Thread: Guild banks revisited

Guild banks revisited

I remember reading a few threads in regards to Guild Banks. If the Guilds aren't going to have their Guild houses, can the designers of AO at least put in a new bank terminal just for guild members? It doesn't have to be anything super complicated. Add another terminal next to existing bank terminals and call it something like "Guild Bank".

The bank terminal should allow any character of any guild to access the terminal. So if the character is part of a guild, then that particular Guild's account window opens up. Anybody in the guild can either deposit or withdraw items from this account. If the person isn't part of any guild, then nothing happens when they click on the terminal. I personally believe this will make everybodies lives a lot easier in the guild. It appears to be very simple and there are no rules on who can deposit or withdraw as long as they're part of the same guild. Yes, it's an honor system which prevents an unscrupulous guildmate from emptying out the bank and selling it. But I think it would work out and it's a great way to distribute hand-me-down equipment.

What do you think?

sounds like something i have read before I like the idea .. just make sure it does not accept NODROP items

Maybe add some requirement like being above the lowset rank to withdraw items (to avoid people joining a guild, pillage the bank and leave)

But it would be probably relatively simple, and it would provide good help until guild houses and other such things are implemented.

It would be good to provide guilds with more tools than just a chat channel...

Guild Banks

Aye, I think this is a grand idea. I surely hope that the designers are looking into the guild functions more.

A guild bank could be placed in the Leaders Apartment or hmmm say 3 terminals *grins*. One for armor, one for weapons, 1 for misc things.

This would provide more control over who has access. Then if the apartment key can be duped, that would be used to be handed out to the folks. As the remark by another - of joining to pillage the guild bank would be lessened.

Then to have a Sell terminal for each of the guilds - where we could keep it stocked and set our own prices to help offset the Guild maintenance costs whenever they become implemented.

Unitsi Embar
    Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org
    ICQ# 2405061
    Last edited by Unitsi; Dec 19th, 2001 at 16:25:28.

I know it's not my idead

I know it's not my idea so that why I made sure that "revisited" was in the thread title. What I do remember from other guild bank threads was that the ideas were too complicated to implement IMHO. I would rather that the game designers work on other elements of AO before addressing such a complicated guild banking system loaded with multi-level permissions for withdrawls.

I thought that maybe we can suggest something that might appear a lot easier to implement. Keep it real simple and allow any guilder to withdraw/deposit into the guild's bank account. Let's see if we can get them to do this first before designing a huge guild banking scheme.

Are you reading this CZ?

Originally posted by MORB
    Maybe add some requirement like being above the lowset rank to withdraw items (to avoid people joining a guild, pillage the bank and leave)
    I see the guild bank as a easy way to distribute old equipment to newer members of the build. Intead of sitting around and waiting for a guildmate to log on to give you some "hand me downs", you could have just pulled them from the guild bank.

Pillaging and looting the guild bank sounds like a real heinous crime against fellow guildmates. It's something that'll have to be taken in account and addressed internally by the guild itself. I personally would take the view that if I put anything into the guild bank,then it's up for grabs. Like bringing a few pizzas and a case of beer to a party. Once you leave it on the table, it's up for grabs.

Yes, but the problem is with new recruits. How could you trust a new recruit who may someone who joined your guild for the sole purpose of stealing your bank ?

A simple check to allow only people who are above "applicant" rank would be enough to avoid that.

Yes, but the problem is with new recruits. How could you trust a new recruit who may someone who joined your guild for the sole purpose of stealing your bank ?A simple check to allow only people who are above "applicant" rank would be enough to avoid that.
    True enough. But I can't imagine all that many items sitting in the guild bank. If the guild is big enough, I would imagine that items would be removed fairly quickly by the lower ranks. I'm not disputing your idea, but all I want is a basic Guild Bank installed in the game and then later hack out some sort of security levels later. The Guilds really does need some sort of distribution system.

Will Funcom put the Guild Bank under the Christmas tree?

Well I run my guild's "guild bank"... just wanted to toss in some problems that we have run into so maybe funcom can work around it if/when they make this bank terminal for guilds.

1) people joining the guild, taking stuff out of the bank, then leaving. Cure I found for this is to not let applicants and unit members use our bank. Therefore anyone that is above the rank of unit member is "trustworthy"

2) We had problems with people taking stuff out of the bank and never replacing it or donating... Cure I found for this was when taking out new armor, you had to donate in your old armor. So upon trading for new armor, you HAD to give your old armor to the bank... that way at least it would stay stocked.

3) Then of course there was a problem getting high QL items into the guild bank since well of course they are worth good money on the market. Well we still really havn't found a really good cure for this yet except for the fact we are lucky to have some high lvl generous people in the guild.

I'll post any other findings I come across to help funcom out, maybe they can actually make a working and "fool proof" bank.

General Darkghosty
    *First Order*

Its not that complicated....

This may be diffrent from how funcom stores the data for the bank and inventory ect... however as a ASP // PHP programmer to select the right things out of a database u just do a sort on a "record". Meaning

----
    Sorta asp code

Select Rank From Guildbank Where Rank Equals <player rank>

Again, doing the above could run into some major lag issues with all the diffrent user defind ranks ect... Maybe if they put in a "set rank names of up to 5 or so" so this could be not be so complicated...
    ----

That is not the correct syntax, just made it to where you all would understand it. Again, I have no clue how funcom has there data stored but thats "the english" way to get somethign from a access/ms sql database (again not the correct syntax as in code wise)

Doctortease

since we talk code how bout:

const
    Put : boolean;
    Get : boolean;
    View : boolean;

var
    GuildRank : byte;

If GuildRank =< 3 then begin
    Put := 1;
    Get := 1;
    View := 1;
    OpenGuildBank();

else if GuildRank = (2 or 1) then begin
    Put := 1;
    Get := 0;
    View := 1;
    OpenGuildBank();

else

Put := 0;
    Get := 0;
    View := 0;

end if;
    end if;

ok I dont got much to do.. i admit it

ARRRGH! pascal! *flashback.. from... 9th grade comp sci... arrgh...*

Thumbs up I agree with an other idea

Why not to accord a key to the meritant members to access the org bank ?
    Or simply prevent the use of the guild bank only for the basis rank ?

So easy. Invite a new members. When his honnesty satisfy you, promote him, and give him access to the guild bank.

An other attitude is to not put in the org bank all the stuff. Only stuff you want to share to newbies. I give my best items to my best teammates, hand to hand. Dont you ?

Thumbs up Crime

I think a robbery is an offence.
    When a member takes an object in the guild bank, it could be mentionned in the chat window for all the members.
    The Guild Bank could be open only when the leader or advisors are online. So the guild leaders could keep an eye on the transactions.
    With the constant log of the transactions, a GM could blame the robber caught in the act, on a leader complaint.

The best idea i suppose:
    Only open the guild bank in the great assembly a guild can prepare, weekly. In this way, the guild bank inventory works like a grid trade market. Put and Get... Not a permanent storage.

Or just make one "compartment" per guild rank. People can only access compartments for their own rank or lower, letting the higher ranking (and often higher level) players have some sort of control over who gets their items.

hey guys, I hear Funcom has some "Secret surprises" planned for us.

So make sure we make a lot of noise when it turns out to be some junk like we got last patch.

Of course... some of you actually like the broken static missions!