Thread: Status check, please read this ..

Unhappy Status check, please read this ..

Status on my account,

Date of registration 2001-06-28 19:00:19
    Subscription status ACTIVE, CANCELLED 2002-01-16 (reversable until 2002-01-28)

This is the situation,

1) FC has according to my source put effort into other projects and AO is not on priority forfix bugs. The have a schedule that is not realistic and their SUPPORT consist of a bunch youngsters who cant do their job properly, i am amazed by their poor skills. I wont put money to such lousy company.

2) The bug report have 1 common thing, namely ALL of them show that they dont have a proper GARBAGE COLLECTER in the code so i keep running out of memory all the time. This error is from what i have understood related to the window operative system but with proper prgramming skill you CAN avoid that, and that is improving garbage collector you shall not CRASH. I do program as well many of you , you know this is very basic of all programming, this error is something amazing, i NEVER seen such in ANY GAME EVER, apart the old classical games in beginning of PC eras with newbie programmers.

3) The unbalance in game is caused by same fault as AC performed, they release patches without properly checking, come on, THINK ppl, all these nano errors, dont you think they SHOULD have seen this BEFORE release of all these BUG NANOS? How can they give us Death gaze without proper testing for example, or this MK shield thing, couldnt they think properly? I can give tons of examples of such bugs that they could have avoided. If i have to choose between quality and quantity i CHOOSE quality. The problem here is obvious, to MANY classes, the best procedure would be cut off many clases and with time work out SUBCLASS system.

4) High lvl playing , this mean ABOVE lvl 130 is totally pointless and DEADLY boring. This is the point many games falters, i know, but i exptected a company with a new product could have thought so long and studied other games faults.

5) The weapon+skill system have SERIOUS flaws, this together with range cap, PvP nerfs all these stuff making the whole game a playyard for twinkies and hip-hop player who thinks its great till they hit lvl 130+ and realize, wtf, why did i at all pay for this.

I think AO had a potential for be a great game, but what i serious is concerned about is this lack of insight in how FC is actually trying COVER UP this failure!!!! Look at it, take for example this free month project? Or friend program? Further this cap, pvp nerf etc is another example, instead of really work out the problem they destroy the fun for most of us player for some yerks is playing around.....

Final word: Gentlemen, this has been emotional ...

Wink hmmmm

hmm i re-activated my account yesterday .... ,)

'cause i think they'r not gonna do anythin if they run out of money ....

so here you have it, now implement those kamikaze bots ...... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by Fazun
    hmm i re-activated my account yesterday .... ,)

'cause i think they'r not gonna do anythin if they run out of money ....

so here you have it, now implement those kamikaze bots ...... ,)
    According to CZ and own post i have got Agent for example wont be fixed until SEVERAL patches, this mean SEVERAL months , i WONT wait so long i have been waiting for 6 months to have this game out of BETA , still not, your ppl's lack of insight bother me ....

Wink Re: Re: hmmmm

Originally posted by Fakewin

According to CZ and own post i have got Agent for example wont be fixed until SEVERAL patches, this mean SEVERAL months , i WONT wait so long i have been waiting for 6 months to have this game out of BETA , still not, your ppl's lack of insight bother me ....
    take a break, i did that too .... helps alot .... ,)

and yep sorry, i'm an engi so i can't really complain .... ,)
    tradeskillz ?

Re: Status check, please read this ..

Originally posted by Fakewin

2) The bug report have 1 common thing, namely ALL of them show that they dont have a proper GARBAGE COLLECTER in the code so i keep running out of memory all the time. This error is from what i have understood related to the window operative system but with proper prgramming skill you CAN avoid that, and that is improving garbage collector you shall not CRASH. I do program as well many of you , you know this is very basic of all programming, this error is something amazing, i NEVER seen such in ANY GAME EVER, apart the old classical games in beginning of PC eras with newbie programmers.
    Yes, there is absolutely no excuse for the terrible memory leaks. After a couple hours, my process can be over 150 megs easily and I've heard reports of it getting to over 400 megs. The graphics are good, but please... I play FFX for an hour then go back to AO, and its like Ms. Pac Man (then I go to daoc and its like Pong, but thats beside the point). If I remember correctly, PS2 has 32 megs of system RAM and 4 megs video RAM and its supposedly a pain to program for. I don't know if its crappy programming, problems with DirectX, poor initial design choices or what. But I do know that the AO client makes terrible use of my hardware.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com