Thread: Why are Multi Melee requirements insane?

Why are Multi Melee requirements insane?

It's just sort of a curiousity thing with me.

The main reason I'm bringing this up is not because I want to dual Rider Executioners or whatever it is people do. No, I wanted my new adventurer to use her nifty Right Slice she picked up and an Energy Buckler, or perhaps one of the Metaphysist Shields.

A Quality Level 6 Bucker or Shield requires 158 Multi Melee.

Excuse me? What in the -world-?

Was there some huge exploitation fad that caused this to happen? Did wearing a puny little shield-thing break the game? Why, exactly, do I need to either a) twink like mad or b) get to level 50 or something to wear a dinky little QL 6 shield with whatever main weapon I'd be using by then?

I must've missed another memo..

Well first of all, I'll say cause noone else has - That shield/weapon combo isnt going to be viable above level 2 :P

*But*

All weapons have some kind of *base* multi melee requirement. A QL2 rider exec may have what, 30-40 or so? Noone can get that at level 2. But a level 4 rider doesnt have a 80 requirement - And a level 8 rider doesnt require 160 etc

At low levels the requirements are generally out of reach, but for *most* weapons (melee weapons) it does become reachable later on.

I'm actually not looking for it to be viable, just to look nifty. ;)

Anyway, from looking at items, I've come to the same conclusion. Thanks for confirming it. =)

OMG meta shields (not the summoned ones) are such junk!

No reason to use them, but damn dont those npc meta's hit HARD with them?
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL