stopped Omni-Tek?

3. For the love of... You need to make sure your on the right planet... *falls over laughing* your so funny with these jokes.

4. Ya right

Then join the clans.
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Missing the point?

Perhaps I'm missing the point here of this grid posting....

At the very beginning it was designed to inform the general public about the events that have taken place and allow us to pool our information (gasp! and maybe work together!) to figure out what the Unicorn Company is doing on Rubika and why they seem to have a total lack of judgement between the different sides.

Perhaps they don't see the divisions as we do, they don't see clanner, or Omni-Tek. Perhaps they only see their objective. I cannot believe that this has once again turned into a dicussion of who is right, clan or Omni. I think all it's done is show the ignorance on both sides.

First, I think that it shows that we Omni citizens take some of our safety for granted on this planet. We have benifited from having the corporation guard and protect the various cities and for the most part we have been generally safe. Clearly this event has showed how dangerous the world really is to those of us who live out our lives doing nothing more than earning an honest living.

There also seems to be some ignorance on the clan side about the average Omni citizen. While we all have some kind of connection to the corporation, many of us work within departments that have very little contact with the corporation as a whole. In many respects, departments operate outside the corporation and reach out to neturals as well as clan members on some instances. We're not oppressed, we're not all killers. We want what the clans want. To prosper, to thrive, and to come home to our friends and family at night. While I am allied with Omni-Tek, they should know that if a force intends on endangering my friends and family, I won't care what side they belong to. Does that make me a tratior? I don't think so. An old military lesson was taught to me which states that a good solider knows which orders to follow and which ones to not follow. We're not all mindless zombies who carry out every order which rolls down hill from the company.

Finally, I think we should also remember a little history here. While this corporation does have blood on its hands, neither side is absent from it's evil deeds. Clanners benifit from medical technology, transportation technology, and even warfare technology which was created by this corporation. To that end, you do owe some thanks.

I would hope that you all could swallow your pride a little and perhaps come to realize that something bigger than all of us is going on here...something that could threaten Omni and clan alike. I once worked special operations killing clanners, but one day realized the value of life and then began working defense instead of offense. I believe if I can make this transition, then anyone can.

Mark my words, there will come a day when the notions of seperate sides will need to be broken down for the survivle of us all. Those who refuse to unite together will die and be forgotten. It's up to you to decide if you can work for peace, or die holding on to your petty grievances.

Intersting that you think your corporation is threatening itself. You also are not allied to Omni-Tek. You WORK for them. You are an employee. How is one an ally to one's self? For all you know your Boss Ross ordered the Unicorn Company to behave the way they did. Look to your boss for answers. Somehow I doubt he's going to answer to you peon. You are nothing to the company, your life meaningless.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Thank you for proving my point Vixen, that the clans no nothing of how Omni citizens function within the realm of the company.

All this talk of orders, and the Omni here on RK being uninformed of any orders for the UB to come here. You have to remember one thing. Omni-Tek is a corporation, and the people that are aligned with Omni-Tek on this planet are company property. You belong to Omni-Tek, meaning, they can do pretty much whatever they want to you as long as it doesnt break the terms of your contract with them. And I'm sure somewhere at the bottom of the contract there is a disclaimer that says "Omni-Tek reserves the right to change the terms of this contract, or change the contract at anytime without notification to the signatory." Thats just how contracts are. I'd love to get a copy of that original contract too, unfortunately I burned mine the day I joined the Clans. Kind of a Rite of Passage I guess.

And have we heard from Ross for a while? Maybe he received orders that he was to be recalled to Omni Prime and didnt want to come, so they sent their lackeys in to take him home. Or maybe that ship that landed here is the long awaited David Marlin and they were sent here to capture him before he could get to a safe place. And then yet again it could have been some alien spaceship and Omni Prime is trying to cover it up. Theres many things that this could be. But I'd love to have some information from a real source, someone who knows what they are talking about, and knows whats going on. Until then we shouldnt make any hasty moves.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

I find it difficult to get into the intimidated, worried state of mind when faced with soldiers fixated on a magical horse. Most people grow out of that sort of thing around age 12 or so.

On the other hand, the shadow politics that seem to surround their arrival are interesting indeed. And the desperation with which Omni seems to rush to the defense of the corporation while at the same time worrying over the consequences this may have for them. Vix is fishing, it's true. And I think she's gotten a bite.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Aerinyi
    I find it difficult to get into the intimidated, worried state of mind when faced with soldiers fixated on a magical horse. Most people grow out of that sort of thing around age 12 or so.
    Tell that to 'sir' Galahad.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Lightning that flows through tiny threads of metal, what is this.....electricity thing? Is it witchcraft? It came from the black sorcerers that work for the evil Omni-Tek. Electricity must be banished!

Good morning Rubi-Ka, have you hugged your sanity today?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

My sword has put down more Unredeemed than their cute unicorn T-shirts. But hey, if I want to recapture that feminine touch perhaps I could invite them to help redecorate my apartment. We could have cake, and chocolate milk. Exciting.

Maybe these pony boys aren't so bad after all.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Originally posted by Savoy

Tell that to 'sir' Galahad.

Savoy
    Sir Galahad might be excentric, but noone said he's aiming for intimidating. He also isn't asociated with any horse, let alone with magical one. His choosing of garment is nowdays trendy, maybe indicating person before it's time. And there isn't much to be said about his pet lizzard since it's lacks lifespawn.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Being the able bodied fixer that I am,... scratch that; (opifex). Being the Fixer I am, and with the laid back personality of mine; I simply don't see a reason for any sort of arguing over ponies. All in all, this Unicorn group is simply in my view; eye candy. Possibilities include, Omni-Tek attempting to intimidate us - both Clan and Omni alike. Another probable cause for this could be to simply attempt to restart the war from years past. Seeing how Omni-Tek was unable to crush the clans before, they might fear another uprising;...or are trying to start one now, confident that their superior weapons and armor will win them a war; and ALL of Rubi-Ka. Also, this could be an order from the highest form of Omni-Tek Command. I do not believe that any of this should be allowed to come into actual events.

Lastly, try and remember that all of us are immagrants, we all shuttled down to Rubi-Ka from the same place, we are thus the same people. Personally I admire anyone, Omni, Neutral, or Clan; so long as they do what is right and respectful. It is our nature to fight, but why not fight the real oppressors? By this I don't mean Omni...I mean its Corporation. They provide clans with lesser equipment; which we are actually forced to steal in order to survive, and their loyal employees have little say in what goes on. I suggest Omni and Clan unite togeather under the guidence of ICC or at least until we are able to form our own true government. With all of these new threats recently emerging; I suggest we even find a way to unite the Factions of the Shadowlands. By doing this we would allow Clan, Omni, and Neutral to share all of their benifits. I feel we must act in this way in at least some manor... and might I suggest quickly!

If there is to be a war, it should not be small skirmishes amongst a relativley small population on a single planet, but a great war; a final war! To unite a people, and make a claim at what is ours;... Rubi-Ka, and any Unicorn or Pony on it!

There are many thoughts in this post, but the most important is that we unite under one name, and keep all the bad Ponies and Unicorns out as a single allied force!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123