Thread: Still another pass for the Doc.

Thumbs down Still another pass for the Doc.

A new patch is comming out tomorrow.
    But whom, and what PROFESSIONS are getting the attention?
    It sure is -N O T- the Doctor !!
    Why not FunCom ? Why.. please ?

Again, another profession is being give NEW and or BETTER improvments for the chractor, and the profession that they play.

Oh yes.. there IS 1 ( one ) SINGLE improvement in the Doctor lines, a small amount of time added on a low nano, that is so totally useless for a Doc.

Ok, so you do not give the Docs a true weapon skill, that all other professions does have one.. I do not mind (smiling here in disgust) that should I choose to wear a weap, dumping them into Shotgun skill, so that I can wear my Vektor, ..that at level 91.. even going into lvl 60 mission solo, the greys that are in there can kill me as fast as the ones in my own lvl ..of 90.

Alright.. fine, Im a Doctor.. a Healer, and Funcom has seen fit to give us all these wonderful HEALING nanos.. but HOW can I use these same useless nanos, that patch after patch after patch you will not, and refuse to take any consideration and improve them, so that we CAN use them, WITHOUT being aggro the way we are, rather it is a Single Heal or Team Heal.

Funcom sees fit to add a line of Biomed armor for the Doctor. Well, I am sorry.. I just do not see the benefit of this being for the Doctor.. as in order to even WEAR any of the armor you MUST add heavy skill points into skill areas that are Blue.. and for what ? Armor that gives the bonus of +5 to First Aid, and +5 to Treatement.. when it takes SO MANY skill points for these 5 points ?

The Doctor is the poorest profession in the game Funcom, we all know it. You say you have implemented new items and goodies for which is useful in making credits and ' making things ' but as you and we all know.. they only half work properly. Ive seen other professions get some ' costs ' lowered because they were not 'balanced' right in the game.. But HOW does the balance here work, when when you compaire the 'costs' of Nano Rechargers vrs the Ammo. There simply is NO ' balance '.

Each new patch, I read and see that other profession gets improvements on their items.. for their professions.. but what of the Doc? Why doesn't our Surgery Kit work yet like it is supposed to?.. Why does the Medical Clothes sometimes work.. and some times not. And Tutoring!!.. That skill is a Doctor skill for me.. GREEN.. but why, has this not been fixed yet ? Why is it, that when I cast Team Heals on my team, that it interferes with ' other profession ' and causes all nanos to be ' nanobot is busy ' or when I cast Team Heal, anyone that is flying their plane in my team causes them to fall out of it ?

Yet here it is again, time for our Wednesday patch .. and still again, there is NOTHING said done for the Doctor profession and it's woes.

When will Funcom give us Doctors, the same improvements that we all read here.. the considerations that you have given to all the other professions. I do hope that it is soon, as I am finding this game to be less and less * FUN * .. something that you claim, and have stated you want us to have.. and more and more agrevaiting to the point of quiting. And if having to quit a game that I do find fun.. then when I am approached as to what kind of game this is.. I will no choice but to tell my friends and family.. excately what kind of game it is.

Thank you,

Rosey - Doctor

On the contrary, the Doctor is one of the STRONGEST professions in the game - but it so happens that it is also one of the most infuriating.

I gave up on my TL3 doc and started over. I now have a fairly balanced trio-classed character; a doctor with strong MA skills, and high trade skills. I can build weapons 5 levels above me (at level 27), use MA moves a few levels above, and still heal about where I should be... but everything else has taken a dump.

Soloing with a doc is, and should be, very, very difficult. Tehy aren't just not made to fight - they are made NOT to fight. Unfortunately, most things in the game are BASED around fighting.

The real things they need to fix are auto-agro and the money focus. Auto-agro makes sense, since you WOULD attack the healer first, but since being a healer means htat you pretty much sacrifice all means of defense (my TL3 doc was using armor about 20 levels below her own, and guns more than that). Unfortunately, hunting isn't very lucrative a profession, esp when dumping so much cash into rechargers.

And this is another primary reason docs can't solo; they can heal like MAD, but they run out of nano VERY quickly. What we *really* need is a humidifier of a decent quality level, since when soloing, you CAN'T recharge, and thus run out of nano, and thus your poorly-armored life VERY quickly.

Side note about hte bio-med armor; it is VERY, VERY powerful at low levels, where I've seen twinking out the arse, and level 4 characters with FULL suits, while i've only found 2 sleeves in 30 levels, and at high levels, it does absolutely nothing.

HEAR THAT, FUNCOM? HUMIDIFIER FOR DOCTORS!

I do not agree

Sorry, I can't agree with that. There are bugs about docs, but doc are certainly not the weak one on Ruby-Ka

Well, I'm level 78 only. It will maybe change later, but... until now, I had easely kill many green and most of the yellow that attacked me. I even had been victorious of orange. And... I'm PURE HEALER! (the ip cost to raise any of my combact skill is 10 ips).

