Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Camping out mission terminals is boring!

Instead of having a more specification mission reward system ,I think wat we need is a better auction system .We should able to passed our auction items to a machine or NPC ,in the same time bid on goods others had offer by using that particular machine or person. In other words ,a middle man for items trading. Anyone agree with me?

I hope the mission terminals stay as they are, I wish funcom would make it easier to get the relevant facts from a mission tho. Scrolling down on 40 missions get boring real quick

If you dont find what youre looking for, shopbot is EXCELLENT for locating your items, while youre in a mission or out hunting with friends. Just dont expect to find it in 2 seconds, that would be so boring.

Dont spoil the hunt, Funcom!

Is there some kind of help on shopbot? I keep hearing about it, but I don't have a clue on how to use it..

Talking of making looking for items easier I did read a post in one thread that said there was an app out there somewhere that showed the items/location/creds for each mission and it was stated as being ok to use by a GM.

Now I have been trying to find this thread again so I can get the link to the site the app was on. So somewhere on these forums is a link that will prob solve some of your probs.

Anyone know this link or the thread it came from?

Sunraven

Originally posted by Leumas
    Instead of having a more specification mission reward system ,I think wat we need is a better auction system .We should able to passed our auction items to a machine or NPC ,in the same time bid on goods others had offer by using that particular machine or person. In other words ,a middle man for items trading. Anyone agree with me?
    Yes. But the mission terminal interface stiil needs to be fixed.

I wish the following mission description items were in bold brightly colored text:

Objective Item: What you have to find, bring back, repair etc.

Mission Location: The zone the mission takes place in and the coordinates (if supplied)

I'd like it to be easier to scan mission descriptions for the usefull information.

Try AOMD

There is a free program out called AOMD that captures the information from the mission terminal and displays it in an external program (you need to run AO in a window to use this, I believe, and you need an ethernet connection to the internet, won't work with a normal modem). You can also create a list of key words to trigger a .WAV file if it shows up as recover or reward item.

S.A.M.

The key word list function doesn't work, from what I can tell.

Mission camping is forced.

Newbies don't know it, but some professions, at higher levels need to camp the boothes.

I'm meta 133 and all of my NCU's and nanocrystals come from boothes.

And it's not a "nice to have", I need the items I spend hours looking for from the boothes.

Of course, I use a third party tool to browse missions, and still required some hours to find what I needed
    Last edited by Miriandel; Jan 22nd, 2002 at 18:54:38.

the key word list works just fine on my copy of aomd

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123