Thread: This is in no way a flame. Just thought u should know how life is in the game (reply)

Unhappy This is in no way a flame. Just thought u should know how life is in the game (reply)

OH MY GOD. Take a deep breath omar. Deeeeep breath. HOW CAN U DO THAT? HOW? I was an honest nice player, that worked for 128 hours to get the yalmaha. I bought it! I contacted an ARK RIGHT after it happened! A heated anger is rising in me. I am a nice person. I did everything I possibly could have when it happened. I'm going to speak in plain english as if u were standing next to me. Nevermind. I shouldn't swear. What can I do now? If this was RL, I would get a lawyer. There are three roads I can take. The first is to leave the game and condemn it in the sites I'm a part of. The second, is to keep on playing, and swear and cuss at this cold hearted injustice that has happened to me, and other players I have found out. The third, is to keep on contacting u guyz until I get my yalmaha back, or am absolutely certain that u guyz are Heartless bastards. When I know that u guys are heartless bastards, then I will put as much detail of it in the forums as I can. The thing is, I am not threatening u right now. This is just what I am thinking. U have stole my life. STOLE IT. I'm going to cool down right now. Wish me luck.

(if u wanna read my situation with the >>>>, go to the bug forum with the heading "losing my yalm" or something like that)

(update: no way to get yalm back. after week GM couldn't see it in log. still playing...)

>From: Funcom Support <support@anarchy-online.com>
    >Reply-To: support@anarchy-online.com
    >To: odielag@hotmail.com
    >Subject: [Funcom Support #137042] Re: Bought my first yalm, and a bug ate it in 3 days.
    >Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 04:36:10 +0100
    >
    >
    >
    >[odielag@hotmail.com - Sun Jan 13 01:14:04 2002]:
    >
    > > I forgot that ark's name. I shoulda wrote it down.
    > >
    > >
    > > >From: Funcom Support <support@anarchy-online.com>
    > > >Reply-To: support@anarchy-online.com
    > > >To: odielag@hotmail.com
    > > >Subject: [Funcom Support #137042] Re: Bought my first yalm, and a bug
    > > ate
    > > >it in 3 days.
    > > >Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 02:10:43 +0100
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >[odielag@hotmail.com - Sun Jan 13 00:24:33 2002]:
    > > >
    > > > > In short, My name is Odieengineer, and I spent 2 weeks getting
    > > enough
    > > > > money
    > > > > to buy a yalmaha, and when I did, I lost it in two days.
    > > > >
    > > > > This is the story.
    > > > >
    > > > > Christmas vacation had just started, and I made a goal for myself;
    > > I
    > > > > would
    > > > > buy my first yalmaha, even though my highest playable character
    > > was a
    > > > > lvl 51
    > > > > Engineer!
    > > > >
    > > > > How I got the money:I had 8 hour days to play the game, which was
    > > > > unusual in
    > > > > my life. I played through the entire christmas vacation, that's a
    > > > > total of
    > > > > 128 hours. At first I looked for missions with decus stuff,
    > > because
    > > > > it's
    > > > > rare. When I saw the prices they were being sold for, I became a
    > > > > reseller.
    > > > > Don't get me wrong, it was hard work; and at times, I would make
    > > less
    > > > > than I
    > > > > would have doing missions.
    > > > >
    > > > > How I bought the plane: I finally had 4.65 mil. It was an awsome
    > > feat,
    > > > > considering the most I had before raising the money, was 300k. I
    > > was
    > > > > considering not saving the money anymore, but was determined to
    > > get a
    > > > > yalmaha. By this time I was a lvl 71 Engineer. So, I searched
    > > various
    > > > > shops
    > > > > with vehicles in them. after an hour, I was giving up and a guild
    > > mate
    > > > > wanted me to hunt with him. I tried one last store, and to my
    > > luck, I
    > > > > Found
    > > > > a QL 30 Yalmaha!!! It was 5 mil tho, instead of 4.65 mil. I tried
    > > to
    > > > > get a
    > > > > friend inside, but became impatient. I searched my inventory, and
    > > > > found 4 ql
    > > > > 110 battle suits. I HAD A YALMAHA!! It was wonderful. I felt kinda
    > > > > weird,
    > > > > because I was used to running. I nolonger had to look at the world
    > > map
    > > > > before accepting a mission, I could just get it without worry .
    > > It
    > > > > was
    > > > > tuesday when I bought the yalm.
    > > > >
    > > > > I lost the yalm: It was thursday evening. I was getting missions
    > > in my
    > > > > favorite booth in NW tir. I was in my plane as I was getting them.
    > > > > Then I
    > > > > logged out. When I reloged in to do the missions, THE YALM WAS
    > > GONE!!
    > > > > I
    > > > > immediately petitioned and sat in one place until the ark came.
    > > There
    > > > > were
    > > > > actually 2 arks, but only one talked to me. The ark was nice, as
    > > 97+%
    > > > > of the
    > > > > people in AO are. He told me to check everywhere in my inventory,
    > > and
    > > > > I
    > > > > couldn't find it. He told me to check the bank, it wasn't there. I
    > > > > zoned, it
    > > > > wasn't there. He told me that the issue would be brought to a GM,
    > > and
    > > > > that
    > > > > they would get back to me.
    > > > >
    > > > > To tell u the truth, I am really tired. Since thursday, I have
    > > > > petitioned
    > > > > twice wanting an update to the situation. In the best case
    > > > > curcumstance, I
    > > > > will log back on and a GM will give me a yalm. But even that is
    > > scary,
    > > > > because I don't wanna lose it again. It's horrible. If I get a
    > > yalm
    > > > > back,
    > > > > and then lose it again, I will probably quit AO, even though I
    > > have
    > > > > invested
    > > > > 30+ days into this game. I am tired. Please help me be happy.
    > > Thanks
    > > > > for
    > > > > reading this.
    > > > >
    > > > > less than an hour ago, I petitioned again for an update. a nice
    > > ark
    > > > > named
    > > > > Lave told me to e-mail u guyz as an added measure.
    > > > >
    > > > > __________________________________________________ _______________
    > > > > Join the world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail.
    > > > > http://www.hotmail.com
    > > > >
    > > > >
    > > >
    > > >Hello,
    > > >
    > > >Thank you for playing Anarchy Online. Do you know what ARK/GM you
    > > spoke
    > > >with
    > > >on Thursday? I will try and get some information for you. Please
    > > reply back
    > > >to
    > > >this e-mail so it will come back into my inbox.
    > > >
    > > >--
    > > >Regards,
    > > >
    > > >Brian Lee
    > > >Funcom Support
    > > >http://www.anarchy-online.com
    > > >http://www.worldofmidgard.com
    > > >http://www.funcom.com
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > __________________________________________________ _______________
    > > Chat with friends online, try MSN Messenger: http://messenger.msn.com
    > >
    > >
    >
    >Hello,
    >
    >Thank you for you patience. We have searched the logs and unfortunatly they
    >are not able to confirm the purchase or disappearance of the Yalmaha. Without
    >any evidence, we will not be able to reimburse the loss of the vehicle. We
    >apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Regards,
    >
    >Brian Lee
    >Funcom Support
    >http://www.anarchy-online.com
    >http://www.worldofmidgard.com
    >http://www.funcom.com
    Last edited by ODieLag; Jan 21st, 2002 at 08:42:20.

