Thread: 2 PCs, 2 accounts...what to play?

Krevan

2 PCs, 2 accounts...what to play?

Well, I've recently acquired a second PC and subsequently a second account. I've been planning on starting up an MP and I'd also like to take advantage of my second PC/account by playing two characters at once. Now, I know most people would recommend a Soldier/Enforcer and Doctor combo, as that would definitely be the most efficient, but I've already played a Soldier to 92 and would rather try something different. What I was considering was an MP and Engineer, trimmed Engi pet plus the MP heal/attack/mez pet and the MP's DDs and stat boosts etc. Sounds like a very fun combo with great "solo" potential. Does anyone know if the MP heal pet can heal the Engi pets?

I'd like to hear some more suggestions before I decide, so if anyone has any fun/effective combos or just comments on my idea, please let me know. A Fixer would definitely be nice for the run buffs...hmm...so many options, it's so hard to choose .

Yes the MP pets can heal the engi pets. I would say that would be quite a combo to solo with those two accounts.

Er. That sounds like a bug.

Normal healing doesn't work on mechanical units (engineer/bureacrat pets), right? Normal healing meaning organic healing. So why would the metaphysisist pet do that?

That I couldnt answer, but I know that I team with an Engi and I have my heal pet on his pet. I honestly don't think its a bug, just a feature.

Originally posted by LRRH

Normal healing doesn't work on mechanical units (engineer/bureacrat pets), right? Normal healing meaning organic healing. So why would the metaphysisist pet do that?
    MP's healpet can heal anything... i do mean *ANYTHING* that includes the mob that killed you cause you accidentally moved your healpet there instead of a teammate/other pet during a bit of lag heh.

I don't think it's a bug that it can heal an engie's pet and think it's one of those working as intended things. To answer the original question, yes an MP+engineer combo is pretty darn powerful because the engineer can summon such nasty bots with the MP buffs.
    Last edited by Tetra; Jan 6th, 2002 at 00:16:06.

MP pet healing

I asked about this from Cz on IRC and he said MP pets can and are supposed to be able to heal anything and asked if this was too good?

I declined to answer that and I am not even sure really if it is too good or not but yes, MP pets as it is, are supposed to heal engie pets if MP so wants.

Zarch and bunch of other chars between 3 and 136

Engineer 136
    Agent 121
    NT 82
    Enforcer 73
    Soldier 50

Originally posted by LRRH

My low level [35] 'crat uses the general healing nano on his pet all the time.