Thread: Vehicles still unequip after zoning

Vehicles still unequip after zoning

Supposedly vehicles wouldn't unequip any more after you zone, but they still do.

For some yes, others no.

My plane unequips while zoning. But a friend pointed out that since it's 60% sense, and I have one sense implant in, I probably don't meet the playshift requirements on the vehicle. However, the plane I use requires 89 air vehicle, and I have 98. I don't really know my base skills, but I think that one sense implant wouldn't affect air vehicle *that* much? I do max sense, but gah. Annoying.

Some people report that they can zone with their plane. I can't.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

I have no problems zoning with my plane. However, one of my friends does have a problem. It is most likely not counting implants in the zoning process as part of the check on meeting reqs. I have my ability boosted naturally, and his is with implants.

Garnock

yalms unequipping

Regardless of the reason, FC said it was fixed when it is only really partially fixed. On my way to EFP with a team, I was the only one had any trouble with their yalm unequipping after a zone, the other 5 people in the team had no problems with their yalms unequpping. So, 5 out of 6 working properly is better then the stats before, but please, its rather annoying to us in the minority.

If this information helps, I have an implant with a vehicle air skill boost installed. So I'm assuming maybe the implants still aren't being checked in the proper order.

Please fix this bug entirely.

Thanks,
    Dezzie
    Omni MA, lvl 105

Most Yalmahas, but No QW work

Okay, so a 5 out of 6 fix isn't that bad, but the fact that they claim to have fixed Quantum Wings the same way is a complete fallacy. No one I know with QW can zone and keep flying. This was clearly not even tested before they stated it was fixed, considering all it would take to test would be one flight to a zone line anywhere in Rubi-Ka.

Originally posted by Garnock
    I have no problems zoning with my plane. However, one of my friends does have a problem. It is most likely not counting implants in the zoning process as part of the check on meeting reqs. I have my ability boosted naturally, and his is with implants.

Garnock
    Thanks for that information Garnock. I know implant checking has been a problem in the past, so your statement does sound plausible. I'll check with QA to see to see what's going on and bring you guys an answer.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

But what about QW?

Hey Cosmik, can you check out Quantum Wings too? There is definitely still a problem with it. Just run it on yourself and zone and I guarantee you'll be on the ground with no QW when you get to the other side of the zoneline.

Re: But what about QW?

Originally posted by Dudicas
    Hey Cosmik, can you check out Quantum Wings too? There is definitely still a problem with it. Just run it on yourself and zone and I guarantee you'll be on the ground with no QW when you get to the other side of the zoneline.
    Sure thing.

Hopefully this will explain advens that drop reet form when zoning. My 28 adven has this same issue with zoning and dropping reet form everytime.

Granted its only 11 NP to recast but it still seems dumb that I would have to recast this everytime when I meet the requirements with my implants in. I would hope that active buffs and implants woudl always be checked for upon zoning. These are very valid ways of having a prog running or equipping an item.
    -----
    "NT's can't over equip armor beyond implants and general buffs (no insane Intelligence or Psychic buffs) and can't overequip weapons since they use direct-damage, damage-over-time and nanoformula methods that require your actually stats and buffs to be active for you to use them. Don't complain about us being powerful when you obviously haven't even played one past level 100. NT's - the original red-headed stepchild of Anarchy Online." - Zaal

I could zone with my plane yesterday, if it was over ground. I tried it over water and got stuck in the water like always before.

Before this last fix, my plane didn't de-equip like everyone elses, had to do it manually. Strange.

Planes

Zoning Over Ground Causes you to Fall and Take Damage. But no Unequip and you can get back up and fly out of there.

I have my Vehicle air pumped up with IP no implants.

Ditto Zoning over Water you get stuck in Swim Mode.

also if you get killed in water you stay in swim mode when you reclaim. Depending on where you Rez at you can be stuck in the Geometry without being able to get back to water to Unstick your self
    I used to be an Agent now I'm a Gimp
    I'm paying how much for this?

QW and Yals...

I personally don't see what is the issue. Why CHECK to see if someone matches the requirements to be in the yal or have QW even running? You had to have it to get into that form and it isn't something that will last a real long time. You can't do anything but fly while in the Yal or running QW.

I personally dislike my QW dropping every time I zone. It means I have to keep my prebuffs refreshed for any zone wall.

Anyway, just my 2 cents!

Re: QW and Yals...

Originally posted by Blitzer
    Why CHECK to see if someone matches the requirements to be in the yal or have QW even running?
    Yeah, this does seem rather ridiculous. Given how many other things stay "operative" despite dropping below requirements after equipping, making vehicles an exception is silly. It actually makes sense that once you're in the vehicle, you get to use it regardless of what changes while you're in it.

Considering the rather large number of problems which appear to be directly associated with this vehicle req. checking, is there really any compelling argument not to just disable all the vehicle/flight zone req checking? Disabling it would magically make all these zoning problems/bugs disappear (or should make them disappear, given what FC's said is the cause).

Is there really such a seriously exploitable case if players are allowed to remain in vehicles/flight/etc. after zoning if they no longer meet the requirements??

Is catching that exploit case worth the substantial amount of grief it's causing to all the law-abiding vehicle-using players??

It certainly doesn't seem like the checks (to catch a few) are worth the problems they are causing (for all).

From the 13.4 patchnotes (if you already hadn't noticed):

When zoning to an indoor playfield with a vehicle equipped, it will no longer drop to your inventory, but be disabled. It will then be marked red in your wear view. When you enter an outdoor playfield again, it will automatically be enabled.

So there you go. The fix is on its way.

Originally posted by Cosmik

When zoning to an indoor playfield with a vehicle equipped, it will no longer drop to your inventory, but be disabled. It will then be marked red in your wear view. When you enter an outdoor playfield again, it will automatically be enabled.

Dat's cool. But... I always un-equip my vehicle no matter where I zone because the playshift thingie doesn't take my sense/agi implants into account. Was something mentioned about this? Sorry if I missed it.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Originally posted by Cosmik

I don't see anyone here complaining about their vehicles not re-equipping when they leave indoor playfields. In fact, I don't recall seeing ANYONE complaining about their vehicles not re-equipping when they leave indoor playfields. Was that really considered more important than fixing the 'outdoor playfield zoning causes vehicle to de-equip' bug?

I DO see lots and lots of people (myself included) seeing their vehicles de-equip each time they zone from one outdoor playfield to another. I suspect we outnumber the people complaining about 'vehicle de-equips when entering indoor playfield' by quite a bit
    The "fix" described doesn't seem to address the bug most people are complaining about.

Any word on a fix for the problem mentioned in this thread (and a couple of others), namely vehicles de-equipping when the player crosses between OUTDOOR playfields?