Thread: What's perception good for besides..

What's perception good for besides..

chests. I know that what you find in a chest is mostly deturmined bye your perception rating (many doubt this but me and a friend tested it.. he never put a drop of points into it bye lvl40 I had 200+ at level 40.. he found mostly empty chests.. and if he found items in chests it was 1-2 things. 90% of chests had stuff in them for me.. and usually between 3-6 items.. albeit mostly junk lol.)

So I'm upping perception.. it being green to me.. when ever I can. My Fixer is lvl14 now and Perception is maxed for the title.. anyone know what else it does???

OH and off topic, just so I know. what is the LOC of the new dungeon in Longest Road?
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

good theory on perception, i need to test it some.

to get to the LR dungeon: take a left at the second crossroad; head south and go to the 'Foreman' entrance. i think.

Perception is suppose to make finding traps easier. Of course I use to put my bomb disarm tool on chests without checking and if there was a bomb it would disarm it. I don't even bother with that now since traps really aren't dangerous. Early on it was also for spotting concealed players on your map in PvP areas. Don't really know what this is for since you can just look around and see a "concealed" agent getting ready to pop you. As for making chest items better or more numorous I've never heard of this or noticed a difference with my fixer. I maxed perception on my level 70 Fixer until about level 30 and haven't put a point into since. Never once have I seen more than 4 items in a chest and 4 is unusual. This has been consistant from level 1.

I'm skeptical about perception affecting the loot from chests too, but I'll check it out the next time I do a mission with a group.

Do some testing.. It's the truth

Mind you this was early on.. within the first month of release. things may change.

But yea my ATrox friend hardly found stuff at all were as I rare saw an empty chest and the loot within was RARELY less then 3 items. Like I said back then the crap you find in chests was just that.. crap.

After that day when we did missions together he ALWAYS had me loot chests and just give him his half lol.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"