Thread: repost Not truely roleplaying

repost Not truely roleplaying

I deeply apologize for the last post here is my repost in an easier to read format. Ok I got some concerns that I think players need to be aware of. Ok first off we all know that anarchy online is a skill based MMORPG we like this idea that is why we are playing and investing our time and money in it. Now we all also know how difficult it is to use equipment that we need for our lvl. First you need implants and skills to use those implants and buffs needed to use implants, armor, and weapons which all need skills as well. All good indeed but what happened to our trade skills. What would make it worthwhile to invest costly IP's and credits in. Now comp lit and nano programming maybe worthwhile to invest in based on your profession. However what about other professions that have light blue to green trade skills, for instance a fixer most of the trade skills are light blue, or for a better example a trader with lots of green trade skills. Now a trader would make sense to invest in trade skills so he could trade, hence, a trader. Now what would make it worth his or her while to invest in these green skills whereas he has mostly dark blue other skills. What can he or she do to use to trade skills to trade for loot or credits that no one wants to trade for, hence making the trade skills not worth the expensive IP's or credits to maintain. Now the trader is not using his trade skills to trade therefore not truely roleplaying, because its not worth while. The same thing applies to other professions. In my opinion trade skills should be worthwhile to the professions that the trade skills apply to for both high lvl and low lvl players, and thus turning the game to a truely roleplaying game as well as making players happy in that they have the pleasure of roleplaying at the same time enhancing his or her character from the low lvls to the high lvls and be worth our while to invest those IP's and credits in trade skills. Making to the game more enjoyable to those that have just started the game and for those that are high in lvl and have been playing for a long while. Hence a truely roleplaying.

good grasshoppa, you learn caps lesson well.

tomorrow we will teach you about paragraphs

Im just picking on you!

I deeply apologize for the last post here is my repost in an easier to read format. Ok I got some concerns that I think players need to be aware of. Ok first off we all know that anarchy online is a skill based MMORPG we like this idea that is why we are playing and investing our time and money in it.

Now we all also know how difficult it is to use equipment that we need for our lvl. First you need implants and skills to use those implants and buffs needed to use implants, armor, and weapons which all need skills as well. All good indeed but what happened to our trade skills. What would make it worthwhile to invest costly IP's and credits in. Now comp lit and nano programming maybe worthwhile to invest in based on your profession. However what about other professions that have light blue to green trade skills, for instance a fixer most of the trade skills are light blue, or for a better example a trader with lots of green trade skills.

Now a trader would make sense to invest in trade skills so he could trade, hence, a trader. Now what would make it worth his or her while to invest in these green skills whereas he has mostly dark blue other skills. What can he or she do to use to trade skills to trade for loot or credits that no one wants to trade for, hence making the trade skills not worth the expensive IP's or credits to maintain. Now the trader is not using his trade skills to trade therefore not truely roleplaying, because its not worth while.

The same thing applies to other professions. In my opinion trade skills should be worthwhile to the professions that the trade skills apply to for both high lvl and low lvl players, and thus turning the game to a truely roleplaying game as well as making players happy in that they have the pleasure of roleplaying at the same time enhancing his or her character from the low lvls to the high lvls and be worth our while to invest those IP's and credits in trade skills. Making to the game more enjoyable to those that have just started the game and for those that are high in lvl and have been playing for a long while. Hence a truely roleplaying.
    Last edited by Yazule; Dec 21st, 2001 at 17:07:49.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

thanks, yazule, now I can actually read the post without getting a headacke

Seriously:
    Muertala, you have some kind of point here, which I agree to. A trader I know has invested little or no ip's into trade-skills. But that doesn't neccesarely mean he don't roleplay, does it?

Anyway, having lots'a tradeskills, which few or noone uses... well, at later lvls, we are more or less "forced" to use them. The biggest nano's isn't sold in stores. They must be constructed by discs you find in loot, and by other stuff you need to buy from shops.

Also, there ARE some viable weapon that can be constructed, which I have met some people actually doing