Thread: Camera still a pain to use.

Unhappy Camera still a pain to use.

I constantly have to hit F8 just to re-position the camera whenever I:

1. Sit down.
    2. Stand up.
    3. Zone.
    4. Choose a target.

I especially hate it when I sit. The camera does this annoying slow pan down to me and then ultimately suddenly snaps to a position where it's directly behind me. If I stand, I have to hit F8 just to re-position it.

Funcom, please consider adjusting camera control. I'd absolutely LOVE a nice absolute stationary camera position that does not meander or pan.

Lightbulb options

Hit control-f8 in the game until the camera reads with the little 3rd person symbol and a F. That's fixed camera. Then you can adjust it to where you want it, hit the period on the numeric keypad, and that's your home point. From that point on, the camera should stay locked where you had it, and you can pan around as you want to... to reset it to your preferred, home point, just hit 5 on the numeric keypad.

Hope that helps.

-Nietya
    46 lvl fixer, holding faith in Funcom, and still trying to get used to playing a game in 3rd person mode...

That IS the camera viewpoint that I use. My complaint is that it is not a true fixed camera and would like it to be as such.

Does your camera pan down to you when you sit?
    Do you ever have to readjust it when you zone?

Another thing my camera does is zoom in slightly every time I zone. Annoying as bugger.

Thanks for helping though. I'll go thru my camera settings for the billionth time to make sure I have it set correctly.