Thread: Day 5150 -- Journal Nikki Dial

Day 5150 -- Journal Nikki Dial

Meeting with the enemy...

I wish I was a warrior sometimes. My job though is to meet with the enemy in a diplomatic sense. This war has to be negotiated by someone, and unfortunatly it has to be me. I'm not complaining, but both sides can be so damned petty.

Most people get confused exactly why this war is taking place. In a nutshell its a struggle over mining rights. Each settler is promised a portion of the mining rights. This agreement does two things.

First it gives Omni-Tek a workforce based on a mostly greed system. They don't have to worry about pay scales since each man, woman, and child can decide their own destiny. All Omni-Tek has to worry about is making sure everyone has a full stomach which is easy enough to do these days.

Two it helps Omni-Tek spread out in the universe, even to the not so desireable areas. They take minimal risks for maximum profits. Truely a business orientated society, Omni-Tek has spread further than any other empire.

Phillip Ross though, he is trying to stiff the settlers of Rubi-Ka for some reason. I'm not sure his reasons for doing so, but he seems pressed in some manner. Im not sure if it's some pressing matter in another part of the universe that he needs the notum for. Heck it could be Phillip isn't really the supreme leader of Omni-Tek. It could be he is screwing us over to advance himself withen the upper, yet unknown Omni-Tek hierarchy. Whatever his reasons we are the ones paying for it.

I often lie to both sides, just so I can break up the stale mates that arise at every meeting. So, this makes the meetings ever changing. This can make things seem longer but often makes people come to a conclusion faster because of their unwillingness to continue. Thats basically the essance of every negotiation, get everyone tired of the talks then make them bring it to a conclusion. The thing is you have to walk a tight rope because that conclusion could mean annihilation of the Rubi-Ka residents. I have a level head for now though so all the talks are going the way I want them to.

Hmmmm, my head hurts...again. Yet another long day at the negotiating tables...........

Re: Day 5150 -- Journal Nikki Dial

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Im not sure if it's some pressing matter in another part of the universe that he needs the notum for. Heck it could be Phillip isn't really the supreme leader of Omni-Tek. It could be he is screwing us over to advance himself withen the upper, yet unknown Omni-Tek hierarchy. Whatever his reasons we are the ones paying for it.
    Phillip Ross is NOT the leader of Omni-Tek. He is "merely" manager of their Rubi-Ka operations and is as such a small fish within the company. This was clarified by official Omni sources back when people started wondering why his "ID-number" is 000000002 (implying that there is someone with 0000000001).