Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why DAOC's customer service is 100x better than Funcoms...

If I had my way all you bean counting Fu##s would be washing the tires on my car instead of setting quota's that can't possibly be met by real human beings.

Originally posted by Ming
    If I had my way all you bean counting Fu##s would be washing the tires on my car instead of setting quota's that can't possibly be met by real human beings.
    Haha, Yup.

It's January again and about time for my genious bosses to make a plan for next year improving everything by 25%, at which point I can ask again how they expect to reach these goals just to be met with that shocked "you dare question me" stare. It's a wonder my manager gets replaced every year.

Got to admit though, they sure as hell are good at looking at numbers, they have no clue what they mean but every single one can tell if a number is going up or down.

I remember when this game was going thru an awful patch, its darkest days (12.6 patch) and the board was littered with people asking how many people are working on this game to fix the problems that patch created, and how many people are jumping ship.

Funcom remained quiet on it.

The only time i've seen FC release any customer details is when they had to sack 30 staff members a few weeks ago and the world press said they are now down to 150 people (or was it from 150-120 now, i cant remember)

Either way, they dont tell you these things because they dont want more customers to run away, during 12.6 if they had told us that over a quarter of the games players had jumped ship, then more would've....

we just had to catch on for ourselves by noticing the hunting grounds becoming increasingly more quiet...
    If ya can get away with it, try it.
    If ya cant get away with it, try it anyway }:-)

Originally posted by Dr. Sent

Haha, Yup.

It's January again and about time for my genious bosses to make a plan for next year improving everything by 25%, at which point I can ask again how they expect to reach these goals just to be met with that shocked "you dare question me" stare. It's a wonder my manager gets replaced every year.

Got to admit though, they sure as hell are good at looking at numbers, they have no clue what they mean but every single one can tell if a number is going up or down.
    I had a manager once who talked about all the new training that we would have to do (this to people who were already overloaded with work). When I asked him how we were going to have time to do the extra training, he just looked at me and said, "Well you're just going to have to MAKE time!"

Oh sure, I'll just whip some time up in my blender.

Oh and they told us we could NOT work overtime, because they didn't want to pay us overtime.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Originally posted by LevRivers
    The only time i've seen FC release any customer details is when they had to sack 30 staff members a few weeks ago and the world press said they are now down to 150 people (or was it from 150-120 now, i cant remember)

Either way, they dont tell you these things because they dont want more customers to run away, during 12.6 if they had told us that over a quarter of the games players had jumped ship, then more would've....
    Heck, back in the days of 12.6 is was nanometers away from quitting...but I hung in. These things happen unfortunatly, they just build it till you snap.

All this asking for statistics on how long it takes to get help is a waste of time. Time which they can be spending dealing with problems not wasting some poor sod to sit around crunching time sheets.

The majority of the petitions in game that I have posted in the last month or so have all been responded to within 3-4 hours...which I can't say is great, but as some keep pointing out DOAC say they try to average 5hr at the moment?

Has AO got problems? yes...but lets just leave the CS guys alone, they are only the poor sods who have to take the crap we throw at them, and for what they get thrown they do a great job, which I know I value. If you think AO is bad, go play UO for a month and you'll see how wonderful CS can be *very sarcastic laugh*. Getting a human to even listen to a support query their is a rarity! and if you do its "Sorry, but we can't help with that!".
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12