Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newland Guards Initative - Flier

Re: whealer

Originally posted by Blackhole
    I actually have no problem with neutrals policing themselves what i DO have an issue with is the neutrals reluctance to ADMIT that they are a 3rd faction.
    Neutrals are as much a faction as the Clans are. I will not argue that fact. They are a loosely tied group of individuals much in the same way that the Clans are. The difference however is in the fact that some Neutrals wish to peacefuly coexist with Omni and Clan while others wish to be excluded from any conflict or interaction between the two.
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

/me wonders what happened to the Newland City Council
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I suppose the Newland City Council might be holding a committee for a month or three to find out what they really want.

In any case, it seems like they are taking their time about making a decision, but they have to evaluate the consequences and gains, after all.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

It's complicated. I think its pretty clear everyone subscribed to the view Omni aligned mercs in NLC should be replaced with true neutral (and possibly robotic!!!) guards. There is no such agreement as to what the new guards should be instructed to do.

Without going into the too much detail, some neutrals are in favour the current ban on Clanners in NLC, other neutrals believed this ban needs to be lifted. Both sides feel very passionately about this and there does not seem to be much room for compromise. Under these conditions I doubt the Newland City Council will affect any changes, for whatever they chose to do would end up upsetting a substantial portion of their residents.

Some progress could be made if the two issues 'Guards should be neutral' and 'NLC should return to be open to the Clans' were divorced. For instance, if everyone agrees that the guards should be neutral, then the campaign could focus on that and leave the issue of lifting the ban on Clanners in NLC for another day. But I am sure many would argue that the two issues cannot be divorced. And so a state of stalemate persists and as such RUR has put development of our ST49 GuardMaster robot on hold, at least temporarily.

Like I said, it's complicated.

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

From the desk of Malcom Ciafardoni -

We at Circle-G Inc. are investigating the possibility that the Newland City Council may be being forced into a reclusive state due to Ms Lauren Warr and her thugs. We will continue our investigation and act accordingly to what we find. Should Ms Warr not be a threat to the well being of the Newland City Council then we shall not take any actions. If, however, our investigations prove otherwise we will be forced to take actions against Ms Warr and her thugs that can only best be described as messy and detrimental to their own well being. We hope that Ms Warr will be cooprative durring our investigation as any hostilities may prove detrimental to her cause.

Regards,

Maclom Ciafardoni

Malcom "Whealer" Ciafardoni
    Malcom Ciafardoni
    Circle-G Inc. - The Past. The Present. Your Future.

I'm not a gimp, I'm a trade skill Trader.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12