Thread: Why !??

Angry Why !??

Funcom,

I've been playing this game since July, I cancelled once and resubbed to find out if things had improved. The reason I left was due to the changes introduced in 12.6. Up until that point I had been enjoying the game, it wasn't completely stable, but when it was up it was fun to play. Then along came 12.6 and my biggest complaint creatures that could heal themselves. Suddenly yellow creatures who should have been tough became impossible no sooner had I knocked their health down to half point they would heal back to near full strength. This did not in anyway improve the game it turned a fun game into a frustrating game, life is frustrating enough without your game adding to the situation.

So about a week ago I gave it another try and you hit us with 13.0. Suddenly not only could creatures heal themselves, their armour was so tough I could hardly dent it. Greens could wipe the floor with me, yellows would take over an hour each to defeat. The game has gone beyond frustrating to an insane level of difficulty.

This is pathetic, I realise that you needed to slow levelling down, how else were you going to get people to stick around for the 4 year campaign. But at the rate you are going you won't have any customers in 4 years time. Next year you need to compete with Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft. Frankly at the rate you are going you don't stand a chance.

Stop the constant increasing of difficulty, make the game fun again before the game becomes a ghost town.

Paul.

yellows would take over an hour each to defeat....

This is pathetic....

I realise that you needed to slow levelling down...

Next year you need to compete with Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft...
    An hour?
    I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

Maybe your character is pathetic.

Increasing the XP per mob at higher levels indicates that they aren't trying to slow down leveling. I did 3 missions and a bit of grouping last night and got 900k XP. I even died a few times and lost 150k XP.

If you think SWG and WOW will be out next year, you are hopelessly deluded. City of Heros will have minimal impact in the market....gameplay looks incredibly shallow and character development/uniqueness are non existant.

If you are having that much trouble playing the game, why don't you ask for tips?
    First off, what is your prof, breed and level?
    Also, what equipment are you using and what QL?

Next year you need to compete with Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes and World of Warcraft...
    1.) If you think Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft are going to be finished by next year, you're on bad crack.
    2.) You have to realize that not *everyone* who plays AO is an MMORPG addicted EQ reject. They don't do other MMORPG's simply because they are less buggy. Some people actually have taste.
    AO has to compete with Neocron. No one else.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

people on the whole know what games they want.... for me, none of the above. AO has me sucked in and making an investment of time and cash. the only "similar" game on the horizon that I really *really* want is neverwinter nights, but I aim to make both that and AO co-exist. AO has a great story that I want to see unfold. It has many well known problems, but so did every other MMORPG at launch. the only one I think will have less issues is star wars galaxies, because Verant have existing tech. but I'm not interested in that at all. how many people will walk around saying "I have you now, koh-kheee" hell, take UO third dawn - the beta testers said that shuldnt be released. and thats a company with experience of shipping buggy product - oops, I meant MMORPGs

take EQ, I bougt it as a European customer and it took about 10-40 mins to even log in. I asked for a response on this several times and was told that unfortunately they couldnt help me, and it was not due to get fixed.... the day I was going to tell my guild that 30 mins of trying to log on just wasnt fun, they had patched and fixed it.

thats the way it goes, large bugs can get fixed and solve a multitude of others. I will admit I was having more fun in 12.9 than 13.0, but I'm confident that the issues will be fixed.

and.. thanks FC for the open version numbering system you have, it really helps when discussing things like this.

Talking

It doesn't take me an hour to lose to a yellow!

Heck, a green can own me in less than a minute.

But, that was my choice. I have very low AC for my level because I spent all my IP on tradeskills.