Thread: Tradeskills: Nano crystals vs. Weapons

Tradeskills: Nano crystals vs. Weapons

Why can every nano crystal on Rubi-Ka be constructed, but only a few weapons can be made?

I'd guess there's about 1000 different spells and all can be made via tradeskills. Again...i'd guess there's about 300 different weapons and only like 50 can be made?

On your marks....GO!

no way

No way this can be a constructive debate until more accurate data is presented.

As of 13.0 there were still many nanoprogs that were without their accompanying instruction disk. Furthermore, even with the instruction disk, photon particle emitter and other pieces required to build a nanoprogram, the carbonrich rock is more rare than nano armor. Without carbonrich rock, it doesn't matter how many possibiliities there is for creating nanoprogs, you just can't do it.

As for the weapons, I've heard tales of engineers building weapons without instruction books, and unless you've been in game and seen the new tradeskill kiosks, I don't think your in a good position to judge the availability of those books.

That was a weird answer if i can even call it that.
    [list=1][*]Can you show me one nano prog without it's instruction disc? If there are so many why didn't you bother to write it down? I mean, there are many and i'm sure you can just put them down in a sec, right?[*]An excuse about a rare component is just lame, aparently you don't know where to look for it.[*]You want a constructive debate and you are telling me about some tales you heard, that's a good one I ever heard. You can't make custom weapons buddy. You can only make what it says in the construction manuals and even that does work like 50% of the time because of the bugged construction process. About 50% of weapons you try to make stop at some step and can't be made and I tried a lot of them, speaking as a lvl 144 engineer.[*]Hello? ALL the construction books are on for you to see on Rubi-Quest you only have to open your eyes. Btw, i've seen the new tradeskill terminals. Actually, I'm looking at them for 2 weeks now on the test server where I play almost every day.[/list=1]

I wish I could make vektor shotguns. Nearly everyone that raises shotgun wields a vektor. Why do I want to make a chunkprojector, triplejolt or black hole generator? Just a few of the many useless guns that can be created through the "trade skills".

C'mon funcom, the trade skill system looks like it has a lot of potential, but all you can make at the moment is total crap. The only skills green to traders and engineers (I think) are these trade skills that are useless or dont work!

The trading kiosks are a good start to something better. The only thing the kiosks have done so is sorted everything out so its easier to scroll through and choose what you want.

I dont know about the melee weapon improvement trade skill yet - I couldnt find any reference to it in the new kiosk.

Looks like I'll be converting monster parts for the rest of my character's life....
    Last edited by dire11; Dec 21st, 2001 at 05:25:31.