Sucks :\
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

I know. I'm going to pretend I didn't get that e-mail, and wait for the ark that said they would bring it to a GM to get back to me.

lol

funcom screwing subscribers over since july 2001

hey, **** happens. i lost a full backpack with a ql200 stigma, ql 189 mausser, full set of ql 150-ish obtru, etc....oh well, big deal. the game lasts 4 years, it'll give me something to do.

you should stop caring so much

Ya, I guess ur right.

I guess ur right, but I think that the yalmaha is worth every cent, and I don't want to be afraid of owning one. "Even if u showed me that u baught it, they wouldn't replace it " - an anonymous ARK.
    When the love of a game rests on the items that u can aquire, losing them is worse than words. I will continue playing, because I still haven't heard from that first ARK that I talked to when that bug ate my yalm. Thanks for ur encouraging words

Originally posted by ODieLag
    When the love of a game rests on the items that u can aquire, losing them is worse than words.
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand this statement. Please understand, I'm not trying to flame, or anything like that, just in need of clarification. Are you saying that the only reason you play AO (a game the last time I checked) is to aquire things? Yes, I'll admit that some things are special items that are a joy to finally get you hands on one, but they are still make believe items residing in a make believe world. I can't comprehend solely taking joy from aquire items in game, that ust doesn't seem at all right. Its my belief that the joy you get from playing this game, or any other MMORPG should come from the wonderful opportunity to interact with people from all over the world. Thats why I play AO. I lvl because I want to be able to hang out with my guild mates as they increase their lvls. I aquire items and armor and yals so that I won't be useless when I team with my new found friends. If I lost a yal, I'd be upset(for about .2 seconds) and then I'd realize "Hey, now I've got an excuse to get the group together to run some missions together."

Again, I'm not trying to put anyone down, I'm just trying to bring up the point that if you care that much about items or wealth in a MMORPG, then you might be missing the bigger and more important point, which is the social aspect.
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

I see what ur saying. With my first character, all I did was lvl and learn. He sucked at lvl 73. Having a sucky character seems to ruin my time lvling, because I don't feel I am pulling my weight. The only way not to have a sucky character is to do missions, and the most efficient way to do missions is with a yalm. Actually, I got a warp nano lately that I love; That's a big reason why I wanted a yalm, so I could get from mission to mission faster and my team wouldn't have to wait for me to run with a 500 run speed.

People change. When I wrote that post that's what I was thinking at the moment. I still think there is a chance that I'll get my yalm back, so I'm hanging in there.
    Last edited by ODieLag; Jan 16th, 2002 at 19:09:13.

