Thread: Where *are* the static dungeons?

Question Where *are* the static dungeons?

Hey all,

TheVede here. So, uh, I've got a lvl 32 Adventurer (Clan). Where are all these static dungeons I've heard so much about? How do I find them (exactly), and what level do I need to be to get through them (realistically)?

Thanks for the help!

-TheVede

Only one you can do at your level is Steps of madness and if you've done cave missions you've done that dungeon.

Yawn... boring dungeons rock!

Exclamation omg

For some reason, I actually believe it's you. So I'll join you as a first time poster (long time lurker). If it's the "story" dungeons that you're talking about, then there are 3 that I know of.

First, in order of appearance, is the "Steps of Madness". This one is located in Omni Forest (exit Omni-Entertainment District). I don't want to ruin your exploration fun, so the coords I will leave a mystery. I forgot what the lvl rating that Funcom claimed was (35-55?), but a full team @lvls 50-65 should be able to get you pretty far. *notices that you asked for EXACT* 800x2800.

The second was one in Greater Tir County, but I haven't been and therefore am unsure of the details.

The third is located west of West Athen, in a zone called The Longest Road, and is, I believe, officially nameless (commonly referred to the 'TLR Dungeon'). Never did jot down the coords for that one, but follow the road through 2 zones west, hang a left (second left along this stretch of road), and head south into the Omni Mining OP. It's the Foreman's office. The level reqs are around the same as the first, perhaps slightly higher.

Hope that helps.

Mon - Order of the Storm

p.s. How about a favorable review to help attract some new players? =)

The Longest Road dungeon is actually "Named" something along the lines of OT Bio Facility. What kills me is that OT teams are happier camping there than clans are. Everything inside is of alignment "monster." I was between 56 and 57 when I got help getting into the inner reaches of the dungeion. The entryway guards were either solid green or very gray, but as I got in, the bodyguards outside the director's office were quite red. It seems to be a 40-70 dungeon.

The Steps of Madness has an official "level" of 30-50. Everything up to Neleb for me is solid green or solid grey. However the things here hit a lot harder and take a lot more punishment than their level should allow for. Some of the "green" critters here sends this Fixer running like a shoolgirl, since I can barely put a dent in them before I run out of hitpoints. Don't even think of attempting this dungeon without the combined talents of a meta-pysicist, an engineer, and a trader. I have only seen the entire dungeon thanks to the full teams of level 80+ groups who decide they want one of Neleb's cloaks. I have also seen some level 100+ metas solo most of the dungeion.

I have yet to visit the Cyborg barracks, but I hear that the minimum level is 70.

My 36 MA has a hard time taking one yellowish green mob in SoM. And they come in swarms
    High lvl content is the key to fix the game. Add new hunting grounds, make some viable loot and money-dumps for higher lvls.

Talking

Thanks for the help, fellers! Wish there were more than a few of these darn things! Need... new... dungeons... and... missions... badly... =)

-TheVede

PS
    "For some reason, I actually believe it's you." --Monrakashi
    Well, if I'm not me than my mom and dad sure have a lot of explaining to do! =)

/me wipes a tear away

I miss the old PCG.. subscribed to that mag since year 1 up until bout last year.

Anyway if your the real Ved GREAT to see you in the community Does this mean a possible re-review of AO? It is the best damn MMORPG goin ya know...

Anyway currently on the Test server we have a new dungeon going.. you want the good news first or the bad news?

Good news is.. it should ROCK!

Badnews is it's probably going to be a lvl100-120 dungeon.. best get that leveling treadmill into gear.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Are you the real Greg "The Doofus" Vederman of PC Gamer or someone else?

LoL! Yes, I am the real "doofus." =)

As for a re-review, that's not our policy, BUT we did just do a big MMORPG feature that looked at a lot of the big games (including AO) and gave our opinions on which ones were getting better, staying the same, or getting a little stale.

We said AO was getting much better. =) Then again, if you biznatches read the magazine, I wouldn't have to tell you this!

-TheVede

PS
    lvl100-120? Son of a...