Thread: Hey ...ahh, Cosmik. Can we get the word on the min hits to mobs?

Question Hey ...ahh, Cosmik. Can we get the word on the min hits to mobs?

Havent seen you post in a few days now and was wondering what the story is.

Is hitting green mobs in missions for min dammage a bug or not?

Thanks man
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Exclamation

/me pokes head in and looks around.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

you know... this is a very hot topic. Worthy of a "we are working on it" ya know. Just look here and here and here ...oh and dont forget about this one. There are even a few ideas floating around out there.

be nice to hear from you guys.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

/me hands you the Mod Poking Stick (c)
    Savant is the one who usually posts the "I'm gonna report this to the devs" posts. Cosmik usually just waits until he has an actual answer.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

So...do they even know about this issue??

Probably. We've been posting so much on it. The dev team probably just haven't given back some good info on it yet. Patience, grasshopper.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Unhappy Couldn't agree more

Just adding my concern about the MoBs (especially human ones) in missions now.

One of the greatest concepts in AO is the mission concept. A way to make money, make exp, and the tokens were brilliant. In every respect you really have succeded in making a game that is FUN to play...low down time...ability to solo....good game content.

Then suddenly everything changes. Missions no longer pay out the money one needs to support ones character. MoBs in missions become impossible to fight.

Many are now afraid you are going the way of EQ and others by making the game harder and harder to play (read that less and less fun). Most of us left the other games and came to AO to get away from that frustration.

It has never made sense to me that as a character increases in levels the game makes it more difficult to get ahead. It is as though levelling is penalized. It shouldn't be the oposite either...it should be...balanced.

I know you are trying to do the right thing and sometimes it takes a while to shake the naughty bugs out. Just want you to know, however, that your origianal concepts were RIGHT!!!! Stick with them. Resist going down the road of all those other games everyone is leaving

AO is the kind of game I have been looking for. Please don't make it into a clone of all the others.

Thanks.

it certainly deserves an answer, it was the biggest change in the game with the 13.0 patch and we dont even know if it was a mistake or if it was intended (please say this was not intended)

Cosmik answered here for any one that missed it.

Thx Cos.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01