Thread: The Pillows

Thumbs down The Pillows

I play a Nano Tec, and keep seeing Nano Tecs running around with pillows. I know they give good bonuses to nano skills, but they look terrible.

You have managed to create a game that looks stunningly good, and yet you leave in such a ridicoulusly looking item. This lessens the experience for everyone who values the esthetics of the game.

Im not suggesting to get rid of the pillows as such, but replace it with something that would look cool.

Come on, you can do it. Design something else with exactly the same requirements and bonuses and just change it. Easy as that.

It sure would make my day along with a whole bunch of others.

- Khayne

Talking Totally agreed

I absolutly agree..... The pillows may be good at adding stats and stuff, but come on. They Do look stupid, might as well add the emote /Thumbsucker, becuase in all reality who the hell would carry a pillow around but a Baby.

Even if it was a brief case I would be happier, or anything that would better fit the context of the game. Either that or we're supposed to make fun of these dumb looking people.

Cymon
    36 Omni soldier

~Booze is the answer to avoiding the war, trust me.... and my happy bartender~

I agree, I'm no fixer but I've seen the pillows and they are just stupid.

OMG please don't hit me with that pillow, please, I'll do anything n o t t h e p i l l o w ......................arrrrrrrrrrgh

lol...
    and what about humour?

What about cake-grenade? I saw that last day. C'mon, pillow is for a laugh so please... laugh!

Keep the pillow as is. We need this kind of thing in AO world
    Suel, ADV, RK2
    Omni, my body is yours... But not my freedom.

Please forgive my frenchy english.

You should look stupid!

That's what you pay for the boosts (besides the IP). I actually turned down two pillows for the looks of it. =) ...and the small hunch that they were too good to not be nerfed.

Post More pillows

As i've already said, dont get rid of the pillows. By all means we need some humor in the game. Just dont make every NT dependent on them. That makes an entire profession look lame...

Im sure this was not the intention. If this was an experiment to see if the player community would sacrifice coolness over effectiveness, the results should be pretty clear by now.

- Khayne

Bane RK1 43 NT

Yes please change the pillows to something better looking like a shield or something.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

I vote for keeping the pillows! You have to be able to laugh at yourself in life...

Scorus

Why not make identical items with different graphix?

Like a shield or something with identical stats but different looks. Then people could choose between having good stats+looking stupid and having good stats+looking good.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf