Thread: Hey Funcom (about AO from the box)

Hey Funcom (about AO from the box)

I was just curious if you guys periodically update and send to retail stores the cds in the box? What I mean is - are they updated with the latest patches? I'm just imagining how much it'd suck if I had to download 50 megs before I got to play the game. =) And when entire new monsters and playzones are introduced, there will be even more to download.

I don't work for Funcom, so I can only guess, but i doubt they do. Generally games boxes arrive at retail store with those little security stickers on the flap already inplace (the store usually places the magnetic ones), and I haven't worked at any store that would be willing to even do that. It would be nice if the updated the CDs as the patches come out for new players. No game in the past has, to my knowledge.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

I just recently bought a second boxed copy of AO, and it started out at a higher patch level than my original preorder. I think it was 12.4 if I remember right.

Originally posted by griemdaall
    I just recently bought a second boxed copy of AO...
    Sorry.

....hehe, im funny (<- cheap shot at grammatically correct EQ players )
    Symone
    Level 80 Clan Agent

- Assembler Research Group, Inc. (MIA)
    Head of Covert Ops