Thread: Is that a rollerrat in your pocket...

Is that a rollerrat in your pocket...

Probably a known bug, but I've only seen it the past couple of weeks. A trap goes off on a chest, big explosion graphic, but no damage, no blind, no Earth-shattering kaboom. Just, one rollerrat. That's all. Usually orange to me. Kinda cute. Doesn't attack me. Seems to accept Pet commands, but just ignores them. Won't even follow me. I think I understand the thought, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the intended result.

Sathar, 37 Neut NT RK-1

I don't believe it to be a bug considering in your chat window you'll see the following:

A rollerrat wakes up!

I think maybe the idea is for it to roam around and attract the attention of other mobs perhaps ... not sure as it usually just stays in the room that it spawned in.

It's a cute diversion from the standard bomb-go-boom-hurt-you trap.

Perhaps. It doesn't even do that, though. I'm sure having a MOb pop out of a chest is intentional. It's just that it doesn't actually _do_ anything. Nada. Zip. It is cute, though.

Sathar

I'm betting that it is supposed to attack you. Since it is orange, that could be real trouble for some players.

Scorus

It won't attack you as it is a "scared rollerrat". I assume its purpose is to be a pet for those who have those abilities. It does nothing for me except report its location. I tried to draw a mob into the room with the rollerrat to see what it would do, but no luck.

Has anyone one gotten one to do anything?

same thing here, it reports; that's about it.

i hope it gets quasi-normal non-combat pet abilities. it would make looking for chests more fun if u get to have a pet for the duration of the mission. the next step would be to take it home with u and raise it like a virtual pet thingy.

Well, since a trap releases it, I would assume it's intended to be hostile (or at least reasonably aggresive). The pet option is a nice thought, and would be kinda cool, but still not what I'd expect. Either way, it should probably do something.

Sathar

Originally posted by hobbes
    It won't attack you as it is a "scared rollerrat".
    A lot of animals in the wild are quite harmless unless they get scared, that is when they are most likely to attack.

Scorus

Scared animals run, but cornered animals fight. But, to be honest, the reason I said they don't attack is that you cannot attack them, therefore; they are either your ally or just neutral. I have encountered about 20 of these things and never been attacked. I have tried to attack them but I get a message saying I can't.

Re: Is that a rollerrat in your pocket...

Originally posted by Sathar
    Probably a known bug, but I've only seen it the past couple of weeks. A trap goes off on a chest, big explosion graphic, but no damage, no blind, no Earth-shattering kaboom. Just, one rollerrat. That's all. Usually orange to me. Kinda cute. Doesn't attack me. Seems to accept Pet commands, but just ignores them. Won't even follow me. I think I understand the thought, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the intended result.

Sathar, 37 Neut NT RK-1
    Ask an Engineer about this trap I believe it is working as intended...

Engineers are allowed only 1 pet

the rat increases ur pet total - so if u have a nano that requires exactly 0 pets, this is a nasty little trap - it affects charm nano lines as well as pet classes.

if u dont have pets, dont sweat it

Not anymore... It's not classed as a pet now, but doesn't aggro when it appears. Boys and girls, the rat is toast!

Cheers,

Hoss.
    "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?" - Robert Browning

Leroy "Hossley" Prabel
    Lv 82 OT Fixer - RK1

Yes, you can now attack the rat for additional xp, but only if you choose to do so.

I'll pass this along so the intended results can be looked into (and to see if what is currently happening is intended). One question I would like answered....who put the rollerrat in the chest? The Rubi-Ka Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Mutants and Aliens would go nuts.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Re: Is that a rollerrat in your pocket...

Originally posted by Mustafo

Ask an Engineer about this trap I believe it is working as intended...

Engineers are allowed only 1 pet
    This engineer hits /pet attack and watchs rollerrat give him 1700 more xp. And even if i ignore the rollerrat it doesn't affect my bot or me creating a bot.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club

Thumbs up -

When a rollerrat pops out of a chest, I kill it, because I can.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by Scorus
    I'm betting that it is supposed to attack you. Since it is orange, that could be real trouble for some players.

Scorus
    Nah i'm allmost possitive that this rr should actually be a nice little suprise! I think the whole meaning with it is that you should be able to use it as a pet and attack the enemy........but you know FC, they screw everything up! *adds another bug note in my papers*

/drwizzz

Well at least you can kill it now and get some more exp so it's useful in that respect.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain