Thread: A radical suggestion: reorganizing dimensions

A radical suggestion: reorganizing dimensions

I don't know what forum this should go under, so I'm throwing it here with the knowledge that those in the know will move it if there is a more proper space.

I have an idea that will solve two problems that have gotten a lot of forum time lately: the difficulties of running a storyline on two servers; and the problem of the mix of RPers and non-RPers in AO. Many on RK-2 have felt neglected as far as events are concerned and many on RK-1 were disappointed by the immaturity and OOC comments of attendants of the trial (and most of the other story events). So, what if Funcom was to borrow an idea that has proven successful in the industry:

Make one of the two current dimensions an RP dimension and leave the other for players that are solely interested in the other facets of the game. Allow all characters, and this is the part that may prove impossible technically, to make a one-time decision as to which dimension they wish to play on and transfer them if necessary.

I know this would temporarily disrupt life on both dimensions, but in the long run I think it would be great for the game. This would allow Funcom to focus all their storyline attention on one server, give RPers a place to play where they would not have as much trouble with non-RPers, give non-RPers a place to play where they would not have as much trouble with RPers, and perhaps make everyone just a wee bit happier?

I have been ridiculed in game by non-RPers when I have tried to RP on more than one occassion. Wouldn't it be great if we had had different dimensions to play in so that neither of us would have had to put up with the other?

Just a thought. As always, I leave the technical problems of such a move to other people to have to deal with.

Scorus

How many RP'ers are there though? It looks to me like they make up less than 3% of all the players. Don't get me wrong, I could care less if they get their own server, but they'll get bored and never even see each other.

I would recommend migrating all of the accounts from one to the other and using the second for something experimental. Like perhaps a 100% mayhem world. YEAH baby, now THAT would rock!