Thread: Backpacks

Backpacks

Today, I was wondering about backpacks, and what the difference in capacity was. So, I asked around and tried a few things, and found this out.

Other than icon, there is currently NO difference in any of the backpacks.

They all hold 21 items (even the Pioneer pack, which adds a few other minor effects). Large, Medium, and small all hold the same amount.

My question: rumor has it that there were several bugs being fixed with backpacks (other than the 'container gnomes' which are still ever-present). What should become of backpacks, and will there be any improvements in the near future?

Here are my suggestions:

1) Make different sizes hold different amounts.
    Seems simple enough. You pay 8k for a large pack, it should hold more. Nope. Not the way it works. It holds the same as the 1k small pack.

2) Have Adventuring skill affect the amounts you can put in a backpack.
    We tested this. It currently does not. Skill at 75 packed just as much as skill at 150. Someone said they read a post somewhere where a dev said this was an 'in progress' feature. Any word on this?

3) PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE: Make different icons for backpacks, in differenc colors.
    I don't care if they all still hold 21 items, please give us 10 or 15 different shades for backpacks. I have a hard time keeping my inventory under control with what we have.

4) Make backpack inventory UI resizeable.
    Scrolling just sucks when your juggling inventory, especially when you're trying to do any kind of trade skill. Please make the windows resizeable so that we can see more contents of the pack at the same time.

Thanks.
    http://www.titanmining.com

Suggestion : Offer backpacks in different colours at the store.

Regards,
    Itburnz

Being able to resize them is a must. I would even be happy if it were to open up to see all the slots avaiable. If it holds 21 items.... it should show all 21 slots when open. Smae goes for your inventory. Being able to use the scroll wheel on my mouse does make it much better than it was but still.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01