How do I that? Well... right now, I use a low poison (30 dam) that I got in a chest, I think, and a nuke that do 150 dam. I just run around that orange or yellow monster and cast-cast-cast when I have nano enought with my nano stim. How many hps do I have? like 1.1k, I think... What ac? A very cool miniskirt and a ~ql60 cyber (I just have upgraded to the nano serie armor, but I don't have fighted since I did)

About cash? Well... why don't you ask cash to your friends? I started this since last patch, and most of my friends gives me tons of cash. I got more than 3 mil last week... plus many cool equipements Nano, Armor (even a ql147 nano boot!), implants... everythings I need. It looks that my friends are indeed happy to give or loan me the good stuffs. I had been many times told I should ask... Now, my friends know I will accept and value their gift. Why not?

Now, about the agro things? Well... it's bad to say, but... when your team do enought damages, you are not or very few agroed... It is certainly not more dangerous to me than to others.

Gwen69

You don't fight on social red mob respawn points very much, do you?

Docs do generally very low damage in battles, and usually have to choose between heal or kill. Granted, I CAN solo, it is just harder. Throwing Direct Damage and DOT nanos at a single green/yellow mob in a mission are fine and all, but it doens't get you very far in the "hard to play, entertaining" bit.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

I forgot...

I forgot...

What about the nano? We have already, from far, the best nano on Ruby-Ka! I don't talk about our heals that are kinda our weapons, but...

- We have HoT, nuke and slowdown attack nanos
    - We have the #1 buff of all Ruby-Ka, the one that never, never, anyonre refuse: the hp buff
    - We have a HoT and an second hp buff!
    - We have grid!
    - We have nano init 85!!!
    - We have traitement
    - And we have Str&Stam ...that makes us rather badabase when we should be weak.

So? What do you need more???

Gwen69

Because casting those would cost 3-4x our nano reserves and last for about 2-5 minutes in most of the cases? The places I play, those die in about 10 seconds. They also take up insane amounts of NCU that most people would rather use for theri own things. The only DOc buff I reguarly cast is the team HP/regen boost - the rest are short term, emergency, intensive, etc.

As for the attack nanos, well, yea. The direct damage are nice, but hardly nukes. Most professions can hit for that much with a regular shot. Like i said; most of my concentration in battle is in healing, which, now, auto-aggros all of the mobs in sight on your non-recharging, quickly dying arse.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Again I have to say, Calm down... I mean it.
    Not to you again but let me finish

At least they have touched the doctor, maybe only 1 fix but, have you seen them touch the enforcer recently, do you see us moan? no.

I think us enforcers set a good example. Calm, peaceful, big and fat most of them are, (not me) but, stop complaining, you think they can answer everyones post, fix every single bug, chnage every class, they are not god, let them do their work. Im gunna send an email to FC saying how good they have done and to keep uo the good work, I have no problems with the game.

Just wait, they'll do somtin fer you docs.

Where do I hunt? Well... for fun I do missions, for xps I go to mort cyborg. Not a realy hard place, but I do that since I'm 63 and... it works. So, why not?

Well... I don't say that our fighting nanos are gret, but they exist and are not that bad... They are as good as... the ma heals, maybe?

You don't use short time nanos? Why not? HoT is by far the best heals/nano ratio, and temp hp gives you a way to heal BEFORE the hits

It use nano? Well, yes... but that's just a cash problem... And a tactical too, I agree Do you want a doc, or one-more-tab-q char?

You value solo? That's great, but... you will love adv or ma, then. It's said (I think) that doc are "the" team only oriented healers... If you want to heal yourself, do an ma. If you want to heal small team, do an adv. Simple enought, no?

Btw, do you know a beter nano for caster than the doc's nano init? I don't.

Gwen69

Unhappy lvl 100 blues

Dont bother trying to solo mission after lvl 100. cant even do a 40% by myself...(Max MA skills with ql 125 ma plants and still cant kill a green) I have all the lastest dots. 125 tick and 75 tick. working on DD burns. still use shatter bone. Have almost 2.8 melee/ project ac. Bah still cant do it. The GD mobs have so much hp and wasting precious nano on chain casting shatter is out of the question. /sigh only have 57 tokens....(I knew i should of done more missions when i was lower lvl) When I was lvl 50-80 I could do solo missions very effectively. Now I cant even get past the first room. The only way I can do missions now is to have my enf friend come and help me (btw enfs and docs are the perfect team)

Cash wont be much of a problem if u have a good group that will fund ya a bit. I always have enough to buy at least one more set of chargers. Money for NFs and armor dont bother (when u get higher up) gotta use the slotmachine (mission terminals) for my NFs and pretty much all my armor. Sure u can buy it from other people ( like docs have money to burn) but its easier to get them as rewards when u have a partner or ur guild can help u in this department.

Yea docs at higher lvls are very group dependent. But grouping is my favorite thing to do so I dont mind
    -If u have fun its a good day...erm um night, oh whatever u know what I mean!

-Any moron with a pack of matches can start a fire. Raining down sulfur takes a huge level of endurance. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer.- Dogma

-It hurts doesn't it? Your hopes dashed, your dreams down the toilet. And your fate is sitting right besides you. - Rounders

-Swicky is trying having fun -

-Master Rock Collector-

-Proud Member of Ecodisaster-