Your level 53 character had 4 Q110 battle suits to spare?

Scorus

Well I can see the huge pain it could cause losing a Yal to a bug...

if for example your 3 friends all have Yalmahas and yours just got ate, it makes it hard to hang out with them.

Right now my friend has Quantum Wings, well I still have to run around on foot(or crappy Kodiak). He got a mission surrounded by vicious red aggro mobs the other day, he had no problem flying in to mission site, I got eaten trying to run into it. Result: couldn't do the mission together.

Yes

I know that funcom has posted in the past about losing yalms.I feel this is an acknowledgement of there being an issue. Which could rule out an exploit or duping situation in some cases. I know they have a very firm stance on replacing yalms !
    I feel terrible for your lose of hours of work .

All i can say is good luck on your quest of getting back your yalm!!

Originally posted by ODieLag
    I see what ur saying. With my first character, all I did was lvl and learn. He sucked at lvl 73. Having a sucky character seems to ruin my time lvling, because I don't feel I am pulling my weight. The only way not to have a sucky character is to do missions, and the most efficient way to do missions is with a yalm. Actually, I got a warp nano lately that I love; That's a big reason why I wanted a yalm, so I could get from mission to mission faster and my team wouldn't have to wait for me to run with a 500 run speed.

People change. When I wrote that post that's what I was thinking at the moment. I still think there is a chance that I'll get my yalm back, so I'm hanging in there.
    I do see your point, and I am sorry for you loss. I appologize if I seemed a little harsh, I was merely trying to show the other side. You do have much more of a positive attitude than most people who have been afflicted in this way. Send me a tell in game and I'll be happy to donate to your "Yal Replacement Fund"
    Princess"Lashleigh" Tabledancer - Unit member of Nirvana

Yes, I had my own fan club. Behold the power of spam....

Unhappy I know how you feal

Hi there i know what you meen i have had the same thing happen to me. That is i lost a plane. I couldnt fly it yet so it was not as bad as your case. However it was very sad in the same trade I went LD and i lost a pack that had half a med suit in it and some other stuff. It sucks but I never petitioned because i talked to some one who did an he said he never got any where. I am sorry that you had togo through all that crap man. I hope you get your yalm back. I would donate but I am very poor doc myself.
    > Twillite <

donation

Odie I talked to you in a shop in Athens yesterday. I didn't realise this was you who lost the yal.

I have a 100 000 credit donation for you to get a new one, i would give more but I don't have that much. I urge other players to pull together as a community and help people who are in this unfortunate situation, because it is obvious that as Funcom won't support us, we damn better support each other. Who knows, this one day could happen to you.'

/tell warrangel in game to meet me, or next time i am on I will tell you.

Atli.

For christ sake, this happened to me to, not with my Yalmaha, but with my Support Beam. Thing is, I got a good friend from tdc, to blitz a mission for me.. the result, a ql175 support beam. Finaly got it on, did some hunting, went to bed. Woke up next day, sat down infront of the ol'puter, logged on ... WTF?!?#¤&¤%?! NO BEAM?!¤?&%

Did a petiton, a GM got in my chat 2 hours later....

I named the guy that gave me the Beam after he blitzed the mission. GM searched the logs. He found a trade I did with that player a hour after the beam-trade, but not the beam-trade itself.

Result?

I had to waste 5 hours of my playtime tryin to blitz my own way through that 100% mission, and died .. oh, shall we say 40 times?

****IN GOOD WORK FUNCOM.

"I can't find any evicence of it in the logs, and cannot reimburse your beam (if you had one)"

I get treated like a lier, and their ****ing logsystem, witch they put ALL their fate in, doesn't even WORK! OMG IM MAAAD! Gimme a tell in game. Caol is the name, and I'll give you 500.000 credits.

That's a pretty big amout of what I have, but if Funcom won't help, we got to help eachother. C'Mon guys. Let's get this guy his Yalamah back! (Yes, I do freakin' belive him. EOD)
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I appreciate the gesture, but I don't need ur pitty change YET. There is still hope of me getting my yalm back from a GM. I would like to play with u ingame tho. we could do missions together . What lvl r u? I'm lvl 76 ATM. The highest ql object I can get in a missions is ql 110 it seems, so ur probably like lvl 140. I do alot of booth camping, so if u could help me with those primus 100% missions, it would be worth alot to me. give me a tell.

BTW. I logged in to find a GM wanted to talk to me on wednesday! It could be good news, and it could be the bad news. But there is still hope .
    Last edited by ODieLag; Jan 17th, 2002 at 19:06:03.

Hey, it was just a yal, not your entire proffesion screwed by Funcom
    (Yes, i am a AGENT, and yes i have QUIT)

that sux. btw, a GM talked to me after a WEEK and said that he couldn't find the yalm in my log. he was nice of course. He also said they don't have the tools to replace my yalm (like it could be that hard). Anyhoo, I'm still playing. This was not a definate "funcom screws u because they can't conform to what is right and true". So, I'll keep on playing and see.