Thread: Lag Worse Lately?

Lag Worse Lately?

The last four nights (USA time post 8PM EST) lag has been terrible all over ... towns, missions, in the boonies, and chat channels themselves. Have spoken to hunting partners and guildmates and it does not seem to be just me. If we're hitting some saturation point, this really needs to be a huge priority to fix. Please.

I will have to agree with you..from 7-10 the lag is madness.
    Atrox Enforcer

Headcracker

Thanks for confirming this, i was worried it was just me. I usually crash very seldom, maybe max once per day, now i crash at least 4-5 times, cause screen freezes in crowded areas. Lagging bad when arriving crowded areas, worse now, than the latest months. Maybe there is more players?
    NT phone HOME!!

Funcom's probably just taking servers offline to save money. They're going bankrupt.
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I don't have the crashing problem since the last patch. But maybe the lag at those time periods is due to server load, bandwidth load. After all that is when I would assume most people get on and play in the states.
    Atrox Enforcer

Headcracker

Angry Lag?

Last night i was sitting with my hunting party ready to go on the attack again and chatting away when suddenly i was (Scooty beam me up!) teleported to the reclaim and dead. I guess a greater grim wolf aggroed us and killed us while we were chatting. None of us saw this coming.... It was so lame.
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Lag is definately worse since the last patch

I noticed it immediately after running the patch. And it's not due to more people, etc. I play on RK2 and after the patch have experienced terrible lag when playing when there was only 5 other people in Trade.

There's just no point in meeting people in Trade anymore until this is fixed.

They may have a memory leak in their server code. The zones tend to be laggy. Then the zone will go down (crash or bounce), and it'll be ok again.

Re: Lag is definately worse since the last patch

Originally posted by ZanEridath
    I play on RK2 and after the patch have experienced terrible lag when playing when there was only 5 other people in Trade.
    5 ppl in trade... MUAHAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHAH
    NT phone HOME!!

i was thinking that my comp had a prob lately and defragmented the hard disk. Didnt help. Glad to hear others having similar problems the last couple of days.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Smile Dont be rude...

It was just the chat server... Down during 30 minutes...
    With consequence on all the transaction speed.

We name that: work in degraded mode.

Lovely effect, isnt it ?