Thread: Caster range

Exclamation Caster range

I think a two-step solution would solve most of the current caster problems:

1. Fix line-of-sight for PvP and NFs so that caster exploiters do not ruin the game for everyone else.

2. Please re-instate the previous NF range and remove the 40m cap.

Most every soldier/enforcer/agent/engineer/etc I have talked to want the 40m NF cap because they don't like NTs targetting them from jets, flying to a out-of-sight place, and then nuking them from afar. They do not mind casters being able to shoot creatures from a long ways off.

So, please just fix the PvP problem instead of hitting us with the nerf bat. I don't PvP much at all (and I don't use the xploit). You are hurting very many of us just to avoid fixing the real problem.

Please no flames, I am trying to be civil about this. I don't like exploits any more than the next fellow. I also have never recommended a nerf for any class. Nerfing is bad.

I know it.. I was balanced out with the tanks and the agents and things when i was able to cast further then them. Now, I can't seem to cast/root before the baddies get to me. This really should only be a PvP instated thing. Soloing was pretty tough but now its much harder.

The range cap has to be removed quick!!!!!!! Both in PvM and PvP, i want to be able to fight players AND mobs, and still have a chance, as it is now i dont have a chance at all.

Of my patch concerns this is minor.

I can deal with a caped range.. I have tried PvP post 13.0 and honestly thats the least of my problems.

What I would rather know why oh why did they make doctors get aggroed when healing? It was bad when direct heals were a source of aggros but now team heals do it too. Ugg.. Docs are the backbone of any good group without 'em gorups are shortlived and frusterating. My group loast our doc twice in like 1 hour.. and boy was he pissed.
    -Entropy:
    The only game you cannot win...

If you leave

hey LL I remeber that you said you would quit if they capped your range... Can I get your stuff? heheh..
    -Entropy:
    The only game you cannot win...

just great

If it's just the NT's (like apps) who target while flying around, land somewhere inaccessable, and nuke with impunity,
    just increase the vehicle equip disequip time

make it like 75 seconds like a battlesuit

besides, cant nuke in a car/plane so that's all good

75 second timer?

Feralfung, I guarantee you that 99.99% of vehicle equips and de-equips have absolutely nothing to do with PvP, and putting in a 75 second timer would make travel horrible. The existing 10 second timer is already awful for regular (non-PvP) gameplay.

Besides, it really fixes nothing. An NT will fly by in DAV, target, wait a minute and a half getting out of vehicle, and still be able to 80m AE nuke with impunity.
    Last edited by Talys; Nov 16th, 2001 at 00:31:20.

Re: 75 second timer?

Originally posted by Talys
    Feralfung, I guarantee you that 99.99% of vehicle equips and de-equips have absolutely nothing to do with PvP, and putting in a 75 second timer would make travel horrible. The existing 10 second timer is already awful for regular (non-PvP) gameplay.

Besides, it really fixes nothing. An NT will fly by in DAV, target, wait a minute and a half getting out of vehicle, and still be able to 80m AE nuke with impunity.

Haha, Nuke with Impunity. Talys, I think you should read Otters post located here:

http://aoforums.funcom.com/showthread.php?threadid=170

They coincide with what I have done too.