Thread: Some suggestions to make playing engineer more interesting...

Lightbulb Some suggestions to make playing engineer more interesting...

How about allowing engineers to remote control their pets? like making nano that connects caster with their pet and makes it posibble to control em directly, but at the same time makes it imposibble for caster to move while nano is active.. and drains bit nanos to keep link active...

Or making it posibble to create engineer usable robot armour that could boost armour class of the user and add some good boosts to certain skills, like martial arts, brawl and increasing physic int? making engineer considerable fighting machine... but at the same time, limiting engineers abilities to use nanos, healing kits and stims... and making armour only take certain amount of hits before it gets broken when engineer has to make another one (via nanos)...

How about giving us variety type of pets?I remmeber in Eq,mage have 4 different type of pet to choose from ,and different pets affect player play style and tactic.
    For instance,a backstabing pet test player ability to proper position his pet during battle or a fast hitting ,able to stun pet usefull while facing caster type monster or a high hit point,low damage pet good for soloing.
    Not trying to compare with Eq here. My idea is having different type of pets where each pet should able to fit into one kind of situation.Hopefully,this could force pet owner to carefully choose the right pet to met the need of situation in which they are facing.
    Last edited by Leumas; Dec 29th, 2001 at 10:10:32.

You want attractive engies? Get funcom to make some nano-breed models that don't look like they were pulled straight from a horror movie
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

I just think the engineer should have more gadgets and robots. Maybe he should be able to fit his robot with a number of weapon attachments. Do away with buffs and make it a 100% gadget class. You should be able to afix a rocket arm to your robot, a jet pack, more armor...instead of damage buff, run buff, AC buff.

personally I'd love to see a spy robot, basically a non-combatant flying camera with a real high conceal rating that lets the engineer scout out an area with little to no danger to himself or the party (i.e. if the camera gets killed by something really frisky it doesn't immediately know to go kick the engineer's butt two miles away), it would probably need to be some kind presence transference like what the trader's mind switch is like (engineer body goes dumb and non-mobile but player has full control of the spy bot), and there could be trade skill one use only accessories like maybe a lockpick to get through doors (no looting chests from afar) and the scanner (search feature) to maybe find traps early for the party.