Thread: VIEWBUG, the game is some time/places unplayable.....

Exclamation VIEWBUG, the game is some time/places unplayable.....

HI, is it only me who gets this bug:
    My screen gets kicked/punched miles away so i need to zoom in all the time. I cant see anything... and this has caused my death in pvp and hunting many times.
    Its so FRUSTRATING! It happens all the Time!!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes when i zoom in again, i get kicked longer adn longer away, i cant get back to my char ( if i dont go to 1st person, or zoom in ina 2mins or so )

PLEASE, if u are experiensing the some bugg, please reply!

Thx,
    lvl 89 Doc, lvl 75 agent. Clan. =)

Thumbs down Yep

I have experienced this same bug repeatedly. So far the only zone I've had it happen in is Pleasant Meadows. I am a soldier, so I pull most of the time when teamed. I like playing in 3rd person more because I see more of what's around me, but, because of this bug I have to play in 1st person so I don't get this 'zoom out bug' when I'm making a pull.

Its easy to recreate this bug. Stay in 3rd person view, then use the 4 and 6 keys on the keypad to pan to the right and left of the camera view. Eventually your view will zoom out miles away from your location.

Its a highly annoying bug and I'm hoping a fix is being worked on right now. I hate using 1st person view.

-Aikera, 84 soldier
    -Dezzie, 105 MA

Smile

CTRL-F8 pressed two times, while you are in 3rd person view will lock the camera in place a specified distance from you. Use + and - to zoom in and out and the numberpad keys to rotate the camera in place. Key-5 will also center the camera directly behind you.

I've tried pressing F8 twice to lock my camera view. It doesn't help, the viewbug still occurs.

Oh, and to add to the zones I've had it happen in, Lush Fields is another one.

-Dezzie, 105 MA
    -Aikera, 84 soldier

Its funcoms new zoom out feature. Lets all phrase all the new features we get in every awaiting patch!

I have this bug from times to times... Usually I can zoom in back again, but I have it often in missions, at random times.

I use the default 3rd person camera, which isn't fixed at a position regarding to your character.

Sometimes, it's following right behind me, I go through a door, and then it zooms all the way back. I zoom in again, move forward, and it zooms back again.

Yesterday, I had a more annoying variation where it zoomed so far away that it gone out of the room and some parts of the screen weren't covered by geometry anymore (displaying the same junk as the bugger doors), and I couldn't zoom back in because it collided with some scenery object that was in the way. I had to go into 1st person and move several rooms from there to be able to use 3rd person view properly again.

noticed that bug too, but it has only occured while flying... never happened while hunting...

when it happened, I tried zoning in a bit, and when switching to 1st person and back to 3rd again, my sight is back at the end of the zone.

i was able to hit the F8 button twice to bring it in fast, but it is an annoying bug.

-Mega

The camera needs a ton of work in this game. The thing is so amazingly annoying to operate and control. The Fixed camera is anything BUT that.

Drives me nuts that I can't adjust the height of the camera as well.

Funcom: get an employee to play DAoC and see how that camera works. You'll see what a real fixed camera is supposed to act like.

Re: VIEWBUG, the game is some time/places unplayable.....

Originally posted by Morradi
    HI, is it only me who gets this bug:
    My screen gets kicked/punched miles away so i need to zoom in all the time. I cant see anything... and this has caused my death in pvp and hunting many times.
    Its so FRUSTRATING! It happens all the Time!!!!!!!!!
    And sometimes when i zoom in again, i get kicked longer adn longer away, i cant get back to my char ( if i dont go to 1st person, or zoom in ina 2mins or so )

PLEASE, if u are experiensing the some bugg, please reply!

I have been seeing this problems in missions - I think it has something to do with the playfield geometry, as it tends to be the same places in missions (rooms with sofa/shelves, table, three doors). Its very annoying, and I've died because of it. Its best just to switch to 1st person view until you're out of the bad area.

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Thanks for the information listed here(how to recreate, what playfields it's happened in, etc). I'll be giving this thread to PQA to ensure its addressed and to give the information you've stated here.

As I must always say (and I'm sorry for repeating myself), pelase make sure you bug report this as well if you haven't already done so. Posting it here for me to read is good, but placing all the good information so it goes right to PQA is even better. It makes things get fixed faster.

Thanks everyone.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Re: VIEWBUG, the game is some time/places unplayable.....

Yes, I've had this happen as well, and this has been around as long as I can remember... meaning since the beginning of soon after. I get it only (i think) in missions, and usually it's in that cave room with four doors and some pillars in the middle - if there's a mob in that room I'm usually dead in a moment. Only thing I've found to help is to move around till the camera suddenly goes back to normal.

This has happened to me 2-3 times when I ran from the Newland grid towards the water. The camera zoomed out, and when I zoomed in again, I was in an empty Newland zone at the coords: 0.1, 0.1.

I had to find a zone border to get out of the empty Newland zone.. and then zone back in again.
    Christopher "Gogliostro" McClymonds - Neutral Circus Artist for Forsaken
    Epos "Levandri" Nine - Clan Tradesman for Forsaken
    Sherwood "Velorik" Cordiero - Neutral Patcher for Oddities
    Augustus "Cipheron" Shone - Neutral Leet for Oddities
    Stormbringer "Keelan" Nine - Neutral Mute for Oddities
    Prince "Vidorian" Swicord - "The First One"
    Joseph "Silensus" Markarian - Clan Memory for Concubia Nocte
    Prince "Kahveh" Delaet - Neutral Coffeemaker for Oddities