Thread: FunCom! Please ADD NEW MISSION LAYOUTS! New Styles! New Rooms!

Exclamation FunCom! Please ADD NEW MISSION LAYOUTS! New Styles! New Rooms!

FunCom!

The simple fact is... missions are the where we all spend the MOST time! They are the most efficient use of time in the game for aquiring both experience and especially money. Running through the same layouts over and over again is getting very, very old!

You have done SO much with the great cities, outdoor spaces and especially the nightclubs... NIGHTCLUBS! But, please... the missions are just so repetitive!

The way I figure it, there are about two dozen "layout styles" for missions, divided between buildings and caves... The same kinds of rooms are strung together in very similiar styles from layout to layout.

You MUST have designed these things to be modular! You MUST have planned on adding more and more varieties of room styles and layouts! That MUST have been the plan, right? I don't care if it does take up another gig on my HD... I'm sick of looking at those same damn rooms over and over again!

Please say you are at least working on this!

/bump
    This is an important "ISSUE"<---

yep, I agree. This is most notable when doing token missions and having to clear everything. The same layout (more or less) of the same rooms, for 4 or 5 hours a night gets real boring.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

There are many different mission layouts that appear only in certain areas. If you alway pull your missions in a certain area you always get maps of a certain type.

I've done TONS of misssions (250+ tokens now) and I still run into new layouts and rooms regularly when I take missions in different areas.

I wish they could implement some kind of quests, where you have to go different places, talk to npcs, get some item or info etc, and of course get an awesome reward when finished
    NT phone HOME!!

bumping with myself

regardless of the way the rooms are strung together... the rooms themselves are the same! I am actually ecstatic if I happen to see a new room TYPE that I haven't seen before! It happens, but very, very rarely... so I know they are able to add them!

I don't know if new missions room types get added in client or server patches, but I know it must be possible. surely they should be doing this on a constant basis! If it adds to the size of the game then so be it!

Originally posted by Garzu
    I wish they could implement some kind of quests, where you have to go different places, talk to npcs, get some item or info etc, and of course get an awesome reward when finished
    someone gave away their EQ background

I dont want it to be eqish, but I would like to see a more emersive game with more "puzzles"
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I had a mission once that was just one big cavern with a WATERFALL in it.

Haven't seen it since.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

bumpin time

MY FREE MONTH IS ALMOST UP!

If one... only one (1) game related persona... CZ or Cozmic or whatever... will just pipe in here and say "Yes, we will be adding more new rooms and layout styles in missions" then I WILL RENEW my subscription!

C'mon people... throw me a bone here!

Bigger rooms, with wider doorways and less crap strewn about...

mean

fewer LOS and pathing issues, as well as better pet performance and less lag.

If Funcom did nothing but overhaul missions and fix tradeskills next patch, alot of people would be happy.
    -Cheddar-

Some free advice
    Don't beg. It makes you look like a beggar.