Thread: Weight limit is going insane

Weight limit is going insane

What's up with weight limit? Until 2 days ago I used to carry with me 10 backpacks of stuff and I never before reached the weight limit (dunno if it means anything but I'm a strong atrox with maxed stamina and strength). The last 2 days things have gone havoc. I have put all my stash in the bank, I now carry my basic kits and maybe 1 small backpack of stuff, and even then I'm 21% overburdened. I went on 1 mission and was almost 100% over the limit, just by the loot I picked up in that single mission.

I also talked to another guy who had the same problem. What's going on ?!

Weight limits worked in the beginning, but then shut off after one of the early patches. It appears the limit is working again if this is what's happening to you. Regardless of the size of the pack you're carrying, you need to look at the weights of each item in it, as well as your inventory. You should see the indicator on your Stats window as well.
    ........Truth...........
    Honor--|--Virtue The Order of the Crimson Cross
    .......Loyalty.........

Well that is completely laughable. IMHO

Talking one more bugfix

Aren't you happy with this bugfix ? lol

"I am carrying 10 full bags..."

Erm. That SHOULD weigh a fair bit..

Originally posted by MiKEBoND
    "I am carrying 10 full bags..."

Erm. That SHOULD weigh a fair bit..
    Yes, but "my basic kits and maybe 1 small backpack of stuff" shouldn't. Specially as the backpack are suppose to have a set weight.

Question ...

I have four bags with stuff in them, ranging from clothing (I'm a clothes horse... eep... never know when that rubber cat suit's going to come in handy) to implants and armor for my twin... and my kodiak... yet I'm carrying MAX like 10/65...

Is it just me?

-Nietya

Exclamation PLAYABILITY!

Anyway, what about traders (referring not to the profession, but any player that is into trading)? I used to be a one-man walking shop, with all my trade stuff organized in big backpacks in one of my hotkey bars, with ie. #1=guns, #2=other weapons, #3=clusters, #4=nanos etc.... and then I usually had 3-4 small backpacks for mission junk etc. Ok, I know this is a bit unrealistic but for gods sake.... let us have some playability.

In my imagination all those backpacks just reassemble my wagon of goods that I park up on the Tir markedplace or something.

Ok, so maybe having to put 4 of the big backpacks in the bank before going on a 3-mission trip to Andromeda, to make sure I wouldn't hit the weight barrier, wouldn't be such a pain...
    after all, I'm not out to sell guns to the OTs, I'm there to kill them.

But the way it is now, I have to keep everything in the bank at all times and still I'm 100% overburdened, and you can't keep stuff organized in the bank and you can't even drag them into the chat from there.

Well you're an atrox, genetically designed to be big and strong, u have maxed out strength and stamina and ur full of over-equipped implants to further increase them. You get rid of everything u absolutely don't need and you're 21% overburdened. You go do 1 mission, put loot in a small backpack, just junk like targetting scopes and monster parts and maybe a gun or two, and then you're at 80%... now if that isn't laughable,..

Funcom should learn from a company named Blizzard, they know to prioritize gameplay to realism and still noone complains, their games are the funnest there are.

All weight limits are really going to do is making us pass up MORE of the junk we see in missions.. not like many of us pick the stuff up anyway.. but that tradeskill item that I find that *might* help someone who's making a new weapon is definitely either not coming with me, or is being deleted the moment I need space..

U ad similiar problem but...

I was saving those little 'cards' that say 'You have made a mistake' when killing OT NPCs. And they are dang heavy. See if you have a stack of those in your inventory. If you do take em out and see if your weight goes down.

Thrin

bug is...

What's happening is that items in bags have no weight. (As, apparently, intended).

Before 13.0, when you put something in a bag, its weight dissapeared from your load.

Now, when something enters your main inventory level, its weight is added to your load. When you put it into a backpack, that weight is NOT removed from your load, until you zone/log.

So, when you pick up stuff, you'll want to pick up things one at a time, and backpack them immediately, before picking up another, to minimize how much weight gets added.

Just verified.. Tirans correct...

Thanks Tiran... Just like you said...

Thrin

Thankx for work-around tips, I'll check them out....

are ot cards that heavy? hm... I have around 211 of them ... collecting..... gotta check that out too...

Its the OT cards

I delete mine now, or dont even pick them up, drop em in the bank or ground and you'll see the difference!
    ~Ghale
    Clan Fixer
    RK1

~Parenchyma
    Clan MP
    RK1

~Ghalee
    Clan Fixer
    RK2