Thread: Bugged backpack collection from chest in mission.

Bugged backpack collection from chest in mission.

This surprised the heck out of me.

Finishing out a few rooms in a mission, I came across a chest. Being the curious (and thieving) character I am, and anyway they were all dirty clan bastards, I opened the chest to find: a small backpack, a medium backpack, a large backpack, and a book of knowledge.

Score!

I try and open one of the backpacks, by right-clicking on it. It.. does nothing. Tried the others, and the book. Still nothing. Upped my heretofore ignored Adventuring skill to 21, to be able to wear the small backpack. Tried right-clicking, tried wearing, then removing, then clicking again.. nothing.

So I zoned out of the mission, and tried all of those things again. -Still- no dice. None of them will open. Zoned out from where I was (Omni-Pol Barracks/Screening Area) into Entertainment, again tried.. nothing.

Made my way over to Trade, to sell off other things I'd picked up; lo and behold, someone on the OOC channel reported the -same problem-: they'd found a set of the three backpacks, and none of them will work.

Anyone else run into this? Is there a fix? Are they broken beyond repair? I'm not losing sleep over this, as I'm not the packrat (rollerrat? ;) some people are, with their banks full of backpacks and items; I don't need these in any way. But I am curious as to why they don't work.

Yup i got these 3 packs and book too.None would work,but the vendor bought them off me just the same hehe.

Unhappy Bugged Packs

Yup, same thing happened to me also! To add to that it's happened to a number of people that I know....I'm keeping the packs...maybe they'll actually be fixed..

Angry

same here but the bug also makes it not possible for me to turn in mission items as well, I tryed a reinstall, updated mouse drivers, and tryed another mouse, no dice, or rather i should say cheese.

paganboy

Happened to me again, different character. To tease me with such containers of wonderful.. uh.. container-ness.. and then not let me put anything in them! For shame.

I got this one too. I was sad that none of the containers worked.