Thread: Empty stores are GAME KILLER

Empty stores are GAME KILLER

Yo! Funcom!

Players in your game require access to certain basic items like first aid kits, treatment kits, nano rechargers, etc. to PLAY THE GAME AT ALL.

The fact that such critical items are becoming unavailable in-game is ridiculous, and as worthy of an "Emergency Patch" as any mission problem, hunting problem, etc.

The "empty stores" issue is not getting anywhere near the amount and priority of attention it deserves. It totally kills the ability for many to play at ALL.

This is actually an old bug from 2 or 3 patches back. It was fixed already only it seems they've reverted to an old code version so they just have to go get the code from the newer version and put it back in. I agree it should have been faster. I agree that a bug of this magnitude should be considered an emergency. Last time we had to live with it for over 2 weeks I believe.

They also have a bug with area effect spells that *still* causes people to root themselves and teammates even after the emergency patch to fix it. If I target an enemy and cast Sticky Ground, my whole team gets rooted. I imagine it is the same with other area effect spells of other classes.

At least this time around with the stores, it's not nearly as universal as it was. I had to go looking for a store that sold general nanocrystals, but at least I found one with little trouble (but alot of zoneing). Last time, you had to do things like ask people on the trade channel if there was a store anywhere with the machine you wanted not empty. Usually they would tell you "yeah, you just have to goto <a zone that is next to impossible for a char of your level to get to>, and it's right there!"

The bug started small and escalated last time too. We're only in the first few days. Give it time.

Yep, it's definitely escalating this time too, just like last time. The stores aren't refreshing, and eventually ALL of the affected store types will run out of stock.

And yet, no mention whatsoever of Funcom fixing this in tonight's/tomorrow's "update". The notion that org commands are more important than players being able to get first aid supplies is ludicrous, but then, what about Funcom's "management" of this game isn't?

I do hope they're not expecting folks to hurry out and purchase Midgard when it becomes available. That might lead to them having a very unpleasant surprise. I know of my friends that already left AO, all of them have said they'll never buy a Funcom product ever again. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment, for staying around here.