Thread: Social + Armor

Social + Armor

So, why the change? Why not have the ability to wear some types of clothes together, or even armor? Sometimes, a piece of armor looks good with that Miir. Or, I like the top of a Back slot swimsuit, but like the bottom of something else. Well, no can do. Why? It just doesn't make sense. It was working wonderfully until what seems like a totally pointless change.
    -=*Lunaria*=- The Honored Maidens

The term "social" armor is somewhat misleading. It is not the Miiir clothing that is social armor, but the armor suits that cover the whole body, this includes battlesuits and Grid Armor

The reason you must strip before slipping into social armor is easy to see, Regular armor + a battlesuit would put your AC's above 10k easily, and Grid Armor + regular armor would give you those sweet evades at no cost...

(At least this is what I think you're talking about, correct me if I' wrong)
    Basher Tarr, Engineer, and damn proud of it!

(really)

Oh no really? I haven't tried that yet....

Is it one more flawed incentive to remove your "buffed on" armor.

I never understood the reasoning behind the social armor thing to begin with.

Why are battle-suits social? Shouldn't there be suit armor (one piece armor) that applies to such pieces?

On related issue, why is it that martial arts suits are social (I'm talking about the suits you can buy in the cloting booth), while most cloaks are not?

I think that it would be very cool if I could wear one of those as an MA.

Making them MA only, and giving them some added benefits would be even cooler...

But I will settle for unsocializing clothing

It seems that almost every time something gets fixed in this game, graphics get worse. Tank armor, no matter if red or white, looks brown now.

Yah. Battlesuits SHOULDN'T be "social" armor ... because they hardly have social aspects to them other than, "Hi, I'm here to kill you."

The social armors that we have currently shouldn't be social "armor".

I say change or make a new category that battlesuits fit into ("combat armor") and remove the restrictions from social armors onto the combat armors.

That should solve our clothing problems nicely I think.

Problem: Battlesuits and underwear are categorized the same.

Reasoning: No clue.

Solution: Make battlesuits and undwear not be in the same category.

Result: Everyone happy and battlesuit restrictions will still be in place.

I think this issue is fairly significant and deserves a bump.

Social armor is silly. Give us a separate clothing tab, or some solution so we can wear clothes.

I love the kung fu suit idea as well. Keep it as a back item, but make it like a coat, with AC. No? You want everyone in the game to look the same? Ok fine with me, I'll go get my lizard vector and be off to hunt decus coats in missions and killing medusas then.
    BLAH.

Seriously, there's so little variety which is a serious shame considering all the artwork that never gets used. Could it be because "social armor" requires one to strip which is simply not going to happen?

I'm sure it's difficult to let go of the notion that players should be punished for over-armoring, but in the end... a separate tab for clothes is a great idea. Afterall what's more fun, having to decide between being a badass and a fasionfreak, or being able to be a badass by day and a badass fasionfreak by night? And remember kids, fun is what it's all about right? FUNcom. Yeah, that's the spirit.

That's my whole point, well sorta.

I'm not talking about armor that gives any benefits what so ever.

I'm talking about that Blue Swimsuit for example that fits in the back spot. You used to be able to wear that, then put other clothes over it to give a unique look. But no longer can you do that
    -=*Lunaria*=- The Honored Maidens

Cool clothing

I would like to wear the kungfoo suit when I am roaming town. But it is too much of a pain to de-equip everthing I am wearing to put it on, I will just get a tatoo and maybe a shirt instead. Also, the robes and kungfu suits don't look right on my opifex MA. The colar cuts into his neck.
    -Omnitek is your fiend
    Claybats the Sane
    Idahoe | Kalderon | Claybats | Meyna