Thread: The Line has been Drawn

The Line has been Drawn

Sorry for taking this in a /ooc manner.

Just wondering what Omni Orgs out there are Pro Amnesty or Anti Amnesty.

TDC-Anti Amnesty

It isn't a question of being anti or Pro Amnesty its a question of being Pro or Anti Omni-Tek.

Some members of Omni-Tek today proved they are Anti-Omni-Tek.

Now its up to Funcom to decided if they are for the first time in history of a MMORPG that I can remember are going to introduce consquences for player actions into a storyline.
    Last edited by Founding; Nov 28th, 2001 at 14:11:59.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

TheOrderOfChaos is against unenforced amnesty.

And we are pro-OT. I didn't walk through that little door in the beginning for nothing.

LostLogic
    President - TheOrderOfChaos

Tell me about it. Every member of TDC should be expelled from Omni-Tek and turned into a rebel for their actions against the Omni establishment. They're just as much a group of rebels as any rebel clan is!

(that and it would be fun to have Truwind and co on our side. lol, imagine the butt kicking omni would get with us all combined. muahahaha)
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

OOC

It's not necessarily the case that those fired from Omni-Tek are gonna end up busom buddies with Clanners, Snarf...

Why is Omni-Tek firing them? Because they're defying corporate order by killing Clanners on sight. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" does NOT ring true in all cases.

CoT and Red Freedom is not going to accept those who butcher their members.

Ideally, they should be forced into a fourth alignment...something like "Outcasts" or "Exiles", KoS to both Omni AND Clan...the only people who MIGHT accept them are the Neuts.

I mean, this is just what happens when you make enemies of everyone. Nobody's gonna want you on their soil. TBA and DC are pretty tough, so they could survive out in the wastes...but hey...

You reap what you sow.
    Lt. Jaime "Silky" Kiewiet
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

> CoT and Red Freedom is not going to accept those who butcher their members.

Why do you make the assumption that rebel clans are Vanilla or Chocolate? We're not. My clan is neither part of CoT nor part of Red Freedom. We'd gladly welcome The Dark Carnival to assist in our ultimate goal.

Snarf

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

Talking ...Really?

>We'd gladly welcome The Dark Carnival to assist in our ultimate goal.

Oh you would, would you?

You're playing a dangerous game indeed, then.

You'd accept power-hungry warmongers who vow to wage a near genocidal war to exterminate the clans into your fold?

You think they'll consider you their leader for long?

You think when you're vulnerable they won't stab you in the back?

You think other Clans will look upon you in a good light?

The CoT and Red Freedom might believe in freedom for the people...but they have their limits. How would they react to you and your clan harboring war criminals?

You'd side with TBA and DC, who want you dead, before you'd side with loyal Omni-Tek factions, who want to bring peace to this world?

Do you even know who your friends are?

Accept TBA and DC...and you risk exile yourself.
    Lt. Jaime "Silky" Kiewiet
    Division 9 R.S.G.E.
    Covert Operations
    Opifex Assassin

> You'd accept power-hungry warmongers who vow to wage a near genocidal war to exterminate the clans into your fold?

As long as they don't exterminate ours and as long as our goals are reached, sure.

> You think they'll consider you their leader for long?

We don't have a lord. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major affairs....

> You think when you're vulnerable they won't stab you in the back?

Not any more likely than they'd be to get stabbed when vulnerable by us

> You think other Clans will look upon you in a good light?

We have befriended the clans that matter. The clans with power and with momentum. I'm sorry my friend, but just because some tiny clans issue press releases daily does NOT mean they wield any power or influence. Our clan is part of a very nice unofficial alliance with Storm, for example, amongst others. We just don't sing and dance about it. (our rather silly claim over Tir was an exception, an absurd ironic jest at how pointless press releases are).

> The CoT and Red Freedom might believe in freedom for the people...but they have their limits. How would they react to you and your clan harboring war criminals?

Oh, how would they react! They would react by calling a meeting, issuing a press release, creating an amnesty, calling on us to be peaceful and happy, issue another press release stating that they have called on us to be peacesful and happy, and then create a committee to discuss the creation of a council to deal with the problem. Oh, then they'd issue a press release.

> You'd side with TBA and DC, who want you dead, before you'd side with loyal Omni-Tek factions, who want to bring peace to this world?

Well we were talking about the hypothetical situation whereby DC were expelled from Omni-Tek, in which case they are rebels. We want DC dead right now (I think Destrux and I proved that nicely yesterday). Peace is of little interest to us. Omni-Tek has enemies outside of Rubi-Ka too you know. The universe is a big place.

> Do you even know who your friends are?

The Shadows are our friends.

Snarf

MOTHER is against rebels taking advantage of the amnesty to use our resources and backstab us at the same time. We support any effort to end the conflict, weither it means absorbing the clans peacefully or by force. It seems that it is going to be the latter, the way things are going on a person-to-person basis.

If the clans wish to be employed, I am not going to stop them - but as a lose band of people away from OMNI-Tek rules and regulations they post a threat.

If the clan members really wanted peace, their guards would be respecting OMNI in their territory as well
    General Mege
    Minister of Political Affairs
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Mobile OMNI-Tek Heavy Emergency Response
    --
    Mege - Atrox Union Man
    Meger - Atrox Worker
    --
    Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.

Truwind your Statement is wrong it is Are you loyal to the Corporation or Traitor Anyone who breaks Amnesty is Unloyal and should be canned

The shadows aren't pro-clan.
    We're anti-omni.
    There's a big difference

Snarf

OT Foreign Affairs Division, altho pro-peace, disagree infinitely with a treaty signed by unappointed representatives of the factions. There are far too many variables for anyone to trust a treaty such as this, and as far as i recall we saw the accords broken repeatedly within the first few days of its signing.

I am of course referring to the infamous Athens accords.

While we praise the attempt at a peaceful resolve, we despise the lack of professionality and devotion going into the process. People are dying, and i'm sure most of you will agree when i say we have no room for laymen and savages attempting the work of educated politicians.

- Bureaucrat Akushin
    OT Foreign Affairs Div.

re

First Order is neither for nor against the Amnesty, instead we choose to follow orders. Orders which dictate we follow the Amnesty.

We may not like it, but an order is an order.