Thread: Internal Omni-Memo leaked

Internal Omni-Memo leaked

"Master, I bring terrible news!" The Omni-Admin Guardian ran up with its arms flailing in the air.

Administrator Houston was admiring the view from his window office in Omni-Admin HQ with a Steaming Hot Cup of Enhanced Coffee in his hand. He ignored the droid for a few more moments as he calmly finished it before finally turning to see what the fuss was about.

"What is it that you want that was worth the intrusion during my break?" He let a hint of annoyance show through his voice.

The droid seem to shrink back a bit from its master. "Sir.... you remember that memo you wanted me to send out?"

Administrator Houston nodded slightly. "Yes, and you've told me that it was sent out yesterday." Narrowing his eyes. "Don't tell me you lied about it."

"Oh no sir, I would never think of doing such a thing. Not that your operating parameters will allow me to do so even if it were possible." The droid calmed a bit before continuing. "I did a routine follow up to make sure that the memo got to its intended destinations. There were some..... unintended reciepients."

If Mr. Houston were still drinking any coffee he would be spitting it out right now as he stood up. "You sent it to the wrong people?!?"

The droid paused, carefully composing a response. "No sir, I have sent it to the correct destinations. It would seem that a third party has tapped into our internal grid lines and gave themselves a copy."

Administrator Houston opened the lower right drawer from his desk and removed a pistol. He took a clip and loaded it with an audible 'click'. "Come with me Guardian Droid, we're going spy hunting."

[OOC]
    Report of the leak.
    The report itself.
    [/OOC]
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Jenny sat by her terminal in Jobe, reading news and private memos, when suddenly it beeped for a new message. "Strange," she thought "...no sender. This better not be any gridvirus...". But no, it wasn't. Instead, she was reading a memo from OMni-Admin, clearly not meant for her eyes. Somehow, this had been leaked, and someone had taken the initiative to spread the word. Giggling, she quickly sent a copy of the report to the gridforums of her organization, so the rest of Assembly could read it too. Wasn't like it was a secret anymore.

Sitting back with a hot cup of Boca-tea, she wondered just how many heads would be rolling in Omni-Admin for this one.

Sitting down at my gridfeed I noticed there was an urgent notice fron Jen..

To: Tussa

hmm this is really nice.. I will get this type set and sent out to as many Clansmates as I can find Jen..

Street corner posting maybe

Drew
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Marisha sat in her Rome office, as her desk’s holographic display, reading the report of the leak and data on its proliferation through the north.

“An internal report warning of militant clans and the weakness of our current civil defense, mysteriously leaked and made public.”

She stared at the images a moment longer before whispering to herself, “The strategic thinking…. Brilliant.”

With a wave of her hand, she closed the displays. “Desk, begin compiling a list of security conscious departmental heads. We need to start making phone calls.”
    Marisha Durousseau, War Dominatrix of The Honored Maidens

Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright?--CEO Nwabudike Morgan, "The Ethics of Greed"

Read Marisha's Journal, and see what she's doing

After having read the memo and report, Jen simply shakes her head with a long, tired sigh, then leans back in her chair, a thoughtful yet slightly unnerved look on her face.

"...Riiiight", she whispers in the silence of the office, for herself, or maybe for an someone unseen? "I've told 'em to keep a closer eyes on their mainframe an' update their security protocols every few days... I told'em... dammit even my daughter could hack in there without problems... B'fore tightenin' security and guards in town, they'd better make sure 'bout tapping and internal leaks...!"

She stays silent for a moment after this, her head slightly tilted on the side, as if listening to an answer, then flashes a brief half-smile. Taking her keyboard, she quickly begins to type a brief message.

To: Clarissa DelRey [Grid Unit]
    CC: Administrator Houston [Omni-Admin]
    Subject: In need of a tracking test

Given recent leaks,

Asking fer a security and tracking test to be performed on Omni-Admin mainframe as soon as possible within tha next two-days timespan. Ports, security layers, firewalls, black I.C.E, and please set a high priority level on user permissions and encryption protocols to be
    renewed. My Grid-operators are at yer disposition to help conductin' tha tests and tracking. Thanks.

- Jen Markarian
    ."
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --